Bail-outs

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote: and the Republicans can do no wrong, never have, never will.
If I believed that I'd join the party. Earlier in this thread I announced before all of you as witnesses that I had phoned the offices of both my Republican Senators to let them know that I would never vote for them again. And I expect you guys to hold my feet to the fire.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:Earlier in this thread I announced before all of you as witnesses that I had phoned the offices of both my Republican Senators to let them know that I would never vote for them again. And I expect you guys to hold my feet to the fire.
If they didn't get the message then, they'll get it on election day Elf.

There are, like, 30 Senate seats up for grabs.

Watch to see how many of the incumbents get walking papers.

It's gonna get ugly, but it needs to happen.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Big Blue Owl wrote:It's like, to you guys, Democrats are responsible for every negative thing that has ever happened in the history of the world and the Republicans can do no wrong, never have, never will. It's so extreme that it is difficult to be taken seriously. It's not that I don't enjoy the conversation, but it is becoming increasingly impossible to actually have one.

Isn't acceptance the next step? I suggest we all get to that asap, as it'll make it easier come November 4, regardless of the outcome..
Not to insult at all, but as someone who mostly casually observes all opinion tossed about by both sides on this and doesn't care in the slightest, I get the same feeling for you and democrats bbo. I understand you are getting stressed as the only one of the 'opposition' and have been waiting for this damned election to end so we can all get back to normal ( my election is over before yours, nah nah :P)
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Fair enough. I can see why you might think that. It's not true, but I may have given that impression. I wish to be more objective and balanced than that. Thanks for the heads-up, Mygh.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Sir Myghin wrote: I understand you are getting stressed as the only one of the 'opposition'
BBO is one of courage to continue to hang around in here.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

BBO is appreciated. He has often caused me to think more deeply than my lazy nature really cares to. Honestly, I wish more Dem supporters had his kind of willingness to debate the issues reasonably.

My biggest beef with the Dems (and almost as many GOPers) is that, when they are called to support their stand, it rapidly digresses into name calling and accusations. It's juvenille.

BBO (and I am sure there are many others out there) has stood his ground well, always willing and surely intelligent enough to reason through his points.

Honestly, if both sides of the aisle were like that, I think things would be very different today.

I wonder what it would be like if "freedom of speech" were redefined to the point where the media could no longer pit the two sides against each other . . .
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

That's very kind of you guys to say. Thank you. :-)
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

zepboy wrote:BBO is appreciated. He has often caused me to think more deeply than my lazy nature really cares to. Honestly, I wish more Dem supporters had his kind of willingness to debate the issues reasonably.

My biggest beef with the Dems (and almost as many GOPers) is that, when they are called to support their stand, it rapidly digresses into name calling and accusations. It's juvenille.

BBO (and I am sure there are many others out there) has stood his ground well, always willing and surely intelligent enough to reason through his points.

Honestly, if both sides of the aisle were like that, I think things would be very different today.

I wonder what it would be like if "freedom of speech" were redefined to the point where the media could no longer pit the two sides against each other . . .
Couldn't have put it better myself Zep.

Thanks for saying what I couldn't find the words for.

BBO my brother, don't change a thing or we'll RIOT! :headbang:
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

CygnusX1 wrote:
BBO my brother, don't change a thing or we'll RIOT! :headbang:
Quietly, of course! ;-)
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

*ElfDude doesn't do Quiet Riot*
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

t doesn't "do" them either. ;-)
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Snap! :lol: