Which team is best? (NFL)

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Soup4Rush wrote:Sorry PV but I really have to do the unthinkable and actually root for the flaming thumbtacks this weekend. This is akin to the Red Sox rooting for the Yankees.
:shock:
Soup4Rush wrote:the logic is Indy should roll through KC. If not than it does not matter and I don't have to root for em. however if the Titans win they come to Indy versus if the Pats win than Indy goes to foxboro. Much as I would like another crack at the Pats, Foxboro in January is not the easy way to get to the Superbowl. So the logic is let the Titans travel to the artic circle and than come to Indy for the AFC title game. Sounds complicated but I have it figured out.
Scary thing is, Bill, that made perfect sense to me. :shock:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Amarok

Post by Amarok »

Bets welcome!

One free meal and drink in Schu's pit stop for the correct bet.

I say

Superbowl will be St. Louis Rams vs Kansas City Chiefs
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

KC has to get by the Colts first. Manning and company tore up the number 3 ranked defense in the league. I would say you will probably see more of the same Sunday. The X factor is the Colt's D. if they don't show up this game will be a track meet........
Happy 2015!
Amarok

Post by Amarok »

You're right. The Colts have a good offense with an excellent Payton Manning.
But the Chiefs have both good, offense and defense. And I think they got some more coolness (reason therefor is more experience).
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

you are kidding right???? The Chief's defense was ranked 29th in the league versus Indy at 11th. And as far as experience, the Chiefs have not played a playoff game since 1997.... Dude, I hate to break it to you, but KC is going to get killed this weekend. I have watched the Colts for a lot of years now and i have never seen that offense any better than it was last sunday. Denver was ranked 3rd in defense and Manning and the boys went through them like a hot knife through butter. That Colt offense is a machine. The only team in the AFC I fear is New England and I think the flaming thumbtacks are going to take them. I know I sound confident but like I said I have been a Colts fan for a lot of years and this is the best team we have had since 1983 when they moved here. Good luck this weekend, but Manning is going to shred KC' s defense. But as they say Any given sunday........
Happy 2015!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I don't see Indy getting past the Pats. Going into Foxboro in January is almost as bad as going into Lambeau. My picks this year :

AFC - New England
NFC - Green Bay

SB Champ - Green Bay
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

The flaming Thumbtacks are going to take care of the Pats this weekend.
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I like that Green Bay pick though
Happy 2015!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

by-tor wrote:I don't see Indy getting past the Pats. Going into Foxboro in January is almost as bad as going into Lambeau. My picks this year :

AFC - New England
NFC - Green Bay

SB Champ - Green Bay
Well, By-tor, I like 2/3 of your picks and no, your SB Champ isn't one of them. :?
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

The playoffs this year are great, best they've been for some time. All these overtime games, and almost every game has been up for grabs up to the last seconds. That Rams-Panthers game was memorable, up there with the Pats-Raiders snow game from a few years back. After seeing the teams lined up for the championship games, i see the colts and eagles in the big game. I honestly think the eagles are gonna win it all.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

These were GREAT playoffs! I don't usually care about any of the teams besided my Patriots but I watched every single game. They were very exciting and made for a bad weekend for the kids as they were booted off of Nickelodeon for a few days.

The Colts/Pats game is going to be a tough one for us. Of course I hope it goes the Pats way but it's going to be a fight.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I heard 16 and snow for Sunday. Colts are a 3 1/2 point dog. Gonna be a great game. In a way I am glad we are getting another shot at the Pats but I think I would have preferred that shot next year. Not with a trip to the big dance on the line... Anyways Good Luck next week PV and no trash talking from this side will be heard. This game could go either way. I will say though I think the winner of this game wins it all.
Happy 2015!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Good luck next week to you too, Bill! :D You won't hear any trash talking from me as well! As I said before, it's going to be a great game either way. Two very deserving teams and either one will do the AFC proud. 8) Sorry home town Eagles. :wink:
Amarok

Post by Amarok »

Soup4Rush wrote:
you are kidding right???? The Chief's defense was ranked 29th in the league versus Indy at 11th. And as far as experience, the Chiefs have not played a playoff game since 1997
Hey, Souperman. Ok, you're right. The Colts won.
But you can't only take statistics to say if the Chiefs got a good or bad defense. What would you Americans do if you wouldn't have all your statistics?!
Experience: I meant the individual players, not the team. They have some well experienced players in theis lines.

But my vote was wrong anyhow.

I don't believe the Colts will do it. But I think I should shut my mouth (as a fan of one of the worst teams this season)
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Thats ok man.... I just wish Sunday would get here. This has been the longest week ever. Forecast for Foxboro is mid thirtys at game time I hear. "were having a tropical heat wave, a tropical heat wave." :roll:
Happy 2015!