Led Zeppelin WITH OUT Plant???

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Should Led Zeppelin tour with out Robert Plant?

Hell yea! We'll take what we can get!
29%
Shuh! NO! Remember Paul Rodgers with Queen? wtf?
71%

Total votes: 7

PV
Site Admin

Led Zeppelin WITH OUT Plant???

Post by PV »

The radio station I listen to, and my favorite dj, Jaxon, have started a petition to block Led Zeppelin from touring without Robert Plant. I know it won't have any bearing but it might make some of the big Zep fans feel better? :cool:

Link to the petition http://www.petitiononline.com/Led610/petition.html

Link to WMMR (this station rocks!) www.wmmr.com
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

As a charter member of the Zep mafia, I hafta say that touring without Plant is alright. Truth is, Plant said so himself. My info is that he gave them his blessing, but not to expect him to go along for the ride. In my neighborhood, if the Zepfather says it's ok, it's ok.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Undecided
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Three votes, three DUDE, NO WAYs!

I am one of the three no's. I mean, I won't say they can't, but....well...Robert is a huge part of what made it Zep. Kinda like Dennis leaving Styx. Yeah, JY and Tommy sing, and very nicely, thank you, but the "main" voice and front man is really hard to replace. Then, there is the aspect of after all these years of not doing Zep because of the hole Bonzo left, starting up again without both him and Plant? :-(
Onward and Upward!
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

"Shuh! NO! Remember Paul Rodgers with Queen? wtf?"
Who could forget THAT? Just didn't seem right.
I also agree with an earlier comment about Styx. Dennis DeYoung does have the best voice in the group

Oh, Led Zeppelin, I honestly wouldn't care, seeing as how I think they suck.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Well to be honest, Jason fills his dad's shoes like no other drummer could. And the rumor or should I say one of the rumored possible singers is my home boy the singer for Alter Bridge MR. Miles Kennedy. He is a wicked singer and would NAIL the vocals.

Granted it would NOT be Robert Plant, but still.

Oh yeah, I'm still undecided.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I gotta give props to Jason, he does fit the drum need for Zep well, but, without Robert and Bonzo...

For me it might be different if they hadn't refused to be Zep for decades because of missing a member.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

awip2062 wrote:I gotta give props to Jason, he does fit the drum need for Zep well, but, without Robert and Bonzo...

For me it might be different if they hadn't refused to be Zep for decades because of missing a member.

Yeah, I feel that for sure.
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Raiden wrote:"Shuh! NO! Remember Paul Rodgers with Queen? wtf?"
Who could forget THAT? Just didn't seem right.
I also agree with an earlier comment about Styx. Dennis DeYoung does have the best voice in the group

Oh, Led Zeppelin, I honestly wouldn't care, seeing as how I think they suck.
I saw Styx two summers ago and I thought they rocked, but I have always liked Tommy Shaw.. however, to me.. Zep without Plant is just wrong, like the Doors without Morrison and perish the thought, can you imagine Rush without Geddy Lee's voice? It just does not work for me. You can replace a drummer or guitar player, but the voice is the trademark of the band.. IMHO
Happy 2015!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

I guess I'd rather just watch them in my memories and 1970s Hit Parader, Creem and Circus magazines, as well as the live footage, films and, of course, the music itself.

And as much as I love Yes, I won't be going to see them next month. Yes without Jon Anderson is not something I want to see or hear.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i ... placement/
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Soup4Rush wrote: can you imagine Rush without Geddy Lee's voice?
Some singers cannot be replaced and the band still be the same. Rush without Geddy would just plain suck assuming Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart could be convinced to work with someone else, which I highly doubt.
Thunder take you!