My Year in a nutshell

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

My Year in a nutshell

Post by Sir Myghin »

so I have been derelict for a while now, as I have been known to do I suppose. Here is the major points of my year, aside from another older and one day closer to death..

April: Bought Megan a nice and shiny engagement ring
May: Started my masters
June: bought a Mesa Mark V
July: Saw Rush, Iron Maiden (with dream theatre opening) and got older
August: Orderred a G&L ASAT special from G&L with some choice options
September: had my courses begin (so research slowed down, which has been going since May, currently working more on it)
October: Had said ASAT special arrive about 40 days early at the G&L dealer, beauty
Nov: meh
Dec: currently studying to write a take home exam this weekend and an exam monday. Joe satriani is playing tomorrow nights and I just so happen to have tickets. I am current waiting on UPS to deliver a special pickguard I had made for my ASAT and dang, are they ever slow.

So yeah work work work, work work, and then work a little more. Research is not all it is cut out to be, so I try to keep myself sane by making sure I get to play a lot of guitar.

Cheers Folks,
Kyle
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Welcome back.
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Good to see you Leon.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

You have been busy. All I've been doing is working, playing, and learning how to keep Scooter on track with her Diabetes. Oh and a few road trips for gigs, weddings, football games.........stuff like that.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Welcome back Myg, and enjoy the Satch show. \m/
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

it is good to "see" you again, Myg :)

I must say I enjoy the wife's FB updates on the baby! :-D
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Walkinghairball wrote:You have been busy. All I've been doing is working, playing, and learning how to keep Scooter on track with her Diabetes. Oh and a few road trips for gigs, weddings, football games.........stuff like that.
Dang, man, that is harsh. I am sure you guys are keeping on top of it, did the whole medicare bill thing end up helping you out then?

Work is play is all I get to do too, if only the playing could rival the working for time. Still without a band and have had absolutely no time to compose since this summer, and even that was rush.

As far as the 'baby' goes, we have the behaviourist coming in again this weekend to get the next step in motion, he has fear issues we are still working on, and he doesnt cower from them he acts dominant instead.

Cyg, I am sure I will, considering UPS broke my pickguard (bent it up) that is about all the good this week is getting.

They busted this work of art I had commissioned, we are currently waiting on UPS to see how we proceed.
Walkinghairball

Obama care don't mean squat in my life............I have really good insurance for myself and kiddo. Marn has good insurance too. Her week in the hospital didn't hit us hard at all. We were lucky. The bill was big too.

On to your UPS woes............they are next to impossible to file claim against. Their most popular excuse is.................."Insufficient packing."

I deal with them azzholes alla time. Good luck on the piece.
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Walkinghairball wrote:Obama care don't mean squat in my life............I have really good insurance for myself and kiddo. Marn has good insurance too. Her week in the hospital didn't hit us hard at all. We were lucky. The bill was big too.

On to your UPS woes............they are next to impossible to file claim against. Their most popular excuse is.................."Insufficient packing."

I deal with them azzholes alla time. Good luck on the piece.
So I have heard, and if the claim is accepted I need my brokerage included on it to get it back, if denied I have to fight them for brokerage again. They bend a like 7/64th thick piece of aluminum though. This thing is pretty thick. As this was in a bubble envelope and wrapped in tissue I know they will claim that. But really that hunk of metal got bent, not without supreme abuse.

Glad you have good insurance though.