Vocabulary and Slang

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

SIOGO

The band Blackfoot coined this phrase. Here is the history;

We record the "Siogo" album in Ann Arbor, telling the record company that "siogo" was an Indian word meaning "closeness" or "togetherness". Actually, our road crew had coined the word during previous tours, an acronym taken from a sign they had put in the front lounge of their tour bus. The sign said something like this: "If you are reading this, you must be a slut, since, otherwise, this sign would have been taken down before you got here. Suck It Or Get Out!". (I never said we weren't sexist pigs!)
The folks at Atco Records discovered the true meaning of "siogo" soon after the album was released in early 1983, when their publicist was calling all the Atco field reps to tell them all about the new Blackfoot record. One of the reps who had been on the road with us for a while and knew the truth began laughing hysterically when she told him "Siogo" meant "closeness", and he told her the real story. Atco was not amused. (I never said we were rocket scientists, either!)
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

"Red Death"

Poorly prepared corned beef & cabbage
Don't start none...won't be none.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Shit-on-a-Shingle

Chipped beef gravy on toast wedges
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Diadem

1. a crown.
2. a cloth headband, sometimes adorned with jewels, formerly worn by Oriental kings.
3. royal dignity or authority.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?