Ihasahotdog

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Xanadu wrote:Man that sucks there's not parks around you...hmmm chows are great apartment dogs with less excersize than labs plus they're smaller, not known for jumping. Chows don't tear up stuff, they're super clean, easy to housebreak...dunno if you like them though.
We are looking at something like a Corgi (pembroke), a bit energetic but there are 2 of us and some good wilderness trails to walk, alongside its not too big. When I break it I want to have it use the washroom on the balcony, so that it is used to going outside and such when I get to a house, so yeah the whole being able to leap over the barricade would suck. it will need a lot of exercise as a work dog, the hair isn't too long, medium coat I think, does shed which is a bit of a downer, but you cannot have it all.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Welsh Corgi Pembroke, one adorable lil dog! :-D
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

awip2062 wrote:Welsh Corgi Pembroke, one adorable lil dog! :-D
hard to believe they are herding dogs eh? stand about 10-12" at withers, but are long.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

You will be posting pix of said goggie, correct? :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

No one will believe that he has one otherwise! :-D
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

For Myg...

Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Walkinghairball wrote:You will be posting pix of said goggie, correct? :-D
when we have one ,waiting on a few pieces of news.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Myg and the Lady are expecting!!!!!!!!!

:blob7:

Not to impose my conservative closed-minded values on you, Dweebers, but don't you think you should marry M now? ;-)
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

awip2062 wrote:Myg and the Lady are expecting!!!!!!!!!

:blob7:

Not to impose my conservative closed-minded values on you, Dweebers, but don't you think you should marry M now? ;-)
har har, if we were expecting I would have a lot less hair at the moment I thinks. More employment in the new year and such.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

SPLAT!!!! lol
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

This space for rent
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Sir Myghin wrote: We are looking at something like a Corgi (pembroke), a bit energetic but there are 2 of us and some good wilderness trails to walk, alongside its not too big. When I break it I want to have it use the washroom on the balcony, so that it is used to going outside and such when I get to a house, so yeah the whole being able to leap over the barricade would suck. it will need a lot of exercise as a work dog, the hair isn't too long, medium coat I think, does shed which is a bit of a downer, but you cannot have it all.
Ahh way cool! A corgi will be a lot of fun. They're a lot like blue heelers (aka aussie cattle dog) but w/ short legs. Have yuou ever heard of a Swedish Vallhund (sp)? Similar to the corgi...neat little dog I think they have less health problems. If fed a healthy diet they don't shed accept during the spring (or after being in season or whelping). My male shepherd only sheds in the spring (or if stressed or if its real hot in the summer). I feed him a 100% raw diet...you may want to look into that. I can attest to this too...I found it to SAVE money to feed raw. You save on vet bills because your dog is healthy and food because its more digestible so you feed less. If you're interested I can help you out w/ that. Its really easy to do not hard at all.
We're all mad here!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Sir Myghin wrote:
hard to believe they are herding dogs eh? stand about 10-12" at withers, but are long.

***SEMI-FAIL***

They are bred as varmint (critter) hunters too, eh.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

CygnusX1 wrote:
Sir Myghin wrote:

***SEMI-FAIL***

They are bred as varmint (critter) hunters too, eh.
still angsty over getting owned at longitude eh?
Xanadu wrote:Ahh way cool! A corgi will be a lot of fun. They're a lot like blue heelers (aka aussie cattle dog) but w/ short legs. Have yuou ever heard of a Swedish Vallhund (sp)? Similar to the corgi...neat little dog I think they have less health problems. If fed a healthy diet they don't shed accept during the spring (or after being in season or whelping). My male shepherd only sheds in the spring (or if stressed or if its real hot in the summer). I feed him a 100% raw diet...you may want to look into that. I can attest to this too...I found it to SAVE money to feed raw. You save on vet bills because your dog is healthy and food because its more digestible so you feed less. If you're interested I can help you out w/ that. Its really easy to do not hard at all.
I'll look into this raw diet stuff, never heard of that before. As for a Vallhund, sounds interesting, the problem is usually finding a breeder for things in the area. Lots of labs/beagles and such, beagles are great dogs in my experience too, but otherwise schnauzers are findable, lots of the hip dogs (pugs etc, the ugly ones) are available but a lot of gap around here.
we were looking into a texas heeler but no breeders in the area (IIRC they come out a bit smaller than the blue heeler) .