Vampire Lovers.....Twilight?

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Vampire Lovers.....Twilight?

Post by awip2062 »

Any of you vampires lovers out there seeing the movie Twilight, or read the book?

Seems like I can't pick up the paper here, or go through town, without hearing about it.

The line for the movie (opens at 0001 tomorrow) is HUGE and there's a KIRO 7 TV van on the 101 downtown reporting about the premire and the people camped out in their lawn chairs waiting to get in the theatre to see it.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I wanna see it, but I will most likely wait till DVD and Todd to buy it.
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

last movie based on teenage written or aimed book... argh. :razz:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Sir Myghin wrote:last movie based on teenage written or aimed book... argh. :razz:
I'll give "Twilight" the benefit-of-the-doubt for lots of profits at the theater
box office....

....but until they make a series out of it, IMHO "True Blood" rules the
Vampire demographic, fangs down! :-D
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I saw an article in the local paper today that a woman moved her family here to the peninsula due to the book! :shock:

Oh, and the reason there was such a big line at our theater and TV vans out there is because it was showing at the theater the main characters watched movies at in the book. Not having read the thing, I didn't know that. lol

I hear there are over 40 holds on the book at the library here.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Wow! That's pretty amazing t....

An I LOVE your new avi! :headbang:
Don't start none...won't be none.
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

I've never read the book. I'm more of a sookie stackhouse fan and I can't wait for the latest book in may. At work, we're having a secret santa and we wrote down some things on a wish list and one I requested was the first book of twilight. Someone saw that and offered to lend me her book so I said ok. She'll lend me each one as soon as I finish the current one I have. I'm just finishing book 4 (again) of Sookie Stackhouse called Dead to the World. As soon as I'm done, I'll find out what this Twilight is about.
I love my Welshman.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

My older daughter read the book and thought it was... okay. But not quite worth all the hype. When she saw the trailer for the movie she thought the acting looked so bad...
She's curious, but wants to wait until it's at the cheap theater to see it.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I think it's great to see the benefits it has brought to the town of Forks. I get to go to Forks every Monday on my route, and have developed some strong relationships with the locals. As far as it being a 2 stoplight town . . . there is really only one, the other is just a blinking yellow light, never red.
Some of the folks there have told me that when Forks grows so much that they need to have a second red, they're outta there!

I am concerned, however, about how this book series and now movie has taken over people's lives. Sure, entertainment is great, but c'mon. Are we, as a society, really THAT shallow?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

So this Twilight movie/book thinger is set in Forks????
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yeah. And a bit here in Port Angeles. At least the main characters come her for a date, from what I've heard. I haven't read it.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

Cool.....................*Remembers the filming of the movie Vision Quest filmed at my high school*

Also a pain in the butt.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Good times, Bro?
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

Well we got to have brekkers and lunch with the actors, and Todd and I are in one scene (It's the parking lot fight)

we made like $40.00 for the day, and the movie was alright.

It was cool for that, the extra buzz from the locations and rubbernecking people was the buzz kill.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

$40 bucks is $40, eh? :-D

Kinda interesting to see how it all comes together?
Onward and Upward!