FYI

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Right on, mate! And I would attend church with you anytime, just to check it out :D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Hey Ziv! Your attitude is one I really appreciate. You are willing to talk with Elfie on this, and you would even attend church with him, as long as he does not force you to do or believe. And, from what I know of Elfie, he won't push his beliefs on you.

As far as the need to ged rid of TV or movies or pictures,...
there are those in the "christian" community who take these things too far.
Onward and Upward!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Some things are definitely taken too far and it always shines badly on the whole. There's always the guy who tries to get you to go to Church and when you don't he says you're going to go to hell :evil:
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

Yes-yes...and even though I haven't accepted all from it as a pattern for my life, I have read the Bible and find many of its guidlines to be most agreeable. One that seems apt is "Judge not, lest ye be judged". It also says to "Spread the word", but nowhere do I read, "mark and condemn your neighbor to eternal fire if they are different".
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Last edited by Mr. Potatoe Head on Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Medinaquirin wrote:
Zivo wrote:You rock, 'Dog!

Medinaquirin wrote:
Mr. Bush: Shove a stick up your ass and spin around until yer ass catches fire, you inbred cocksucker.

You beautiful, delicate flower!
:lol:
Why thank you. ;)

Yknow I have to agree with Meds. 1984 indeed.
Medinaquirin

Post by Medinaquirin »

That went right over me head, sug, lol! :lol:
~Time is a spiral, space is a curve
I know you get dizzy but try not to lose your nerve
~
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Zivo wrote: but nowhere do I read, "mark and condemn your neighbor to eternal fire if they are different".
And why don't you read it? Because it is not there. It isn't up to me to decide what will happen to you. What you will find is that the two greatest commandments are (1) Love G-d, and (2) love your fellow man. Why do we turn this into rocket science? :roll:
Onward and Upward!
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

:D *Hugs the "Hell" out of T* :D
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

In the 1830's a reoprter asked the president of the church to which I belong something along the lines of, "So, what do you guys believe, anyway?" In response, the reporter was given a list of thirteen critical points of the beliefs of our church. I'd like to share the eleventh with you.

"11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may."

Yes, I've gone out and done missionary work. But as soon as anyone ever said to me, "Sorry, not interested" I would smile and leave them be. It's kind of like Rush music. I bet everyone reading this has found joy in this music and gone out and tried to share it with those you think would also enjoy it. Some have gotten into it and others have said stuff like, "Ewww! I can't stand that guy's voice!" And you never tried to ram it down their throat! Nor would I ever try to ram my religious beliefs down anyone's throat. That's not how you show love. :wink:
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

If there were more people like you there would be less resistance to organized religion. Man, we all have to meet at Rushcon. This thread alone proves we By-torians have a pretty cool vibe.
By-tor, you may throw up at any time
:lol:
schuette

Post by schuette »

I've no got time to read all of this so i'm gonna ask one question...am I 'allowed' to say fuck or not....not that the answer will stop me :wink:
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

Schu! When you ged time I suggest reading it. It's pretty good stuff. And say a fuck for me :lol:
The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

I'm too young to hit RUSHCON on my own.. WAH!!! ah well. cool vibe indeed, Zivo. dig it, cats. cucumber's the word.
THIS BUILDING'S TOTALLY BURNING DOWN!
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

Tatoe wrote:
an inspiration
towards the freedom of speech everywhere! Even though I would of been pissed at some of the comments being thrown around. I suppose I should go to anger management but that would just piss me off
When I was very young, grandfahtha say; "Only when you can truly balance the light and heat within, will you achieve enlightenment. Use the heat to drive your ambitions, your light to shine on those whose has gone dim."
Ok, so I just made this up, but it sounds good. It's like, if this was in a book I might turn the page...oh wait...could that be Bible stuff creeping slowly to the surface? Maybe it's an old tv Kung Fu show. Whatever works. :D