FEEDOM OF SPEECH

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Me

FEEDOM OF SPEECH

Post by Me »

SEEING WHAT EXPIRED RECENTLY WITH THE 9/11 THREAD I WROTE THE FOLLOWING TO JOHN THE OWNER OF THIS BOARD.

Hello John,

I hope all is well with you and your getting use to the diagreeable weather in your adopted state.

I am writing to you in regards to a 9/11 thread that was deleted by Leon at the request of Elfdude. I thought it was important to consider debating the validity of the thread before taking such drastic measures considering the fact that our freedom of speech is protected by our first admendment right, which of what I thought your web site By-Tor held dear and near.
Leon said Elfdude owned the whole thread because he started it so he deleted at his request seeing that's the way it's going to be, I want everything I ever wrote and all the threads I ever started deleted in it's entirety. That would include both my screen names Me and my alter Mr. Potatoe Head.

Thank You,

Kevin
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

What, then, should be said about freedom of ownership?

Just a thought.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

So the person that starts the thread owns it and everyone else's posts in it? I wasn't there and I don't know what was said but the person that wrote the individual post in a sense owns their post. No offense Hairy, but maybe Kev should have a had a chance to save some of his posts before the thread was deleted. He's upset about loosing what he wrote I think. :hippy2:
We're all mad here!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Hey guys... this whole thread is out of line.. I am not a mod, however I care about this board and the people on it. The last thing we all need is another flame war like we had a few years back.. Things that have been said in this thread should be kept private, and to question Leon's authority as a mod in a public forum and what he does in that position is not good. Leon is a very fair guy and if he does something, like delete a thread, he did it for the best interest of this board. The 9/11 thread was way out of control and it was rightly deleted. Freedom of speech and attacking somebody in a open forum are two very different things.. Lets just all remember we are friends and By-tor is a very special place to all of us. I would hate to lose this board or any of you. We almost did a few years back, not because of By-tor himself, but because people got mad and left. We have worked it back up and it is a fun place to come to. We lost some good people, but thank God some of them came back. I don't want to see that happen again. You are all special people that make this board what it is today.

Bill
Happy 2015!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Oh, didn't know that, wasn't there. I think we should definitely keep the peace, no flame throwing except in the fight thread. Its ok to be a smart ass every now and then though :twisted: :-D
We're all mad here!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

*drags Xanny off to the fight thread for a good ole fashioned power wedgie* :-D
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

am I the only one who gets sick watching these airplanes fly by.. :???:
Happy 2015!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Soup4Rush wrote:am I the only one who gets sick watching these airplanes fly by.. :???:
I just wanna know why the jet is going so much slower...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Its farther away, besides p-51 mustangs are FAST! :-D

Can't they ged near 400kts?
We're all mad here!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

not sure, but I think the p51 has to go.. :-D
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

that's better..
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

formation flying
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

now there are 4, almost a squadron.. :-D
Happy 2015!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

huh? 4 where what.

Why you ged rid of the mustang? :( Jets suck. :razz:
We're all mad here!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Xanadu wrote:Its farther away,
yeah, that makes sense. :)
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?