Pre-sales for North America dates

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Phildogger

Post by Phildogger »

And you know what? Fuck you RUSH, for letting that happen. And no, I don't care what you people think of that. Ridiculous. hope all the corporate idiots enjoy the show, I'm not going. Enough is enough. This just goes to show the level of disrespect and contempt they have for the average fan.
"Living in their Pools, they soon forget about the Sea..."
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

*waiting patiently for the Sacramento Show to go on sale*

OK, maybe not so patiently...

:evil:
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

yeah I see where you are coming from, however that is the nature of the business. They do it for sports too... But I think Rush does a pretty good job of not gouging their fans, I think a lot of that is out of their control. I mean $69 to sit lower level is pretty reasonable these days.... and take a look at the RIR DVD, I was blown away that I only paid $20 for that. And it was quality. not garbage. Honestly, I think Rush cares about their fans. Its just business. I may not change your mind, but you should go because you enjoy their music and accept the dirty side of the biz for what it is. my 2cents anyway.
Happy 2015!
Phildogger

Post by Phildogger »

$69 dollars? Lucky you. Much more expensive here in MA. Worth it? i no longer know.
EndlesslyRocking

Phildogger wrote:$69 dollars? Lucky you. Much more expensive here in MA. Worth it? i no longer know.
Nice signature, Phildogger

:)
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Man, you should just suck it up, pay the jack, accept it for what it is and go enjoy the show. You are a true Rush fan (you have to be to be here) and you know you will regret it if you don't go. Just some friendly advice from a fellow Rush fan, and you know we are all smart. You are just bitter now but this too will pass as soon as they start jamming. And you can always make the trip here, I will hang with you.
Happy 2015!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Soup, you're so kind to understand his anger. I know EXACTLY how he feels.

I recently read a report by the atty. genl. of my state on this issue and had NO idea how bad it REALLY is. Brokers ARE worse than scalpers because they have more coin. The report made my blood race and I almost threw my computer. Then my heart sank and I was in tears of frustration. I know I wll end up seeing them anyway. I should post the report here.

Unfortunately this will not change unless the public is more aware of what is happening and that the laws are antiquated as they pre-date the internet so the loopholes are HUGE. For instance, there are "state" laws but a brokerage "firm" has a P.O. in Jersey and sells all the great sporting/concert venue tickets to the stock brokers in NY for their clients' "perks."

Employees of the venues and ticket outlets are the worst. They are paid off very easily and take the prime tickets out of the "pool."

Unfortunately the artists also have very little incentive to change it (some are involved themselves--but I doubt Rush is) because they get a percentage of the gate attendance, not how much the tickets actually sold for and don't really have control over the scalpers/brokers.

Billy Joel apparently cancelled a tour because of this huge, illegal and lucrative practice because he said he wasn't going to play unless his FANS were in the seats.

My point? None. Except the one on my head. It IS frustrating. We have to get the laws changed, loopholes closed, and have the infractions that are already prosecuted go from misdemeanor to felony, etc. It IS possible to clean up alot of this.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Oh, and Phildogger and EndlesslyRocking...MY FAVE SONG TOO!!!! :D 8)

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Is it Ok to say you like Billy Joel on a Rush Site? OK I will go first. "Hi, My name is Bill and I like Billy Joel" funny you should mention him, I just bought his greatest hits. River of Dreams is my fave, however I digress...... How do you stop them? I thought that was all legal. It would be so cool to log into ticketmaster and be able to get great seats for face value.
Happy 2015!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Well, actually Billy Joel was mentioned specifically in the report but I own his greatest hits album too.... :oops: :wink:

TicketBASTARD!!!!

EndlesslyRocking

Soup4Rush wrote:Is it Ok to say you like Billy Joel on a Rush Site? OK I will go first. "Hi, My name is Bill and I like Billy Joel"
I like Billy Joel quite a bit.

:)
Phildogger

Post by Phildogger »

Thank you folks, for calming me down a bit. I'm sorry I went off like that. Sigh. As far as "Natural Science" there is no substitute. My Fav song of all. And Billy Joel is the Goods. Thanx again Y'all.
Tinkertoy Drummer

Post by Tinkertoy Drummer »

COLTS rock! I mean, just look at the flawless games they had this year. Too bad they had everything go wrong in Mass......they deserve that trophy and they've got the guys to get the job done. I'll be at the dome again next year for a couple games.....sweet venue!

Speaking of good Rush seats, what do I need to do to get as close as possible in Columbus? I'm signed up for the presale updates, and ours has yet to be announced. I do know our rock station (Qfm96.com) has their birthday bash in conjunction with the concert (they did this 2 yrs ago for the Vapor Trails show) and on their main page they state that tix are available to the public beginning Sat. March 20th. But am I to expect a rush.com presale before that?

It's gettin close to the 20th so I'm starting to sweat.....2 yrs ago I had to settle for a seat much further than I wanted since the station had some kind of early-bird sale (which didn't work when I tried to use it....Roadrunner didn't live up to its name that morning). Then by the time I ran next door to ticketmaster once the reg hours kicked in, I was beat out of anything close. Kroger seems to take an eternity. I must get in one of the 3 front sections, or tinkertoys will start flying! I'd ask the venue themselves but if no other place knows about presales I doubt Germain..er.....Polaris will.
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

So you are going Phil yes? I knew you would not miss it :wink: Cool Tinkertoy another Colts fan on this site YEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWW
although I wish they would tear that damn dome down and build an outdoor stadium. Which games did you go down for, I was there for the Carolina game and the playoff game when we kicked Denver's ass. BTW, don't talk to PV, she is a Pats fan :wink: Good luck on getting your tickets. The best I could do for the Indy show was left side lower 20 rows up. Any closer and I would be paying a broker :evil: blood money. I would have done it too if not for putting $800 bones into the family truckster last month. I have been trying to talk my better half into letting me go to the Columbus show too, but she said no. one is enough. After yesterday, I dont think I want to push it.
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I just scored three tix for the Seattle show!

$32.50 each! DOH!
Onward and Upward!