The Prof nabs a third award!

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Re: The Prof nabs a third award!

Post by Walkinghairball »

I can't open it. Dunno if the link is bunk or if it's PEBCAK!!!!!!! :roll: :-D
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Neil Peart's third consecutive victory as Drummer Of The Year in Enter Music Publishing's Drummies Awards is featured In DRUM! Magazine's August, 2009 issue.

Peart also won the Best Progressive Drummer award. Enter Music Publishing conducts The Drummies every year with voting open to anyone from February to May. This year 5,310 votes were cast in 41 drum/percussion categories ranging from Best Drummer to Best Drum Advertisement.

While Peart has successfully demonstrated his popularity in the last three Drummies, his margin of victory was less than in the last two years, according to Phil Hood, publisher and co-founder of DRUM! Magazine.

Runner-up Travis Barker gave Peart a serious run and had been the most frequent winner (three victories) prior to Peart's popularity.

Peart's Popularity is A Rush of Publicity

Peart's success, in part, results from his innovative, progressive approach to drumming, which is a hit with drummers in all demographics. Emails sent in from the Peart fan population indicate his following online and off.

According to publisher Phil Hood, "Peart's success probably stems from the resurgence of Rush's popularity over the same time period that he has won the Drummies. There's no doubt that Rush's hyperdrive back into mainstream success has propelled Peart to these victories."
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Travis Freakin Barker?!?!?!?!?!

He can't polish Neils cymbals.

Oh yeah...........he lived and got burned in the plane crash last year, but,.......................oh yeah, he has tattoos, and is actually kind of fast, but,......................oh yeah, he used to nail Shanna Molaker. :-D

Joey Jorgenson can smoke TB with his left foot alone. Why didn't he make the list????
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Travis Freakin Barker?!?!?!?!?!

Oh yeah...........he lived and got burned in the plane crash last year, but,.......................oh yeah, he has tattoos, and is actually kind of fast, but,......................oh yeah, he used to nail Shanna Molaker. :-D

Joey Jorgenson can smoke TB with his left foot alone. Why didn't he make the list????
Demographics- sounds to me like the demographics are skewed towards the 18-26 crowd therefore Travis Barker chalking up 3 wins.
Walkinghairball

YYZ30 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:Travis Freakin Barker?!?!?!?!?!

Demographics- sounds to me like the demographics are skewed towards the 18-26 crowd therefore Travis Barker chalking up 3 wins.

Joey still smokes TB. :-D
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

what I want to know is why Hairball is not on that list???
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball

Soup4Rush wrote:what I want to know is why Hairball is not on that list???
Cuz I'm a schmoe from Slowkane Wa. :-D
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

but badass on the skins my brutha!
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball

I'm just a brick in the wall, but thanks the same. :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

All in all just another brick in the By-torian wall?