New on the Forum

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

DutchRush

New on the Forum

Post by DutchRush »

Hello Rushians ! My name is Tonny (male) and i'm a 38 year old Rush fan from the Netherlands. Never knew there were any meetingplaces at all for Rush fans from probably all over the world. I'm also very delighted with the world tour 2004 news...and i am still "anxiously" waiting for the extra tour announcements. I definetly hope that they will visit my country as well after the British shows ! There is quite a big follow up for Rush in my country as well, but apart from one radiostation (ArrowClassicRock) there isn't any airplay at all. On the other hand...like Neil would say..This is good development for avoiding all the hoopla :-)
Well...short but sweet, this was to introduce myself tou you all and I hope to get to know you all...
Favourite Rush songs, by the way are, By Tor, Losing it, Jacobs Ladder and from the new album, Secret Touch...
Many regards from Tonny/the Netherlands (i guess that's Tony in English..)
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Welcome to the boards Tony.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
DutchRush

Depends....

Post by DutchRush »

This depends on wether it's a rain forest i guess...then i suppose it will be a "wet window" :lol:
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Welcome in to the loony bin!!! :lol:
Brutal Truth

Post by Brutal Truth »

Welcome fella.
We Need Brains...and Socks
DutchRush

Thanks NeilPeart_Gal !

Post by DutchRush »

Really ? Who is he ? hahaha...thanx for the welcome ! i'll be around...
I might just have a little thing you'd like to know about Neil...
As you probably have read, i'm from The Netherlands...and in my language "Neil Peart" is pretty similar to "Nijl Paard"...
And a "Nijl Paard" in my language means Hippo, hahaha...many fans here refer to him that way..(no offence of coarse!). It's more ment like his AKA here in Holland. I remember the last time they were (1981 or 1982). In those days i was about 15/16 years of age and already a big Rush fan. This was a concert after realeasing th exit stage left live album.
After his "still famous" drumsolo..we all cheered, in our typical way of language pronouncing. Nijl Paard ! Nijl Paard ! Nijl Paard ! (wellyou know how it goes...) and he really seemed to like it then...wonder if he ever found out what it ment...and if he still remebers...
Personally, it would mean the world to me if they came to my country in September 2004...we'll see !
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

That is classic!!! I bet he loves it!!! :lol:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Hallo DutchRush!

Hoe is het?

That is almost all I know of Dutch, so don't think I can really speak it! lol!

Thanks for the info on Neil's name in Dutch. My family loves names and we will incorporate it into our conversations of him.

I see you are about my age. I saw Rush in '81 and I was 14 then, so we are not far apart in age.

Rush on!
Onward and Upward!
DutchRush

Hi there to awip 2062

Post by DutchRush »

Where did you get that name ? (awip2062)

Thanks for the welcome in Dutch.... Alles goed hier ! (all is well !)
Yep, indeed my age is 38 still..(March 14 i willl be 39).
And the first time i ever saw them performing live here in Rotterdam was really a happening...not only did i see my heroes...but further more i was also quite young...then a concert of this magnitude sure does leave a great impression !
I first heard Rush about 1975...when i was only ten..my older Brother and my uncle were both pretty much into the Beatles...so i grew up with them as well basicly...But in '75 a new neighbour friend had fly by night...and the first song i ever came across was By-Tor and the Snow Dog....I was sold ! Of coarse my brother, Uncle and especially my parents weren't all too pleased with my musical choice...haha...and now i'm, like i said, almost 39...and i'm very looking forward to the extra tourdates out here in Europe...Will i see my heroes again after more than 20 years ! Therefore, my mind goes back to the time i was 10....seeing them again will bring the child back to live in me :-)
And i will still be calling this funny cheer towards Neil...

Greeetings from the Netherlands... Tonny.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

My name comes from the drum instruction video Neil did, entitled A Work In Progress, and a date on the 2112 lp. It is when the Red Star Federation took control and the less fortunate gave us a few new moons. 2112 is my fav Rush lp, but 2112 is used so often, I wanted to use something different.
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Hey, welcome DutchRush! :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

welcoem to the party dutch
schuette

Post by schuette »

Welcome but I'll be here on and off for a wee bit yet :( ...having to go into bloody internet cafes the now but hope you have loads of fun ...the people here are a bunch of bastards but they're nice bastards :wink: :D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Bastards? Oy! It is great to hear Schufanity again! We miss ya, Mumsey!
Onward and Upward!
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Ach, wilkomen DutchRush. Ich kann kein Niederlaendisch, aber ich kann ein gutes Deutsch reden. Naja, aufwiedersehen....
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright