By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It Begins Again This Fall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Rush
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Walkinghairball



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Posts: 25118
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I like a well written song too. I can't see the point in making every song out there about rainbow monkeys and cotton candy. That would make me vomit.

Sometimes doom and gloom happens. I'm glad Rush wrote S&A as is.
_________________
This space for rent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EJLUVSRUSH



Joined: 24 Apr 2009
Posts: 267
Location: Spoooooookytown

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'm glad I'm not the only one with that opinion!

woo freakin' hoo!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ElfDude



Joined: 31 Dec 2003
Posts: 11084
Location: In the shadows of the everlasting hills

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walkinghairball wrote:
I can't see the point in making every song out there about rainbow monkeys and cotton candy.


I would never suggest Neil do such a thing. But he has written songs about really happy things and times in his life and they've been great. Earthshine springs to mind.
_________________
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Walkinghairball



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Posts: 25118
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElfDude wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:
I can't see the point in making every song out there about rainbow monkeys and cotton candy.


I would never suggest Neil do such a thing. But he has written songs about really happy things and times in his life and they've been great. Earthshine springs to mind.


I didn't mean to sound like you did.

You betcha!!

I think he has been a little......ok a lot more than a little gloomy on the last 3 albums, but thank Ged it's not gangsta rap or Death Metal lyrics.
_________________
This space for rent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
awip2062



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 25543

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walkinghairball wrote:
Hey I like a well written song too. I can't see the point in making every song out there about rainbow monkeys and cotton candy. That would make me vomit.

Sometimes doom and gloom happens. I'm glad Rush wrote S&A as is.


For me, the doom and gloom on S&A didn't speak what I feel, so that makes it harder for me to really really enjoy like I do other Rush albums. When it comes to doom and gloom, bands like Megadeth and Dio write lyrics that resonate within me. That's just me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Walkinghairball



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Posts: 25118
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That works absolutely.

Music touches everyone differently......................period.


I still hate Duran Duran though. Razz Razz
_________________
This space for rent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
awip2062



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 25543

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With you on that one! LOL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sir Myghin



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 9184
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walkinghairball wrote:
ElfDude wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:
I can't see the point in making every song out there about rainbow monkeys and cotton candy.


I would never suggest Neil do such a thing. But he has written songs about really happy things and times in his life and they've been great. Earthshine springs to mind.


I didn't mean to sound like you did.

You betcha!!

I think he has been a little......ok a lot more than a little gloomy on the last 3 albums, but thank Ged it's not gangsta rap or Death Metal lyrics.


rush gangsta rap would still own
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
EJLUVSRUSH



Joined: 24 Apr 2009
Posts: 267
Location: Spoooooookytown

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walkinghairball wrote:
Music touches everyone differently......................period.

I still hate Duran Duran though. Razz Razz


Did I miss something? Since when is Duran Duran considered music? yuck!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CygnusX1



Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 17336
Location: We don't call 911 here.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Myghin wrote:
rush gangsta rap would still own


I think I had enough of Rush rap in "Roll the Bones," but that's just me....
you dig? Rolling Eyes Laughing
_________________
Don't start none...won't be none.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soup4Rush



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 17561

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walkinghairball wrote:


I still hate Duran Duran though. Razz Razz



WHAT?????


*kicks Leon in the nuggets*

don't be hating bro!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Big Blue Owl



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 7469
Location: Somewhere between the darkness and the light

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"His name is Leon and he dances on the sand.
Just like that river twisting through a dusty land.
And when he shines he really shows you all he can
Oh Leon Leon dance across the Rio Grande."

Laughing
_________________
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ElfDude



Joined: 31 Dec 2003
Posts: 11084
Location: In the shadows of the everlasting hills

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJLUVSRUSH wrote:
And I'm glad I'm not the only one with that opinion!

woo freakin' hoo!


Of course not. I know I'm in the minority on this one.
_________________
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Walkinghairball



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Posts: 25118
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJLUVSRUSH wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:
Music touches everyone differently......................period.

I still hate Duran Duran though. Razz Razz


Did I miss something? Since when is Duran Duran considered music? yuck!


Uh I don't know what my brain told my fingers but I DO NOT recall typing that........................... Embarassed Laughing
_________________
This space for rent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Walkinghairball



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Posts: 25118
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soup4Rush wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:


I still hate Duran Duran though. Razz Razz



WHAT?????


*kicks Leon in the nuggets*

don't be hating bro!!




HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.................*MeRfPfh* *Falls on floor*
_________________
This space for rent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Rush All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group