Tempro Drums

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Aerosmitten

Tempro Drums

Post by Aerosmitten »

HELP!
The pastor at my Church gave me the old drums set that is no longer beign used anymore and told me to fix it up. It's not in as bad shape as he had thought. It needs new tom mounts and the feet for the bass drum mainly.
The problem is it was made by a company named Tempro, and I can't find anything on Tempro drums other than they are Japanese.
Does anybody know anything about this particular brand and what if any other brands of drum equipment I could use with it? Monday or Tuesday I'll be going to town and will go to the music store and ask the dude there about it. Anyway, any help would be greatly apreciated.
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Can't help you much on the brand. I've never heard of them either. During the eighties, as I understand, there were a lot of such smaller drum companies. As far as hardware goes, measure the spacing of the bolts and find stuff similar...which may or may not be too difficult.

I wonder if Yamaha might not be a place to check. They're the premiere Japanese drum company and they may have designed hardware to cover such instances.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Weel...I found out it was made by Pearl in the 60's or 70's. I think I am going to have to ged new hardware and have new holes drilled in the bass atleast. BUt that is what I expected, though I thought I would check it out and see what my options were.
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Heck, if they were made by Pearl, you've got it made. What are the sizes? And how many pieces? D'ya get cymbal stands, as well?
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Tinkertoy Drummer

Post by Tinkertoy Drummer »

"Tempro"......sure it wasn't made by Ford? 8) I'm interested to see pics of these once the repairs are done. Export Series is as far back as I go!
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

KaelMWithChopsticks, the bass drum is 20" (lol, had to edit as the first time I typed " 20' " heh) 12 and 13" toms, and a 16" flor tom. The cymbal stands are both broken.

Tinker, I'll post pics when I ged them all fixed, but it's gonna be a while as I am bout broke.
KaelMwithascrubbrush

Oi, 20-inch bass drum, eh? I gots me a 22-inch, but would prefer a 20-inch...what say we meet somewhere in the middle...say Jackson Hole, Wyoming and swap bass drums, eh? :P
-Steven Wright
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Och, but is yours one of them pretty pink sparcles? :wink:
KaelMwithascrubbrush

No, but it's a nice pretty plumb color...so you'd have pink toms with a plumb bass drum (pardon the rhyme) and I'd have the opposite...how cute :lol:
-Steven Wright
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Och, so pretty! :wink:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

How abouts we meet in Seattle in early July at the Rush gig there, KaelMWithABassDrum? Or at the Gorge in George, Washington in late July for CreationFest?
Onward and Upward!
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

That sounds like a better idea :wink: