2010 in Review

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

2010 in Review

Post by awip2062 »

Okee, tiz the end of the year now. What memories are you taking from this year?
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Re: 2010 in Review

Post by Walkinghairball »

awip2062 wrote:Okee, tiz the end of the year now. What memories are you taking from this year?
Rush with friends, my first NFL game live in the stands and my team winning, reuniting with old friends...................and the sneeky wedding crashers. :-D
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

The losses of friends and loved ones in my life over the last year.

It's been a bumpy ride.
Don't start none...won't be none.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Lost my apartment to a fire . . . homeless, living in the church office for 7 weeks.

But . . . I guess we all need reminders once in a while that life is fragile, precious, and worth experiencing.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

My year has been quite full. I got married, and had a surprise visit from some By-torians to boot for the event! All four of my kids were back under one roof then too whoo-hoo! :-D
Bear went off to war and returned home safe, sound, and sane on Independence Day making that the bestest 4th ever!
I saw the H in June while she was on tour selling merch for Primal Fear and got to meet both PF and this awesome young American band, Havok. Got to see Megadeth and that hoser Canuck band, Rush, too. Rush was on the one week anniversary of my wedding and I got to see the Hairballs again and I found out after the show my brother-in-law went to see the boys as well lol
I became a gramma just prior to getting married when one of my new daughters had her first child - a little girl.
Dove ran cross-country and won every single race the whole season, and easily to boot.

And then there was the day the week of my birthday when I walked in to my dad's house to find his body cold and lifeless in his bed, with two very upset dogs keeping watch. Thankfully that was the one major bummer of the year.

All in all, a big year!
Onward and Upward!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

What am I taking from 2010? The fact that no matter how far down and out you are there is always hope, and you can rebound from whatever life may throw at you.

Also, this was the year I quit smoking. 40 days now :cool:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Sounds like all in all a good year. :D
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

YYZ30 wrote:What am I taking from 2010? The fact that no matter how far down and out you are there is always hope, and you can rebound from whatever life may throw at you.

Good work, just think of all the toys the smoking money buys :P (not as much there as in Canada I suppose)
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Sir Myghin wrote: Good work, just think of all the toys the smoking money buys :P (not as much there as in Canada I suppose)
Thank you! Haven't quite thought about buying toys yet...
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

YYZ30 wrote:
Sir Myghin wrote: Good work, just think of all the toys the smoking money buys :P (not as much there as in Canada I suppose)
Thank you! Haven't quite thought about buying toys yet...
Did I tell you thast in the first month of no cigs I MADE 50 dollars???

In month 2 of no smoking cigs I bought a 32" flat screen tv and didn't even feel guilty for spending money.

Kris, it feels good to spend $$$ on other than smokes...................enjoy!!!
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Sir Myghin wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:What am I taking from 2010? The fact that no matter how far down and out you are there is always hope, and you can rebound from whatever life may throw at you.

Good work, just think of all the toys the smoking money buys :P (not as much there as in Canada I suppose)
How much is a pack up there, Dweebers?
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

awip2062 wrote:
Sir Myghin wrote:

How much is a pack up there, Dweebers?
Not smoking I don't know 10-11$ last I heard though.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

That is more than here for sure. Ours run $7 or so unless you go with the ickies cheap ones.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

$4.50/pack here and climbing, and I don't miss 'em a bit.

Hi t! Happy New Year from Joeyville! :-D

May you and your family be truly blessed and highly favored this year.

Lord knows we ALL need that these days, right?

((((((t))))))
Don't start none...won't be none.