Jethro Tull

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Tommy43sl

Ian Anderson

Post by Tommy43sl »

Whatever Ian Anderson's Comments are they are free and welcome to be debated. How anybody can say they will never buy another Tull product because they have a bad taste in their mouth after comments he made is BOGUS.
The Beatles compared themselves to Jesus Christ,, Have their Sales dropped? Sinead O'Connor ripped a picture of the Pope, Black Sabbath have sang words in songs " Would You Like To See The Pope on the end of a rope, Do you Think He's A Fool",, Neil Young and many others have always made revolutionary comments in song.
Music, Songs, and Musicians have always used These types of Communications with the world to make a political statement.
Bob Geldorf "LIVE AID" U2, "Amnesty International"...
Should we censor all Music and Artist,, They tried that in the Soviet Union,
They ended up with anarchy.... Then again you have every right to do with your money as you wave,,, No Matter what Ian say's I served my country and will still Wave the Flag. Do Bush or Cheney have anything better to say????? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
awip2062

Re: Ian Anderson

Post by awip2062 »

Tommy43sl wrote: Black Sabbath have sang words in songs " Would You Like To See The Pope on the end of a rope, Do you Think He's A Fool
I must comment on this. If you look at the context of the song, Geezer was not dissing the Pope. In actuality he wrote a song that those who call themselves Christians should not be offended by, if they listen to all the words, as evidenced by the final verse,
"Perhaps you'll think before you say that God is dead and gone
Open your eyes, just realize that he's the one
The only one who can save you now from all this sin and hate
Or will you still jeer at all you hear? Yes! I think it's too late,"

Most people just don't take the time to hear what is really being said.
Onward and Upward!
Tommy43sl

Post by Tommy43sl »

awip2062 wrote:
Tommy43sl wrote: Black Sabbath have sang words in songs " Would You Like To See The Pope on the end of a rope, Do you Think He's A Fool
I must comment on this. If you look at the context of the song, Geezer was not dissing the Pope. In actuality he wrote a song that those who call themselves Christians should not be offended by."

Thank You, My exact point.
Songwriters and Artist make the world aware of thing they might be un aware of, Yes this is only their points of view to be weighed and measured.

If you just close your eyeys and stop listening to people wether you agree or disagree then you have become a sheep whithout a voice.

I am an American Proud and served my country. I have long figured out some other countries may think we are Arrogant.

Ian Anderson points this out we wave our American Flags as if we were rooting for a team,coverage on CNN was the sport of the Moment.

I Fly my Flag as a Patriot, and Honor my fellow countrymen in Uniform.

as I was saying songwriters or Artist of all types can affect change. It is up to we who listen to hear or diregard what they say.

" The Meek shall inherit the earth" The Sheep will follow Shepherds.
The Shepard right now is a "WAR PIG"
The Ignorant and uneducated or unaware persons of any country shall burn a flag in defiance because it is the seemingly right thing to do,, or will wave the flag in victory in a roust of a country with no defense..
Peace will never be found through Death and Destruction.
We Americans have tried to persuade govts in Israel and Ireland and in China.. But do we not Listen to ourselves????
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

akkk heated political debate

* runs and hides*
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Heated debate? I would hardly call this heated.

