The Obama Test

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

The Obama Test

Post by CygnusX1 »

Please answer the following questions to see where you agree or disagree
with Barack Obama:

http://www.barackobamatest.com/?fuseaction=home.options

I disagreed with Obama 91% of the time.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

What a set-up. Nearly every question is right-wing biased-worded.
And in the end, my results were:

Element Q48 is undefined in ATTRIBUTES.

The error occurred in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\home\qryInsertAnswers.cfm: line 80
Called from C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\parsed\home.posorneg.cfm: line 39
Called from C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\fusebox4.runtime.cfmx.cfm: line 433
Called from C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\fusebox4.runtime.cfmx.cfm: line 426
Called from C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\fusebox4.runtime.cfmx.cfm: line 1
Called from C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\index.cfm: line 12

78 : '#attributes.q46#',
79 : '#attributes.q47#',
80 : '#attributes.q48#',
81 : '#attributes.q49#',
82 : '#attributes.q50#',

Resources:

* Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
* Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16
Remote Address 216.69.223.249
Referrer http://www.barackobamatest.com/?fuseaction=home.options
Date/Time 17-Sep-08 07:59 AM
Stack Trace
at cfqryInsertAnswers2ecfm35822762.runPage(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\home\qryInsertAnswers.cfm:80) at cfhome2eposorneg2ecfm1692607861.runPage(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\parsed\home.posorneg.cfm:39) at cffusebox42eruntime2ecfmx2ecfm1965722828._factor15(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\fusebox4.runtime.cfmx.cfm:433) at cffusebox42eruntime2ecfmx2ecfm1965722828._factor17(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\fusebox4.runtime.cfmx.cfm:426) at cffusebox42eruntime2ecfmx2ecfm1965722828.runPage(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\fusebox4.runtime.cfmx.cfm:1) at cfindex2ecfm667912802.runPage(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\index.cfm:12)

coldfusion.runtime.UndefinedElementException: Element Q48 is undefined in ATTRIBUTES.
at coldfusion.runtime.DotResolver.resolveSplitNameInMap(DotResolver.java:108)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._resolve(CfJspPage.java:1538)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._resolveAndAutoscalarize(CfJspPage.java:1717)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._resolveAndAutoscalarize(CfJspPage.java:1710)
at cfqryInsertAnswers2ecfm35822762.runPage(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\home\qryInsertAnswers.cfm:80)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:192)
at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:366)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTag(CfJspPage.java:2644)
at cfhome2eposorneg2ecfm1692607861.runPage(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\parsed\home.posorneg.cfm:39)
at cffusebox42eruntime2ecfmx2ecfm1965722828._factor15(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\fusebox4.runtime.cfmx.cfm:433)
at cffusebox42eruntime2ecfmx2ecfm1965722828._factor17(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\fusebox4.runtime.cfmx.cfm:426)
at cffusebox42eruntime2ecfmx2ecfm1965722828.runPage(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\fusebox4.runtime.cfmx.cfm:1)
at cfindex2ecfm667912802.runPage(C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kigono\obamatest\index.cfm:12)
at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65)
at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:279)
at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48)
at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)
at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:86)
at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:70)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserDebugFilter.invoke(BrowserDebugFilter.java:74)
at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:46)
at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
at coldfusion.filter.RequestThrottleFilter.invoke(RequestThrottleFilter.java:126)
at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:175)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:86)
at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java:94)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java:101)
at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:284)
at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:203)
at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)
at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266)
at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I didn't do it.

I am just gonna wait till November and vote.
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

88% disagree here. good times.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:What a set-up. Nearly every question is right-wing biased-worded.
How could it be biased if we AGREE with Obama on some of his positions? :? :???:

That's strictly a matter of opinion.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

79% disagree with him.

(vote Libertarian)

*runs away from rotten fruit being thrown*
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

YYZ30 wrote:79% disagree with him.

(vote Libertarian)

*runs away from rotten fruit being thrown*
It's all good Z. Just closed-ended questions and straight answers.

