R.I.P Spartacus

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

R.I.P Spartacus

Post by Walkinghairball »

This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Majorly. :???:

Cancer SUCKS. :x
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Wow, 39! Man, this cancer stuff has got to end! :x
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Just a little something I know...

Cancer causes: metabolically inappropriate diet (not politically incorrect), lack of exercise, chronic stress, carcinogens...all must die. Cancer sucks, so does diabetes II, heart disease, autoimmune disorders...etc. They all come from the same place.

Genetic diseases suck even more like diabetes I ((((M, L & Scoot)))), bipolar disorders, down syndrome, cicle cell anemia...etc. Even these can improve with lifestyle and dietary changes...a regular exercise routine has noticeably improved my life. Changing my focus to staying physically healthy has helped me stay mentally healthy (relatively, that's what matters).

Dogs also help us stay healthy I must add. :-)
We're all mad here!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

In a way very true. But, with Type 1........impossible to say it's dietary at all. My case.........................when an infant or toddler gets Diabetes, no way it's due to dietary or the FDA has hell to pay. Similac and Gerber can't be doing this to our children.

Most really little kids show no recognizable signs of Diabetes at all. Well signs that anyone sees. Even a simple blood glucose check at a "Well child" visit can't be that expensive, but they are not done as protocol.

You almost need a kid to go into Diabetic Coma firts to find it. Bullshit I say. In our case it was super high, but that is still why they should make it standard proceedure.

Now in my and Marns case, yeah, we are both elevated and at risk for Type 2, something we need to address and fix for sure.
This space for rent
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

I think this is a slight misunderstanding.

That's what I was saying Hairy, type1 diabetes's a genetic disease like mine. Diet didn't make me bipolar, in fact I was born that way (it runs in the family), other people's BP onset is triggered by a traumatic event or something...mine triggered early because I almost died when I was born, I was born c-section, my mom was dying. I just know that changing my diet and lifestyle has helped me stay well (relatively). Relatively is a lot to me! So just because its genetic don't think things you do won't help...it may help a lot.

That's quite scarey how Scoot was ok then all of the sudden :shock: I'm so glad she's ok...I remember reading that post on here...I was like WTF? I think doctor's should always ask about a glucose test esp if there is any family history. Yet they don't.
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

As a parent of children at risk for diabetes I am thinking maybe I should tell the doctor to check my kids' sugars when we have physicals. I have tried to get Dove to let me check hers at home but she won't. Wants to be a big tough Marine but won't let me stick her! LOL

Diet can be such a huge factor in our lives that I am making small lifestyle changes there which I know will end up being huge changes in the long run. I also see the need tomake other lifestyle cha ges like more exercise and more sleep!
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

Xanadu wrote:I think this is a slight misunderstanding.

That's what I was saying Hairy, type1 diabetes's a genetic disease like mine. Diet didn't make me bipolar, in fact I was born that way (it runs in the family), other people's BP onset is triggered by a traumatic event or something...mine triggered early because I almost died when I was born, I was born c-section, my mom was dying. I just know that changing my diet and lifestyle has helped me stay well (relatively). Relatively is a lot to me! So just because its genetic don't think things you do won't help...it may help a lot.

That's quite scarey how Scoot was ok then all of the sudden :shock: I'm so glad she's ok...I remember reading that post on here...I was like WTF? I think doctor's should always ask about a glucose test esp if there is any family history. Yet they don't.
Just so you know Xanny, I was ok with what you said, no foul. :-) I just put in my pennies. Yeah, I think all that stuff needs to be checked regardless of the costs.

t, if you even think it's possible that Dove might be, stick her while she is sleeping. It might piss her off, but peace of mind is better than what if.
This space for rent
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

:-) Ok good, I had to be sure I sounded like what I meant. My uncle had type 1 diabetes but he didn't do what the doc said...I wish he did.

As for Dove...yeah....get her in her sleep :twisted: Its for her own good. I wonder if the marines will check her. :twisted:
We're all mad here!
Walkinghairball

Xanadu wrote::-) Ok good, I had to be sure I sounded like what I meant. My uncle had type 1 diabetes but he didn't do what the doc said...I wish he did.

As for Dove...yeah....get her in her sleep :twisted: Its for her own good. I wonder if the marines will check her. :twisted:

Any service it's an instant "NO GO."

That would be crushing if that is truly where Dovies heart is. :(
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I don't think Dove is but she is high risk and at times I don't know if she is just pushing herself too hard or if there is something else going on. Today she has a physical for ROTC, though, and I am going to tell her doctor I want that test done. Next time E goes in, same thing.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

awip2062 wrote:I don't think Dove is but she is high risk and at times I don't know if she is just pushing herself too hard or if there is something else going on. Today she has a physical for ROTC, though, and I am going to tell her doctor I want that test done. Next time E goes in, same thing.

Good deal. Peace of mind, even if it's not what you want to find out.

*HUGS*
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

She got the test done, the fasting one, and now we wait for results.
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

And?
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh, sorry, forgot to update. She had normal sugars which is what I expected. I just wanted to make sure with the family history and how silent it can be.
Onward and Upward!