Who's Rights Are More Important?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Who's Rights Are More Important?

Post by awip2062 »

Okay, Colorado just passed a law making it legal for men to go into women's bathrooms and women into men's. You can read an article here:
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=92754

Pretty much it comes about because the governor signed a law protecting people who are gay, bisexual or transgender from discrimination in areas including housing, business and education. The law also prohibits discrimination in "public accommodations."

The public accomodations part is what is giving people the right to use whichever bathroom they want, whenever they want, wherever they want. Even in the schools.

The proponents say that people should have the right to choose the bathroom they want based on how they see themselves, not as how the good Lord made them.

I ask, however, what about the rights of the other people in the bathroom? What about the people who want a bit of privacy from those of the other sex? Who don't want people of the other sex about while they are doing personal things?

Someone's going to be made to feel uncomfortable and feel violated? I guess the Colorado just decided whom they prefer to make uncomfortable.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Let's see... Colorado.

Isn't that where Ward Churchill is tenured?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Dunno.

But it is where Focus on the Family is located.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

This will make a lot of people uneasy.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

But those who are uncomfy will be labeled as "homophobes".

Great, eh?
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Haters and Fanboys right. :razz:
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

LOL yeah, that!

But think of this, not only the pople in the bathroom will be nervous. How would you feel, Bro, knowing Scoot was using a toilet in a room where men were free to wander at any time with no one caring about it?

You think only gays and trans people (who would be completely harmless to the girls) are going to use this law to get into the girls' potty? How many pervs are going to use it to their advantage?
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

awip2062 wrote:LOL yeah, that!

But think of this, not only the pople in the bathroom will be nervous. How would you feel, Bro, knowing Scoot was using a toilet in a room where men were free to wander at any time with no one caring about it?

You think only gays and trans people (who would be completely harmless to the girls) are going to use this law to get into the girls' potty? How many pervs are going to use it to their advantage?

you know it sounded like a pretty good idea until t ruined it with that last post... :twisted: :razz: :-D
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

^^^^
you know you are a father when....

hehe
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I got used to unisex bathrooms when living in France. But they're much more enlightened over there than we are y'know...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I am quite fine with allowing them to be more enlightened.

I know a bit of what goes on in the mind of a male, and I def know what goes on in the mind of a woman.
Onward and Upward!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

ElfDude wrote:I got used to unisex bathrooms when living in France. But they're much more enlightened over there than we are y'know...
Enlightened? Hmmm . . . without taking into account the effects of a corrupt society, is it really "enlightened"? A good case could be argued for "ignorant".
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

zepboy wrote:
ElfDude wrote:I got used to unisex bathrooms when living in France. But they're much more enlightened over there than we are y'know...
Enlightened? Hmmm . . . without taking into account the effects of a corrupt society, is it really "enlightened"? A good case could be argued for "ignorant".
Aw c'mon. Just ask any Frenchman. Or even John Kerry. They'll tell you how much more enlightered the French are than us barbarians!
Walkinghairball

awip2062 wrote:How would you feel, Bro, knowing Scoot was using a toilet in a room where men were free to wander at any time with no one caring about it?
I wouldn't like it one bit. And fury is unfathomable to the mother f***er that harms her. In any way. Now I realize that not every man in that situation is a petophile or a pervert, but I know men and Scoot is a good looking little girl. Ok, stop, I have had enough of what if on this.

*Goes off to my happy place and thinks of ice cream and ponies or something non violent like that*
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

ElfDude wrote:
Aw c'mon. Just ask any Frenchman. Or even John Kerry. They'll tell you how much more enlightered the French are than us barbarians!
Barbarian or savage or whatever is just fine with me.
Onward and Upward!