Hockey

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Och! My Devils couldn't beat the Blackhawks! :shock: I'll take the tie and the points on the Flyers, who thankfully lost tonight. :D

I was listening to the Devils game online and toward the end of the 3rd period, you could hear the arena "noise" in the background while the announcers were talking about what to look for in overtime. All of a sudden over the arena PA, what comes cranking out? The opening riffs of Working Man! 8) Nice job, Chicago!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Merry Christmas everyone! 8)

I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

PV wrote:Merry Christmas everyone! 8)

I hear a tune coming on, its an oldie for all you oldies Sing with me here folks! we're all gonna sing along to dream on :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

there will be no such thing this year
AnalogK

Post by AnalogK »

Don't you know my REDWINGS will Win Lord Stanleys Cup in 2,004 8)
Rush on! AnalogK....aka "The Count"

neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

I am slow on the uptake, never knew there was a hockey thread!! LOL

Predators season ticket holder, 3rd year in a row. LOVE my Preds!! Yes I know we're young and have a lot to learn, but we're doing better!!

Oh and we beat the Dead Wings....er RED Wings...last weekend. :)
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Just remember when I don't say, "I told you so" when the Av's are hoisting the Cup this season, I could say it. :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

bah ottawa's gonna take teh cup just cause the are running of the rage of losing to the demons last year
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Ottawa has a hockey team? :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
AnalogK

Post by AnalogK »

CuJo will Lead the Wings to the Promised Land and will Hoist the CUP Proudly 8)

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

AnalogK wrote:CuJo will Lead the Wings to the Promised Land and will Hoist the CUP Proudly 8)
Ah, the Dead Wings and their goalies. Didn't they send ole Curtis to the minors while they try to pawn him (and his contract) off on someone else...All the while paying way too much for the crybaby Hasek? :twisted:
AnalogK

Post by AnalogK »

As long as the DOMINATOR is Ready for the Long Playoff Grind, the Wings should Prevail :wink:

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

He decided to come back when he heard Roy retired....thought people would look at him....however, since he's not even in the top ten of any goalie stat (prehaps maybe diving), we're only laughing at him. :twisted:
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

So who IS leading those lists, By-tor? 8) MarTAN BroDEUR perhaps? :D Maybe not all but enough of them!

I'm just excited cuz my husband got me a Langenbrunner jersey for Christmas. 8) Now Jamie just needs to recover from surgery and get back on the ice in time for the game I'll be attending in January against the Canadiens. Going to wear my new New Jersey jersey! :D
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

PV wrote:So who IS leading those lists, By-tor? 8) MarTAN BroDEUR perhaps? :D Maybe not all but enough of them!
He's leading in one stat, wins (18 ). Aebischer was leading that stat two weeks ago, but the Av's have gone on a 6 game non-winning streak (even though Aebischer's GAA in those six games is 1.00). Marty is second in GAA (1.62), and Aebischer is 10th (2.07). Save percentage has Brodeur at 3rd (.931), and Aebischer at 6th (.927).

I usually discount wins and to some extent, GAA because they have to do with the team as a whole. Aebischer's hasn't gotten a win in 6 games even with only giving up 1 goal in each of those games...the Av's just aren't scoring right now. Not taking anything away from Brodeur, cause he is a great goalie, just that his 1.62 GAA has a bit to do with the Devils playing the trap. Save % is a good measure of the individual goalie (just for the record, Hasek is 32nd on the list at .907 :twisted: )
Last edited by by-tor on Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.