The Ballad of John and Yoko
No votes
Something
No votes
Here Comes the Sun
No votes
Come Together
8%
With a Little Help from My Friends (Xanny, ya out there?)
No votes
Other...(please elaborate)
54%

Total votes: 13

KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Beatles...

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

On a bit of a Beatles kick lately ("Get back, get back, get back to where you once belonged...)

Yeah, like the above question is even possible to answer...and yes, I recognize the list is a bit heavy on their later work, but I am a bit partial and I composed the poll. :P

By the way, here's a thought...The Who has lost a drummer and bassist, while the Beatles have lost two guitarists and a vocalist...what if the remaining members of the Beatles and the Who got together for a couple of shows? That would be pretty cool! Just make sure Roger Daltry's mic is mixed well for those ensemble parts.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I went with The Long and Winding Road... Because I felt like it!
Unit One

Post by Unit One »

I chose "other"

My favorite is the: Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End medley from Abbey Road.

BTW, did you ever see the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band movie?
Memory banks unloading
Bytes break into bits
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

Dunno about favouritest, but I can think of 3 that aren't in the poll list, but which are (imo :P ) better than most of the sings that are in the list:

* Yesterday
* Ticket To Ride
* While My Guitar Gently Weeps
wcp

Post by wcp »

i picked "other" cause i like Revolution

and on a side note:
By the way, here's a thought...The Who has lost a drummer and bassist, while the Beatles have lost two guitarists and a vocalist...what if the remaining members of the Beatles and the Who got together for a couple of shows? That would be pretty cool! Just make sure Roger Daltry's mic is mixed well for those ensemble parts.
technically right now the Who have some Beatles in them. Their newest drummer Zach Starkie is Ringo's son. and man can he play so they have a child of the beatles playing for them, that's pretty close ehh?
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

beatles PFFFFT, they sounds like cats getting hit by lawn mowers
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Devil's Advocate wrote:D
* While My Guitar Gently Weeps
I love this song...but isn't this a solo George Harrison song?

I thought of one I forgot as well..."Day Tripper"...and my wife pointed out that "Tax Man" is not on the list...and I made no claim for comprehensiveness :P :P :P :wink:
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
KaelMwithascrubbrush

wcp wrote: technically right now the Who have some Beatles in them. Their newest drummer Zach Starkie is Ringo's son. and man can he play so they have a child of the beatles playing for them, that's pretty close ehh?
Yeah, I heard he's quite a good drummer...I even recall someone claiming he blows his daddy out of the water.... I dunno. Haven't heard him.

Oh and Myghin, I'll conveniently ignore your comment :evil:
-Steven Wright
Medinaquirin

Post by Medinaquirin »

Unit One wrote:I chose "other"

My favorite is the: Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End medley from Abbey Road.

BTW, did you ever see the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band movie?
Lordy, I used to love that movie, lol. I still dunno why. :roll:

I haven't voted yet, 'cause I can't decide. :?
~Time is a spiral, space is a curve
I know you get dizzy but try not to lose your nerve
~
wcp

Post by wcp »

Yeah, I heard he's quite a good drummer...I even recall someone claiming he blows his daddy out of the water.... I dunno. Haven't heard him.
ohh ya he blows his pop out fo the water all right! i had the pleasure of seeing the Who ummm 2 years ago, right after Entwhistle died, in Detroit and he was phenominal! he got every Keith Moon hit and roll with no problem. He was amazing, i highly recomend checking them out they should be having their new album come out some time this year. (The Who that is)
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

best songs...

Paperback Writer
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
and...
my favourte...

When I'm Sixty-four

not to MENTION Yellow Submarine
THIS BUILDING'S TOTALLY BURNING DOWN!
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Come Together done by AEROSMITH!!! :wink:
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i ike the aerosmith version way better , its the first "beatles" song i'd heard lol
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Mouldy Crud does a good version of Helter Skelter...in't that a Beatles tune?
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Covers by other people don't count! :x