They're HIS positions. References follow each one, and there's no hatin'
here.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

LOL at BBO's results! :lol:

As for mine...
You DISAGREED with the Barack Obama position on 50 of the 52 test questions. This means you disagree with the Obama position 96% of the time.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Some of the questions were quite easy to answer and others were very hard. An example of a hard question was the one about whether or not I would financially help a step-brother of mine who was living in a slum barely making it on $300 a year. Well....does he want my help? Would he actually use the finances I gave him to improve his lot or shoot it up his arm or drink it or spend it on something else that would not help his standard of living? I need those kinds of answers to decide yes or no.

In the end, I diagreed with him 92% of the time. I might actually disagree with him more or agree with him more but the choices I was given didn't always reflect what I wanted to say, so I'd just click on either.
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

CygnusX1 wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:What a set-up. Nearly every question is right-wing biased-worded.
How could it be biased if we AGREE with Obama on some of his positions? :? :???:

That's strictly a matter of opinion.
I'm not saying it's 100% bias-worded. Some of the questions are just tricky, like I've seen both candidates be in their claims about the other.

For example:

7. "Right now, which ONE of the following do you think should be a more important priority for this country: protecting the environment, or developing new sources of energy?"

Protect environment
Develop new sources of energy

Well, Obama doesn't say "Pick between these two." Here we assume that he is against DEVELOPING NEW sources of energy, not just drilling up the remaining oil in protected wildlife preserves. So the question is obviously loaded for the thinking person to select "B" which chalks up another "disagree" for Obama, when he has been just as vocal about the environment as he is about the development of new sources of energy. There are several of these types of questions, a few in the abortion section, the tax section and so on.

I didn't mean it to sound like I was attacking you for posting the poll, Cyg. I probably would have if I stumbled across it as well, except that the poll is authored by Bradley O'Leary, who has written books and articles with titles like "Top 200 Reasons To Not Vote For Bill Clinton" and The Audacity Of Deceit - Barack Obama's War On American Values. He is one of the multi-millionaires that are in the small percentage that fears having to pay taxes on his income, rather than having the Bush tax breaks. You can see how I may see a bias now? O'Leary's bias is well-documented.

I was a little jacked that, after filling out the entire thing it exploded all over my desk. "DOES NOT COMPUTE-TOO MANY WRONG ANSWERS-WHO IS THIS LIBERAL ASSCHIN?-MELTDOWN IMMINENT" :-D
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:Some of the questions were quite easy to answer and others were very hard. An example of a hard question was the one about whether or not I would financially help a step-brother of mine who was living in a slum barely making it on $300 a year. Well....does he want my help? Would he actually use the finances I gave him to improve his lot or shoot it up his arm or drink it or spend it on something else that would not help his standard of living?
This question was in reference to a brother (technically a half-brother) Obama has in Kenya. He's in a shack and lives on $12 a year.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

That question is one that would fit my problem with this poll (and so many others I have seen). I think we should develop new sources of energy and take care of the land in which we live.

Of course, the phrase "take care of the land in which we live" means different things to different people, too. To some people it would mean quitting our use of oil altogether and to others it wouldn't.

Too often you cannot reduce an issue to just two simplistic choices.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I want to take one to see how much I agree with John McCain too.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

ElfDude wrote:
awip2062 wrote:Some of the questions were quite easy to answer and others were very hard. An example of a hard question was the one about whether or not I would financially help a step-brother of mine who was living in a slum barely making it on $300 a year. Well....does he want my help? Would he actually use the finances I gave him to improve his lot or shoot it up his arm or drink it or spend it on something else that would not help his standard of living?
This question was in reference to a brother (technically a half-brother) Obama has in Kenya. He's in a shack and lives on $12 a year.
And I saw that as an equal to something like, "Would you leave your wife of 10 years after she agonized for seven of them over you being tortured daily in an enemy country." It may be a valid question, but not for a poll that has you choose between two narrow choices.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:For example:

7. "Right now, which ONE of the following do you think should be a more important priority for this country: protecting the environment, or developing new sources of energy?"

Protect environment
Develop new sources of energy

Well, Obama doesn't say "Pick between these two." Here we assume that he is against DEVELOPING NEW sources of energy, not just drilling up the remaining oil in protected wildlife preserves. So the question is obviously loaded for the thinking person to select "B" which chalks up another "disagree" for Obama, when he has been just as vocal about the environment as he is about the development of new sources of energy.
I just figured that we've been protecting the environment for close to 35
years now, and zilch on the energy front...'bout time to move on the latter
if you ask me. Strictly my opinion.