PETA Really Kills Critters?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

All packaged up nicely :-D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Doesn't look so gross now. *sigh*
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

There's a few good books on it...basically some time after after each meal you answer a few questions on how you feel, if you're hungry again, tired, depressed, happy, feel good, have gas, crave something...etc. An hour after a meal you should feel really good, any variation from that, you didn't eat right for your type. I feel great as long as I eat lots of protein mostly from red meat mod-high fat (depending on activity) and few carbs (only from veggies, no grain, no sugar). Very few people are carbohydrate types, most are mixed in between types or protein types.

Although the above, keep in mind it takes a couple of weeks on a healthy diet to normalize your insulin levels, so you may not feel exactly right until this happens. Craving carbs because of this does not mean you should eat them...it means your body is addicted to them and makes insulin even if you haven't ate any.

The Metabolic Typing Diet: Customize Your Diet to Your Own Unique Body Chemistry by William Linz Wolcott & Trish Fahey is one I would recommend. Its only like $10 on amazon.com
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

How about PETA trying to get Ben and Jerry's to use human breast milk in their ice cream to "lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health"? LOL

And get this, people consider that a vegan alternative! LOL I guess vegan means no animal products but human! LOL
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

But I want my double "D"light ice cream!!!!! :razz: :razz: :razz:
This space for rent
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

I was wondering, to myself at first, why we think it's gross to drink human breast milk over cow breast milk. I am grossed out by it too, but still...think about it.

I read somewhere that rat milk was considered for school lunches. Isn't that known as "malk?"
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

*cheers!*

Yay! A malk reference!
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:*cheers!*

Yay! A malk reference!
HAHAHAHA Got Malk? :P
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

:-D

Vitamin R! *Barf*
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:I was wondering, to myself at first, why we think it's gross to drink human breast milk over cow breast milk. I am grossed out by it too, but still...think about it.

I read somewhere that rat milk was considered for school lunches. Isn't that known as "malk?"
I think that we consider it gross because of the connotations of grown people nursing come to our minds. Also, breast milk was intended for babies, not adults. Many of us in the world have trouble with milk because our bodies stop being able to break it down well after a certain age (some people never can), again, because it wasn't intended to be used for food past a very young age.

As for rat milk...can you think of how many rats it would take... :shock:
Onward and Upward!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Do you thin YOU can milk a rat! 8) :razz:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I think I could, if she had milk.

I milked a dog once.... :oops:
Onward and Upward!