It Begins Again This Fall

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

It Begins Again This Fall

Post by awip2062 »

Alex Lifeson discusses the next Rush album in new interview
from Rush is a Band

Alex Lifeson says Rush won't make 'concept' album: Band set to record in the fall
In a recent interview at MusicRadar.com Alex Lifeson had a good bit to say about the next Rush studio album. Lerxst mentions that it will probably not be a concept album although they aren't opposed to it being a double CD, they may begin recording as early as the fall, and they will most likely work with Nick Raskulinecz again:
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Forget the Snakes and Arrows . . . I hope they go back to old style Rush. I'd be all over that like flies on a cow pie!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

zepboy wrote:Forget the Snakes and Arrows . . . I hope they go back to old style Rush. I'd be all over that like flies on a cow pie!
Nuts to that I've absolutely loved the last 2 albums, they took over the top of my list.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I am not impressed by the recent trend in prog rock, and definitely not the new age-ish lyrics.

I know the lyrics of 2112 were kinda out there (randish), but the music was balls to the walls and hard driving. I miss the old stuff.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

zepboy wrote:I am not impressed by the recent trend in prog rock, and definitely not the new age-ish lyrics.

I know the lyrics of 2112 were kinda out there (randish), but the music was balls to the walls and hard driving. I miss the old stuff.
I thought VP and S&A were a lot more driving than their 90's stuff. although I like that too, I like the change in sound, and frankly I don't care what they are singing about as long as it sounds good.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Sir Myghin wrote:
zepboy wrote:I am not impressed by the recent trend in prog rock, and definitely not the new age-ish lyrics.

I thought VP and S&A were a lot more driving than their 90's stuff. although I like that too, I like the change in sound, and frankly I don't care what they are singing about as long as it sounds good.

This just in: Rush to recite child poetry for all the lyrics on there upcoming release entitled.............."Did I just make a boo-boo."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I don't think so, not so much. :razz:
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

LOL

What a song says makes a difference to me. Songs that are the most special to me and the ones that touch me most are ones with lyrics that speak to my heart. There are songs I enjoy that I disagree with, however. I find it difficult to really get into a band whose lyrics don't do anything for me, even if the music is really good. I think that is why, as talented as they are, I've never gotten heavily into Van Halen.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

awip2062 wrote:LOL

What a song says makes a difference to me. Songs that are the most special to me and the ones that touch me most are ones with lyrics that speak to my heart. There are songs I enjoy that I disagree with, however. I find it difficult to really get into a band whose lyrics don't do anything for me, even if the music is really good. I think that is why, as talented as they are, I've never gotten heavily into Van Halen.
not a fan either, but still I do take lyrics with a grain of salt, but I like rushes regardless, even if I don't agree, from a poetic standpoint, he weaves words well.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Rush has more than enough songs I can get into fully for me to love them.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Walkinghairball wrote:This just in: Rush to recite child poetry for all the lyrics on there upcoming release entitled.............."Did I just make a boo-boo."

hahahaha! Classic, Hairy!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

PV wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:This just in: Rush to recite child poetry for all the lyrics on there upcoming release entitled.............."Did I just make a boo-boo."

hahahaha! Classic, Hairy!

Sanks kiddo. I have been trying to get out of the sad mood I have been in all day.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

TESTIFY!

Anyone not lucky (or old) enough to see a old-school 70's or early 80's
Rush show really missed out.

Imagine seeing them in a theater! THAT was special.

It can't be touched. That's something they should really consider
revisiting. They're not gettin' any younger, ya know.

They'd be the hottest ticket in town.
Don't start none...won't be none.
EJLUVSRUSH

Post by EJLUVSRUSH »

ok, first off, of course RUSH aren't going to do another concept album. RUSH have NEVER done a concept album. The belief that they have is a misnomer.

By defenition a concept album would carry an epic theme or "concept" throughout the entire album.

Can someone, ANYONE, tell me an epic RUSH album that carries a theme throughout the entire album? There isn't one.

Let's take 2112 for instance. It is true that on the original vinyl album one entire side was the story of 2112, but does Train To Bangcock have anyting to do with it? Hmmm? What about Something For Nothing or Tears? No, they don't.

Carress of Steel? No. Hemispheres? I don't know, does Circumstances have anything to do with greek gods? I think not.

The other thing I wanted to say is it never fails to amaze me how people who claim to "love" RUSH can find an album or song to slam. I have been into them for about 25 years now and can honestly say there is not one RUSH song or album I don't absolutely love. Some albums like Carress of Steel or Presto are not favorites of people who profess to be RUSH fans, but I don't know...in my world I fail to see how someone who is a fan of RUSH can possibly pan anything they have done. This includes "fancy dancer" and the like or some of their more recent work. And as far as thier live shows, I've seen them live in the neighborhood of 80 times and each and every show has been incredible.

Just had to get that off my chest.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

What about speed of love, I seriously cannot listen to that song :P

As for having a beef with the term concept album, albums sides were practically the album, or the highlight, making is close enough.

And you don't have to love everything someone does to be a fan, it is completely alright to not like some of it, for example, I never listen to the first album, ever, can't do it, rots my brain.
EJLUVSRUSH

Post by EJLUVSRUSH »

wow, really? I LOVE the first album. But of course I love ALL of their albums. And Yes, that includes The song Speed Of Love.

As far as it being ok to not like some stuff by someone one is a fan of, yes, popular thinking is that it's ok not to like EVERYTHING someone does.

But I could never speak negatively of a RUSH song. I can't even do it to site an example. I would feel like I have betrayed them to do so.