I guess I"m supposed to introduce myself.

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

EJLUVSRUSH

I guess I"m supposed to introduce myself.

Post by EJLUVSRUSH »

So here goes. I"m EJ, and I LOVE RUSH. I also like wearing masks to conceal my idendity and prey on unsuspecting victims. They tend to be screaming girls for some reason.

No, serioiusly. I don't know what everybody wants to know, but i'm turning the big 4 0 this August, I live in Massachusetts with my beautiful wife and we are expecting our first child in September. I currently do not work as my position was "eliminated" after 11 years because of this wonderful economy. But i'm not gonna get too much into that cuz I don't want to be a bummer. But I will say it makes the prospect of having a baby even MORE scary. I'm 5'10", light brown hair, brown eyes, goatee i've had for...god...I can even remember how old I was when I grew it.... average build (not overweight) blah blah ...

I have been into RUSH in a big way ....no...make that a huge way, ever since I was 14 and was first introduced to them by a high school friend. I still remember sitting downstairs in his basement, drinking beer, playing darts, and listening to 2112. I read the story in the gatefold of the album while listening to this incredible music and was just blown away. My life would never be the same.

I have seen them roughly 80 times, maybe a little more. I have seen every tour since Grace Under Pressure multiple times, and no tour less than five times. I have alll the ticket stubs but have not really counted them all. I have however laminated them. Yes, i'm a geek. Some of the states I have seen them in are Massachusetts (multiple venues), Rhode Island (multiple venues), Connecticut (multiple venues), New Hampshire, California (multiple venues), New York (multiple venues), New Jersey, Virginia, and Pennsylvania (multiple venues). I have also seen them in Canada in Toronto, Quebec, Montreal and one or two others. Toronto was IN-SANE.

RUSH are the ONLY band I have ever seen live. EVER. It's really difficult to put into words, but once I was exposed to them I had no desire to see anyone else live and to this day that remains the case.

I have a RUSH collection of memorabilia including magazines, t-shirts, tour books, pins, some photos but not many, audio interviews, bootlegs (sorry Neil) etc etc etc.

In addition to RUSH I am a huge music fan in general and always have something on. But I typically will have SOMETHING of RUSH on at one point each day. I own more Cd's, DVD audios, etc that I can count, never mind the number of mp3's on my computer (again, sorry Neil). It sounds corny, but RUSH really IS the soundtrack of my life and a life without music is one I cannot imagine. I have a nifty little story about Time Stand Still, well, nifty to me anyway, that I can tell some time if anyone wants to hear it. But I must refrain right now as this is getting way too long already.

So, I enjoy music, reading, writing, computer-related stuff (i've bulit computers), working with my hands (project around the house etc) and movies. Also big Star Wars (original trilogy) fan and love the Lord of the Rings movies. I love gambling too, but alas don't do it very often. Not in a LOOOOONG time. I'm not a gambling addict or anything, I just have had to be more sensible with the old cashola. I used to rule at Blackjack.

I am currently working on a RUSH theme for my PS3. I don't know how good it's going to come out but once completed if anyone would like it I'd be glad to send you a file. When it will be finished I don't know. I can be really critical (of myself).

That's it, sorry for the book. If there was some specific info anyone was looking for that I didn't include let me know.
EJ
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

do you play any instruments?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

We need more drummers here............there are too many guitar players.

Oh and bass players too. :razz:
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Walkinghairball wrote:We need more drummers here............there are too many guitar players.

Yeah, we do need more bass players here, you are right.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Am currently working on the bass. Recently getted a new Ibanez . . .

. . . waiting to see where this gets me! lol
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

zepboy wrote:Am currently working on the bass. Recently getted a new Ibanez . . .

Awesome Zep, Ibanez make a great starter bass for an excellent price.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Sir Myghin wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:We need more drummers here............there are too many guitar players.

Oh yeah! BASS! Whooya!

Welcome, EJ, may you live long and perspire well here.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Sir Myghin wrote:

Not what I meant poser. :lol:
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Walkinghairball wrote:
Sir Myghin wrote:

Not what I meant poser. :lol:
Not what you meant, but unfortunately for you, it is what you wrote.
Walkinghairball

*pthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* :razz:
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Sir Myghin wrote:
zepboy wrote:Am currently working on the bass. Recently getted a new Ibanez . . .

I know, but I got a couple steps above a starter. Played a P for a while, but imho the Ibanez is a faster, smoother neck than the Fender. And for some reason, I prefer the fretting on the Ibanez.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

zepboy wrote:
Sir Myghin wrote:

I know, but I got a couple steps above a starter. Played a P for a while, but imho the Ibanez is a faster, smoother neck than the Fender. And for some reason, I prefer the fretting on the Ibanez.
Excellent. I personally find their bass necks a bit thin, my 5 is big and fat too, (about 3/4" thick with 1.75" at the nut 3" at the body, but carven assymetrically). I tend to get a bit of hand fatigue in the thumb mostly playing thin necks, happens on my DC (blue guitar) playing barre chords, not leads though.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

zepboy wrote:
Sir Myghin wrote:

Which Ibanez did you get? I like their necks too.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I got the GSR200. Not the best, but not the least. Active, which is something I could do without. I was looking at the kits they were dealing, but didn't want to go that low in quality. Shiny black with all silver hardware. I wound up building my own "kit," and also picked up a Fender Rumble 15w. I also made sure to get a cord that won't crap out if Eagle comes over and plays! lol I managed to talk they guy down $320 from buying everything separately. It helps when ya walk into the local music store armed with real value pricing . . . they want the business, they have to earn it!

Next step, do my homework on head and cabs.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Welcome EJ.

Everyone calls me Cyg or Siggy....or whatever they feel like when I'm not
online, and even when I am! LMAO

Only 40?

Shit man, life BEGINS at 40!

Youngins... :roll: :lol:

Congrats on the little crumbsnatchin' bambino on the way! That rocks.

I'm one of the old farts. Old-school Rush in the house, yo.

Seriously, welcome....and hope to see more from ya.
Don't start none...won't be none.