Aw man...

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Aw man...

Post by ElfDude »

My house flooded yesterday evening. Long story about a frozen kitchen pipe. Most of the main floor soaked... seeped through and rained on everything in the basement. It's such a horrible mess in here.

The Carvin guitars were safe standing in my bedroom in their cases... just the very bottom of the cases got a little bit wet. The Carvin amps, the PA, all the keyboards... they all got rained on really good down in the basement. All the non-Carvin instruments (we have a ton between me and my daughters) all seem to have survived. Some of their cases may have to be written off though.

I have a professional cleanup team working here. They have a big storage "box" in my front yard and they're hauling everything out in to it. Everything except the stuff that got soaked. They'll be taking that to their facility and drying out it, laundering it, etc.

It's such a horrible mess in here.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

:(

That stinks! At least your Carvin guitars and some of the other gear is okay. Do you have homeowners insurance or do you have to buy everything again out-of-pocket?
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Oh man, horrible news. Hopes for the best.
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Oh man, horrible news. Hopes for the best.
Seconded.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Thanks, guys.
awip2062 wrote: Do you have homeowners insurance or do you have to buy everything again out-of-pocket?
I am insured. The guy I spoke to over the phone at about 1:00 AM Sunday morning said I was covered and I had done the right thing by calling the didaster cleanup company I called. He said I just needed to get out of their way and let them do their jobs. I just hope the insurance company doesn't change their minds.

I popped by the house this morning after dropping my daughter off at school. I'm glad I did. Almost everything had been cleared away where it had been soaking on the floor (I have a big storage unit in my front yard now where all the dry stuff went so the floors could be clear for drying and all the wet stuff has been hauled away to a facility for drying, laundering, etc.). The floor looked dry. A big dehumidifier was running in the kitchen. The haunting scene from Saturday night that lingers in my mind can be replaced with that scene. Things are being taken care of. Today they will be spraying the stuff to prevent mold and mildew. I'm not sure, but it looks to me like my girls might be able to start spending the night there again in a couple of days. It's a terrible inconvenience, but I feel much more assured today that we'll get through this okay.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

As long as it didn't catch fir.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Glad it is working itself out Elf. What a horrible experience. Hopefully your losses will be minimal.
Happy 2015!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Any updates Elf? Still rolling along smoothly?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I'm in the house now. All the fans are out and the kitchen floor has been torn out. It's eerily quiet after a week of all the noisy industrial fans.
Nice to see progress being made.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Still no fun..........Water damage is sucky.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Too bad the fans weren't rabid fans of your band instead, eh? :-D
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Just now catching this Elf, and I'm sorry it happened, but glad things are
coming back together.

My house wasn't built/insulated for single digit or sub zero temps, so we
let our faucets trickle and open cabinet doors under the sinks when the
temps dive REALLY low.

That might help in the future if you don't practice it already.
Don't start none...won't be none.