Debate though,yes. It is OKAY to debate and discuss and disagree. And it seems everyone here, whether they agree with each other or not, is being most civil to the others.
Onward and Upward!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Tommy43sl wrote:Whatever Ian Anderson's Comments are they are free and welcome to be debated. How anybody can say they will never buy another Tull product because they have a bad taste in their mouth after comments he made is BOGUS.
I made that comment. And it is my choice not to support Anderson. As far as being 'BOGUS', if more people choose to do such as I, Anderson falls from the limelight, and his soapbox gets taken away.
Tommy43sl wrote:The Beatles compared themselves to Jesus Christ,, Have their Sales dropped?
Two things....One, I don't think this was the Beatles as a whole, but just John Lennon, and two, he didn't compare the Beatles to Jesus Christ in the manner that you should worship the Beatles as your saviour, but as in a popularity contest. I never have bought Beatles material.....not because of the Jesus comparison, but because of the whole anti-American stance they had (while making millions off of America)....that and the fact that I really don't care for their music.
Tommy43sl wrote:Sinead O'Connor ripped a picture of the Pope
And the people made a choice to end her career
Tommy43sl wrote:Black Sabbath have sang words in songs " Would You Like To See The Pope on the end of a rope, Do you Think He's A Fool"
That's not the context of those lyrics though.
Tommy43sl wrote:Neil Young and many others have always made revolutionary comments in song. Music, Songs, and Musicians have always used These types of Communications with the world to make a political statement. Bob Geldorf "LIVE AID" U2, "Amnesty International"...
Should we censor all Music and Artist
Never said we should censor them, but just as they have the right to say it, I have the right to A) call them an idiot, B) agree with them, C) not give them any more money.
Tommy43sl wrote:They tried that in the Soviet Union, They ended up with anarchy
Comparing the public not buying an artists album to the Soviet Union is a bit of a stretch.
Tommy43sl wrote:Do Bush or Cheney have anything better to say????? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
There's a major difference between Bush/Cheney, and all the mouthy entertainers.....instead of bitching about the situation to some magazine or radio station, they're doing something about it. You may not like what Bush, Clinton, Daddy Bush, Reagan, Carter, etc. have done, or maybe you didn't agree with their ideas, but they didn't sit on the sidelines crying about it, like these entertainers are doing. Like I said earlier.....if these entertainers don't like it....if they think they can do a better job....shut the fuck up and do it. Pick up a weapon and stand a post, throw your hat into the ring and run for office. All this Monday morning quaterbacking by entertainers is getting old.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
wcp

Post by wcp »

How big of an issue do you think the war will play on Bush's chances of getting re-elected? is he running again? Not being American i am curious to see how the American people will react to this, any comments?
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

wcp wrote:How big of an issue do you think the war will play on Bush's chances of getting re-elected? is he running again? Not being American i am curious to see how the American people will react to this, any comments?
He will be running, and the RNP nominee. If this were 6 months ago, I'd say he would have won by a landslide, but recent events in Iraq (constant American deaths, not finding any WMD) have taken their toll on his popularity. There are a few things however that are going to help him in the next few months.....Iran admitting to trying to develop a nuke, and the EU taking a hard stance against that (makes it look like Bush was right all along). North Korea admitting to having nukes, threating to use those nukes, and NK giving in to the U.S.'s demands for unilateral talks with China and Japan involved. If there are no more terrorist attacks on U.S. soil by the time the election rolls around, Bush will be able to claim a small victory in the war on terrorism. I think his popularity is still above 50%, but it's nowhere near the numbers he had during the time period between Sept. 11 - and the start of the Iraq war.

What makes me think he will be re-elected though, is the lack of competition. The independent parties don't really have a shot, and the Democrats are spending too much of an effort fighting among themselves.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

I wouldn't really have known but i entirely agree with you Awip2062, i was just too lazy to read it all, and there seemed to be alot of it. still haven't read it ,seems to be mostly american political stuff and i , no offense to americans, don't really care
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Sir Myghin wrote:seems to be mostly american political stuff and i , no offense to americans, don't really care
Why you damn poutine eating Canuckle heads......If it wern't for Rush and hockey, I'd be really mad at you. :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i don't eat poutine lol , heheh
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Sir Myghin wrote:i don't eat poutine lol , heheh
I don't blame you man.....my wife swears by it (she's from BC), but I just can't see it.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

by-tor wrote:
Sir Myghin wrote:i don't eat poutine lol , heheh
I don't blame you man.....my wife swears by it (she's from BC), but I just can't see it.

poutine is nasty nasty nasty stuff , cheese on fries, GROSS
wcp

Post by wcp »

I lova da poutine! mmmmmm i could go for some right now....what's better than fries? fries with cheese and gravy!