By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time Machine Tour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
makhi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Time Machine Tour Reply with quote

The well known band Rush is sort of an enigma. The group is admired, adored and practically worshipped by fans but usually overlooked by critics. Still, its one of the most successful rock acts out there. Behind only the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, the band has the most successive gold and platinum albums ever. Following the band for over 30 years, Rush fans have been called the ?Trekkies of rock,? showing a enthusiastic dedication to Rush and its music. Critics, on the other hand, haven't always been so nice. Blender music magazine named drummer/songwriter Neil Peart the second-worst lyricist in rock history. And the band has not been selected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The group members can't quite explain the Rush phenomenon. A new celebration of all things Rush is the documentary ?Rush Beyond the Lighted Stage,? which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival and can be purchased on DVD and Blu-ray, or downloaded from iTunes. It features archival footage and interviews with the band and fans in an effort to document what makes the band such a hit. Canadian Rock band RUSH is now conquering America with their 2010 The Time Machine Tour! Being a HUGE Rush fan, the opportunity arose to see the legendary Progressive Rock band RUSH live in Las Vegas, Nevada last Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The show was nothing short of amazing.
The legendary band Rush fans , see the band tour after tour know not to expect many surprises. There will be expert playing, funny video segments and a long drum solo. There won't be covers, band interaction or extensive jam sessions. About the only variance is the set list and that can be easily checked online because the trio normally sticks to it night after night. But the current Time Machine jaunt is nothing less than a must-see because of two simple words. "Moving Pictures." Following a growing and welcome trend in the concert biz, Rush is playing its 1981 masterpiece all the way through for the first time. And those 40-plus minutes were nothing short of breathtaking through Friday's stop at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre south of Los Angeles. Canadian rock legends RUSH will perform at Estadio Nacional in Santiago, Chile on October 17 as part of the South American leg of the band's "Time Machine Tour".
The band?s guitarist Alex Lifeson currently spoke to Billboard.com about the recording process for the band's next album, "Clockwork Angels", which is due out in 2011. "We've never afforded ourselves the luxury of coming off tour and then going straight into the studio when you're in top playing form," Lifeson told Billboard.com. "We usually finish a tour and then we take some time off and we slowly get back into writing and then into the studio, recording. This time we'll go straight back into the studio and carry on recording and writing while we're still in top form from the road."According to Lifeson, RUSH is "a little more than halfway done" recording "Clockwork Angels" with producer Nick Raskulinecz, who also helmed 2007's "Snakes & Arrows". Two of the songs, "Caravan" and "BU2B", have been released online, four others were recorded during sessions at Blackbird Studios in Nashville. "Certainly these two songs are pretty heavy indications of where the record's going," Lifeson said, "but there are a lot of different tonalities and soundscapes on the material that we've written so far, so I'm interested to see where we go on these next few songs."Get your cheap rush tickets before they sold out.
Soup4Rush

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just picked up 3 tickets to the Pittsburg show on the 16th of September. Got em for face value and they are nosebleed but at least I did not sell my soul to the devil errrrrrrrr ticketbroker... Man, you guys are scum.. Twisted Evil How you sleep at night is beyond me... You sit behind a computer screen and buy up tickets at face value of $80 or so.. than turn around and sell them for 10X what you bought them for.. You did not create the music, all you did was make money off somebody else's hard work. I am still trying to figure out how what you do is even legal. much less moral...

What kills me is that the music industry rails against pirated music, how the hell is this any different???

Hey Mahki, Why don't you stay off this messageboard.. This is a place for true fans, not leaches like you who are too lazy to find honest work... Twisted Evil
Middle Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're going Soupy.
Saw the Mohegan show and have Boston coming up Tuesday night!

Soup4Rush

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking forward to it.. How is things out in your neck of the woods?
Middle Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going all right.
Working almost 40 hours/wk now, but still not full time.
Sigh.

Otherwise, looking forward to football!

YYZ30

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*pokes head up* Guess who just fell into two tix for tonight's show!?!?!?!?

THAT'S RIGHT BYATCH!!
Soup4Rush

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet ZED!!! Hope you have a good time.. I think MK is going to be there too.. You should hook it up with him.. We are up next on the 16th.. Thursday night..
YYZ30

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME AWESOME show. The boys were tight but loose, rocked the Garden for just a scad over three hours.

Sausage time.
Walkinghairball

Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all enjoyed it back in early August too.
CygnusX1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YYZ30 wrote:
AWESOME AWESOME show. The boys were tight but loose, rocked the Garden for just a scad over three hours.

Sausage time.

Glad you got to go, my brudda. Smile

You, like....gonna finish the rest of those sausages? Confused
Soup4Rush

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's sausages???? Shocked

Glad to hear you had a great time Zed! Cant wait for tomorrow night!
YYZ30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CygnusX1 wrote:
You, like....gonna finish the rest of those sausages? Confused

Soup4Rush wrote:
there's sausages???? Shocked

Remember - our boys have a sense of humor - I won't spoil it, but pay attention to (a) the first film they show and (b) the bottom of the rig on Geddy's side of the stage.
Soup4Rush

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we can see it... I have never been to this place but it looks like we may need oxygen due to the altitude!! Maybe I should have paid Lucifer (Mahki) his blood money for good seats.. Twisted Evil
Middle Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex's guitar blew during Far Cry, and was not fixed in time for La Villa - check out the hilarity when Ged and Neil started the intro before the repair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_mbYzM8axo

CygnusX1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middle Kingdom wrote:
Alex's guitar blew during Far Cry, and was not fixed in time for La Villa - check out the hilarity when Ged and Neil started the intro before the repair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_mbYzM8axo

And I thought that was Alex's La Villa "rant" all along! PERFECT! hahaha

Alex said "F--k Off" to somebody in the front row...wonder if someone
heckled him?

Alex also says something not good to Ged toward the end....can't
make it out.

Doesn't matter - It speaks volumes of their stage presence and ability to
overcome adversity. Younger bands could learn much from that.

Well done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Rush All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: