Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

you are pretty funny t.. got your text.. I am good but I aint that good@!!! :-D
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Hmmmmm...and just how do you plan to prove it?
Onward and Upward!
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

SoupDaddy!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

See? Out of the mouth of babes, eh? LOL
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

aw hell.... :-D
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ya just can't win, can ya? :-D
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

not lately anyway... :-)
Happy 2015!
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

SoupDaddy, can we stop for icecream on the way home? I want a sunday!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Do you know that they are called Sundaes cuz in this one town it was illegal to sell floats on Sunday so the soda jerks (like yer dear Gramps, my H) startde making sunades to sell instead?
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

OK, now that's a cool story. I often wondered at the weird spelling.

Gotta love Washington State! Is that a story story or a Washington State story? My fam is from Bremerton and will soon have a navy plaque installed for their service. I'll post a pic when I can. I mean if it's OK. I know so many on this board and their families have served.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Aerosmitten wrote:SoupDaddy, can we stop for icecream on the way home? I want a sunday!
you have to eat your green beans first my dear.
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Kares4Rush wrote:OK, now that's a cool story. I often wondered at the weird spelling.

Gotta love Washington State! Is that a story story or a Washington State story? My fam is from Bremerton and will soon have a navy plaque installed for their service. I'll post a pic when I can. I mean if it's OK. I know so many on this board and their families have served.
I heard the story on one of those food shows. this one featured icey creams. I think the town was in the midwest although H's gramps, who was from Port Townsend, was a soda jerk when he lived in Los Angeles.

We are going to be in Bremerton this weekend! :-) Dove has a tournament there. Where will be the plaque be displayed? I may have to go see it and ged more photos for you!

OF COURSE it is okay to put a pic here! We love photos and Hairy won't believe something happened without a photo lol
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

PICTURES OR IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

See?!??!!! :-D
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Oy. I just tried to download it on photobucket but it is still only a PDF. I'm sorry. It won't host it.

My great grandfather was mayor of Bremerton and his son and three girls were the first in the navy (my Grandmother and her sisters Betty and Frances and my great uncle Sunny (Shyne)) in WWI. Michael Frances McGowan came from Ireland as a carpenter at 19 years old and became a "finished" carpenter in this country and later an architect. He did the finished carpentry on the woodwork of our capital in New York in Albany and I marveled when my Dad showed me (I told you we were New Yorkers although my Dad says Washington or Chicago). He designed the navy ship yard in Bremerton.

My father was in the army in WWII and had an "outscape" part in the Battle of the Bulge but he went in the army as his Dad did and on the income became a vascular surgeon and eventually became chief of vascular surgery in New York Medical College. His brother did the Navy like on his Mom's side but went through denistry instead.

I know we all have these stories of service.

I will show the picture when it is up and hope to fly out and see it for real. Thank you for your interest. :)

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...