Which team is best? (NFL)

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

thats ok we're hitting the 30's on the negative side, in celsius , no football here
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Well, looks like the Patriots and the Panthers. :D

Colts vs. Patriots - Great game like we all knew it would be! And good old Foxboro weather was true to form. Did anyone else think the red paint from the field ended up looking like blood on the uniforms? :shock: I turned the game on at the beginning of the second quarter and wasn't quite sure what I was seeing! :oops:

Eagles vs. Panthers - So... Did the Eagles even show up? What a joke of a game. Philly never had a chance! The game was about 10 minutes in and you could tell they just didn't have it tonight. Even the crowd wasn't behind them. Hmm... Could I have spread my Red Soxitis to the Eagles? :?

So, we have two weeks to hash it out... Who's gonna take the Big Game? My vote? Pats... 8)
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Sorry, take away the Foxboro advantage, and it's Panthers by 7.

And just think, if my prediction is right, your team will have been beaten by the Saints' second string QB. :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I was dissapointed by both games actually...i mean i expected the colts to do alot more than they did. I guess i didnt expect the pats defense to be so solid. And the Eagles-Panthers game, i couldnt believe what i was seeing. It was like the Eagles expected the game to go their way because of the whole "third times a charm" thing. But, i must admit, the superbowl is gonna be a great one, the teams match up very well. Im going for the panthers by 10. 8)
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Patriots, I'm hoping to go all the way!

Ya baby, :D
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Hee hee... A side note here on the Eagles... One of the morning radio shows here in Philadelphia said they had one of the Eagles receivers on the phone for an interview. When they "went to the phone" all you heard was the phone landing on the floor. The dj said, "he seems to be having trouble holding on to the phone this morning." :lol:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Congrats to your Pats, PV.

Are they ready to run the Eagles out of Philly yet?
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

neilpeart_gal wrote:Congrats to your Pats, PV.

Are they ready to run the Eagles out of Philly yet?
Thanks, NPG! :D We are pretty excited that's for sure. Looks like once again the Super Bowl party is at our place! 8)
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Well, well, well... This took longer than I expected! I have just now recieved the first email of Eagles jokes. I thought I would have had these on Monday. Folks must have still been crying in their beers.

Q: What do you call 47 people sitting around a TV watching the Super Bowl?
A: The Philadelphia Eagles.

Q: What do the Philadelphia Eagles and Billy Graham have in common?
A: The both can make 70,000 people stand up and yell "Jesus Christ".

Q: How do you keep a Philadelphia Eagle out of your yard?
A: Put up goal posts.

Q: Where do you go in Philadelphia in case of a tornado?
A: To the Linc - they never have a touchdown there!

Q: What do you call a Philadelphia Eagle with a Super Bowl ring?
A: A thief.

Q: Why doesn't Camden have a professional football team?
A: Because then Philadelphia would want one.

Q: Why was Andy Reid upset when the Philadelphia Eagles play book was stolen?
A: Because he hadn't finished coloring it.

Q: What's the difference between the Philadelphia Eagles and a
dollar bill?
A: You can still get four quarters out of a dollar.

Q: How do the Philadelphia Eagles count to 10?
A: 0-1, 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5, 0-6, 0-7, 0-8, 0-9, 0-10

Q: How many Philadelphia Eagles does it take to win a Super Bowl?
A: Nobody knows and we may never find out.

Q:What do the Philadelphia Eagles and possums have in common?
A: Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

OK I am back................ My therapist has told me it is time to go out and be productive again. He says there is no chance the city of Foxboro will come down with the Bubonic Plague. There is always next year. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Congratulations PV.. not sure if the Pats won or the Colts gave it to them. What a choke job. I am sadder still that football is coming to an end. Well at least I have Golf and Nascar to keep me busy in the off season..
Happy 2015!
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Congrats, PV! I'm happy for ya!!! 8)
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Thanks, NPG. :D What a game! Well, I missed the last minute cuz I was watching my husband's brain hemorrhage when Carolina tied it up. Then I decided he was too far gone so I did get to see Vinitieri kick that bee-yoo-tee-ful field goal. 8) The party was great, the beer flowed, the blender blended, and the chips, well, the dog enjoyed the chips. :? Wish you all could have been here. Maybe next year when the Pats are back in it? :wink:

My vote for best commercial: The Jimmy Hendrix Coke vs. Pepsi ad. I hope it airs more often, it's GREAT! Second place to the donkey who wanted to be a Bud clydesdale. :lol:
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

PV wrote:My vote for best commercial: The Jimmy Hendrix Coke vs. Pepsi ad. I hope it airs more often, it's GREAT! Second place to the donkey who wanted to be a Bud clydesdale. :lol:
I liked the guys from OCC in the AOL commercials. I watch that American Chopper from time to time, so their antics were pretty funny.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

:lol: Yeah! Those were good ones too! I loved the one where the guy went back in time to the Renaissance. My husband watches that show every once in a while, it's pretty good.
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

I loved the OCC dudes too! They rock!!

Old Man Teutle needs to chill out though!! :lol: