Hockey

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

I'm the first to admit we've been at the bottom of the barrel for years, and believe me, no one has been more frustrated by it than me (a season ticket holder).

But log on to NHL.com today and who is in 7th place in the Western Conference? And who beat the Stanley Cup champions on Saturday night?? Why that would be NASHVILLE!!!

I'm not saying we're the king s***. We're an expansion team for cry eye! But not all franchises have been around since God was a child. Does that mean those teams aren't worth having fans?

You might also want to ask your friend Fartuzzi about Nashville. Maybe he'll have some recollection of breaking a guy's nose while here.

Oh wait! That would require him to have a BRAIN and a CONSCIENCE! What was I thinking?? ;) :lol:
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

See, now y'all did it. Gave my wife a reason to register on here. That's it. Fun times are over now. Might as well close down the boards. :twisted:

Did y'all know that she's a Canadian who DOESN'T like Rush?!?!?!?! :shock:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Hey, I have no problem with her liking the Canucks. I say support your team, girl!

BUT I will always despise Fartuzzi, plain and simple. I'm sure if someone sucker punched him (or another of her fave players), she'd be just as ticked.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

neilpeart_gal wrote:Oh and not to rub it in at all, but the Preds beat the Devils on Sat night!!!!
WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay... read on... :?
neilpeart_gal wrote:And who beat the Stanley Cup champions on Saturday night?? Why that would be NASHVILLE!!!
Okay... read up... :?

Thanks a lot, NPG. And I was such a gracious loser! :( :wink:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Well babe, I was planning only one 'gloat' comment, but when the validity of the Preds as a franchise was questioned, I got slap happy and stuck in another one. Sorry. :roll:

I had to stop watching our beloved franchise last night as our goalie pulled a BONEHEAD vs. Detroit. I was so freaking pissed, I almost broke a glass. He has a penchant for wandering out of the net, which always makes me edgy anyway...but then he proceeded to FIGHT their forward FOR THE PUCK :twisted: and made it back in goal just in time for them to score. I was and remain livid.

And this is a team that we've BEATEN 3 times this year, then we lose to them last night 6-0. I mean ???????!!! :evil: This is a loss we EARNED. Nice, eh?

In case any of you wondered what its like to be a fan of an expansion team, there you go. Incredible highs followed by angry and wrenching lows.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

neilpeart_gal wrote:Well babe, I was planning only one 'gloat' comment, but when the validity of the Preds as a franchise was questioned, I got slap happy and stuck in another one. Sorry. :roll:
Okay, NPG... I'll let it go this once, ONCE! :wink:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Darbie

Post by Darbie »

neilpeart_gal wrote:Hey, I have no problem with her liking the Canucks. I say support your team, girl!

BUT I will always despise Fartuzzi, plain and simple. I'm sure if someone sucker punched him (or another of her fave players), she'd be just as ticked.
Sucker punching and just plain meanness are part of the game, it's why we watch and it's what makes it the coolest game on earth. Sure you get ticked, but then one of your own players does it to someone on their team, and it's all good. Plus, if players didn't get filthy once in awhile, what would we have to talk about? One of the "sisters" (Sedin twins) got cross checked in the head not too long ago, much blood and mayhem ensued, we all bitched and moved along. That's just hockey, I love it!
Go 'nucks!!
Darbie

Post by Darbie »

by-tor wrote:See, now y'all did it. Gave my wife a reason to register on here. That's it. Fun times are over now. Might as well close down the boards. :twisted:

Did y'all know that she's a Canadian who DOESN'T like Rush?!?!?!?! :shock:
Shut yer melon, I like some of their stuff. I just don't like the super high voiced Geddy songs. I simply cannot bear the sound of him sounding like his testicles are caught in a vice.
Go 'nucks!!
Darbie

Post by Darbie »

Plus, he doesn't like hockey, therefore his status as a Canadian is suspect. :evil:
Go 'nucks!!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Darbie wrote:Plus, he doesn't like hockey, therefore his status as a Canadian is suspect. :evil:
Suspect? He is Order of Canada. You're a carpetbagger. So who's suspect, hmmmmm?

Anyone, anyone....Bueler?

Now, get off of my domain and go cook my damn dinner.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Darbie wrote:
Sucker punching and just plain meanness are part of the game, it's why we watch and it's what makes it the coolest game on earth. Sure you get ticked, but then one of your own players does it to someone on their team, and it's all good. Plus, if players didn't get filthy once in awhile, what would we have to talk about? One of the "sisters" (Sedin twins) got cross checked in the head not too long ago, much blood and mayhem ensued, we all bitched and moved along. That's just hockey, I love it!
Honestly, I would be VERY ticked off if I saw any of our players do that to someone. And if coach stood for it and didn't sit the dude for at least a game, I'd have to question why I like the team so much.

I love the game, too, because its hard hitting and rough, but I guess I don't consider sucker punches and the like a part of the game that I want to embrace. But that's just me!

Plus add to the fact that I hold on to grudges like grim death. :lol:

After our last 2 road games, I'm beginning to wonder why I'm such a fan. They played like a bunch of G** d*** amateurs.

And By-tor, you're mean!! Cook your own damn dinner!!!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

neilpeart_gal wrote:After our last 2 road games, I'm beginning to wonder why I'm such a fan. They played like a bunch of G** d*** amateurs.
And it ain't getting any better....Just look who you have to play tomorrow. :twisted:
neilpeart_gal wrote:And By-tor, you're mean!! Cook your own damn dinner!!!

She's a Canadian. You're supposed to treat them that way. :twisted:
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Believe me, I know!! I told my friends we'll be lucky if it doesn't end up 12-2 Avs. :lol:

Not just cuz you guys are good, but we have injuries all over the place. Half of our guys playing are from our minors team!! OUCH.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

neilpeart_gal wrote:Believe me, I know!! I told my friends we'll be lucky if it doesn't end up 12-2 Avs. :lol:
Looks like the Av's decided to go easy on you. Course, when Karyia put that puck in with seconds left, I thought for sure we'd take it in OT.
Amarok

Post by Amarok »

Looks like all my fav's teams gonna get a slap right in the face this season.
First the Giants on Football,
now the Blue Jackets.