Get Rid of Bono AND AIDS?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Get Rid of Bono AND AIDS?

Post by awip2062 »

Check this out! People are pledging money to AIDS if only Bono will quit! AND they have more reason than just being annoyed by him. Apparently, the money being raised isn't being used as much for AIDS as for marketing and a few other things as well have their ire up.

http://www.thepoint.com/campaigns/bono- ... fight-aids
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

That was an interesting read. It's a tough one, though. Completely factual points on both sides (and some fluffy stuff.) Bono has done great things for the A.I.D.S. cause, but I can see where much of the money intended for research and development goes to promotion. On the other hand, the promotion is what may attract the attention of the people who should be aware of the dangers of A.I.D.S.
Then again (again) maybe Bono is not the right figurehead for the youth of today. Lotsa different angles.
Perhaps "whatever works" is the way to go.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Personally I am not donating to it to get rid of him. IF I were to donate to it, I would most likely donate to an organization directly anyway. Most of where my charity monies go are directly to a group rather than for goods that support the group, but sometimes I'll buy something, like these handmade paper notebooks made by kids in Asia that I got at a concert last year. I think it is good that the people work, too, sooo....

But, yes, more than one side always. I just thought it was surprising that people would put up money for this.
Onward and Upward!