The Rant Room!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bitch to yer heart's content! :)

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

T4EFAN wrote:Kick? We don't have a drummer.

Kick = bass drum/kick drum. :cool:
This space for rent
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

CygnusX1 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:I get crap from my band about me being too loud...............I play most gigs without mics. They have amps and the PA................this is impossible. I even use smaller drumsticks and use dynamics a lot.....................what gives????
My little Bro goes through the same thing Hairy.

He uses dynamics too (Hell, ANY drummer should use them!), but he
plays with 7A'S...

It seems to work for him.

I swithed from rock sticks to 7a about 7 years ago. I still get flack from them.
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Tell em to stick it in their ears for being too old!
Walkinghairball

zepboy wrote:Tell em to stick it in their ears for being too old!

And they all are. I'm the youngest in the group. :razz: :-D
This space for rent
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

I saw an interesting issue with a church's praise team.

Unlike the bass guitar, the drum kit is NOT a quiet instrument.

So they put their drummer in a booth.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Very common in churches. They booth the drums, and then mic them and run them through the sound board. That way they can mix them in and nobody complains about the volume. Often times they will also use electronic drums to enhance the sound control.
Walkinghairball

OH WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! :razz: :lol: :razz: :lol: :razz: :lol:

Yeah I'm kidding.

It is all about dynamics.

I have thought about getting a "Plexi-shield" to help in live situations.............I guess recording with it might work too.
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Hey Hairy . . . the beauty of the shield is that you can go slobberknockers during a set without getting it on the other dudes in the band! They will appreciate that! :-D
Walkinghairball

zepboy wrote:Hey Hairy . . . the beauty of the shield is that you can go slobberknockers during a set without getting it on the other dudes in the band! They will appreciate that! :-D

At least we will know if the stage is level. LOL
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

Ok, here is a problem I am dealing with at the moment. I posed this question on my Facebook account this morning. Here are all the comments. What do you all think? Input please.
Leon: So, how do you all take care of someone that crosses your dip-shit tolerance line???

Raeanna: Depends on when they become a dip shit

Kris: Co-worker? Friend? Other?

Robert: Usually with a .270 Caliber from 500 meters. I prefer to use a Weatherby but Remington and Winchesters are good for that type of work too.

Robert: Or tell them in your best Scottish brogue that if the don't wise up they'll feel the back of your hand!

Leon (reply):Rae.... more than 10 years. Kris... Friend. Robert... I like it, but that's just a tad too much.........(or is it???)
Troy: Like Denzel in American Gangster... smile and say, "My Man"... then leave...

Kris: 10 years? Maybe it's time to cut the cord then?

Vanessa: I'm ford you already know how i handle it lol. what is the dip-shit doing?

Leon (reply): Robert... I laid down the law on him last night with the butt kicking as the final answer. Troy... I never saw that movie, what happened next?? Kris... There is a lot of history involved.....more than 10 years. Just the last 10 have been bad.... Ness... Yeah, I know what you'd do. LOL

Sheri: Hmm..we keep people in our lives for so many different reasons. Maybe figure out what that reason is for this particular person and then decide if it?s still worth it after all this time. Then tell them ?.
Kris: Hmmm- perhaps sitting down and clearing the air? (or telling them how you see what they are doing...)

Troy: I do not envy you, I know how difficult this is.

Kent: Sit em down and tell them straight up to stop the shit or the friendship is over. If that doesn't work, swift and blinding violence is called for. Life's to short to deal with other bullshit for too long.

Vanessa: If you talk to this person an they dont change or try to help the situation, it sounds like they dont value the friendship as much as you do. If i did something my friend didnt like an they told me and i cared about them i would try my best to fix it. Cut all ties with this person an maybe they will either realize an talk to you or be an ass an go on there merry lil way.

Shawn: kiss them once on ea cheek. Then quietly take em out....lol

Daryl: I would say something like "pray for him", But that might take too long......... I like troy's ideal, Hand him a jar and tell him to fill it up. If he doesn't...... my man!
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

A REAL friend would respect you and watch your back, but also be
loose enough that some jokes or kidding won't tear up the adoption
papers.

It's just like any other relationship - it's built on TRUST.

I would take a bullet for my friends, and know they would do the same
for me.

Bottom Line: If this person won't watch your back or be straight up
with you - kick 'em to the curb, Bro.
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

In my work I often walk around town with a client. None of my clients are steady on their feet and I am particularly concerned about them when we cross the street. Quite often people are kind and stop for us when we wait at crosswalks, although we have had to wait through a long line of cars now and again. Recently, though, something happened that had me :x

I was crossing the street with a client who uses a crutch, one of those that go around the wrist for added support. We had the green light and were in the crosswalk. There were cars waiting to turn off a side street onto the street we were crossing and they were waiting nicely. BUT! One of the cars behind them decided it was just too much to wait for us and wove his way through the cars in front of him and drove through the crosswalk while we were still nearly in the center of the street! Drove right past us with me holding up my hands trying to get his attention and to stop. Nope. Wouldn't do it. Too much trouble, I guess.

If only I had got his license plate...
Onward and Upward!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'd a been too pissed to think of getting the plate.
Walkinghairball

I can call Rockko and Clubbo...........they are in Seattle.
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I can't find my iPod. :(
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?