By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Do We/Do We Not Want to Hear?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Rush
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
EndlesslyRocking



Joined: 09 Mar 2004
Posts: 722
Location: California

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: What Do We/Do We Not Want to Hear? Reply with quote

Okay folks...

Those holding their tickets for the 30th Anniversary Tour, and those poor suckers crying in their beer because they don't have any: what do you want to hear this time? What are you sick of? What do you have to have to make your evening complete?

For my personal tastes, the VT Tour was just about perfect. Pretty much all my favorites were there: Distant Early Warning, Natural Science, The Pass (f-ing great version, too), New World Man, Limelight, Earthshine, etc. Of the 5 shows I've seen, VT was the best, IMHO.

I'd love to see The Manhattan Project, Red Barchetta, and Subdivisions back in the rotation. I'd also enjoy Animate, Force Ten, Virtuality, Cold Fire, Prime Mover, Ceiling Unlimited (I was there on a "Ghost Rider" Night), Presto, Grand Designs, etc.

Actually, I'd like to see several more VT songs (I really love that album). Peacable Kingdom for example.

There's not too much I'm tired of, honestly. I could probably skip Closer to the Heart, but other than that....there's just so much material over the 30 years. So much quality.

That's another thing that's so great about RUSH: no opening band (anyone remember Mr. Big? Ugh...) tons of songs in the two sets, all great.

As you can tell, I'm starting to get fired up here...

ROCK AND ROLL, BABY!

Cool
_________________
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
*Lifesonite



Joined: 02 Jan 2004
Posts: 3442
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only material I yearn for is the stuff the Ged can't sing well anymore. It's truly a pity! I still love their new stuff though! Cool I don't get fired up until it's about 2 minutes 'til they're on stage. Then I start buzzing from the anticipation and energy in the arena. It's like Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EndlesslyRocking



Joined: 09 Mar 2004
Posts: 722
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Lifesonite wrote:
The only material I yearn for is the stuff the Ged can't sing well anymore. It's truly a pity! I still love their new stuff though! Cool I don't get fired up until it's about 2 minutes 'til they're on stage. Then I start buzzing from the anticipation and energy in the arena. It's like Shocked


Depending on the song, they can compensate for the passage of time, like they do for 2112 (playing "lower").
_________________
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
*Lifesonite



Joined: 02 Jan 2004
Posts: 3442
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only it doesn't sound good, if the crowd didn't get into the song so much they wouldn't play it, I'm sure of that. Dun dun dun dun HEY! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EndlesslyRocking



Joined: 09 Mar 2004
Posts: 722
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Lifesonite wrote:
Only it doesn't sound good, if the crowd didn't get into the song so much they wouldn't play it, I'm sure of that. Dun dun dun dun HEY! Wink


So if you could, what songs would you want to hear?

I'm guessing a lot of early stuff...?
_________________
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
*Lifesonite



Joined: 02 Jan 2004
Posts: 3442
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi, I can't choose... Embarassed

Wink

Yes I would like to see some of the early stuff, but that's only because I haven't seen it before, me being a youngster and all. I'm happy with the good stuff I'm stuck with though! I think Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tinkertoy Drummer



Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Posts: 60
Location: central Ohio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with EndlesslyRocking for the most part. But Time Stand Still has always been my fav. and I'd love to hear it brought back (esp after hearing the crowd go nuts on Show of Hands!). Better yet, have Aimee pop in for that one! One can only dream......Ghost of a Chance is my theme song right now (you think I'm kidding! Smile) so I'd kill to hear that, though I don't know if they've ever done it live.

Earthshine, YYZ, Red Sector A, Bravado, Roll The Bones, The Pass, Driven, Natural Science, Leave That Thing Alone.....they better make a triumphant return! Oh, and a drum solo. Very Happy
_________________
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
schuette



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 17981
Location: Grangemouth, Scotland

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jings that's a hard one....if I had my way the concert would last for hours and hours and hours so they could play all they're stuff Wink
_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EndlesslyRocking



Joined: 09 Mar 2004
Posts: 722
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinkertoy Drummer wrote:
I agree with EndlesslyRocking for the most part. But Time Stand Still has always been my fav. and I'd love to hear it brought back (esp after hearing the crowd go nuts on Show of Hands!). Better yet, have Aimee pop in for that one! One can only dream......Ghost of a Chance is my theme song right now (you think I'm kidding! Smile) so I'd kill to hear that, though I don't know if they've ever done it live.

Earthshine, YYZ, Red Sector A, Bravado, Roll The Bones, The Pass, Driven, Natural Science, Leave That Thing Alone.....they better make a triumphant return! Oh, and a drum solo. Very Happy


The first stop is coming up pretty quickly, isn't it? Sometime in April? It will be interesting to see the setlist then.

schuette is right, though. Too much good music even for one long concert. They'll always leave something out you'd like to hear....
_________________
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
wcp



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 659

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting exciting ehh?
i would like to hear Closer to the Heart BUT the extended version lol and ummmm Fly By Night and......One Little Victory that was great last time.
i wonder if they will have any special 30th anniversary merchandise and if soo...what?
_________________
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EndlesslyRocking



Joined: 09 Mar 2004
Posts: 722
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcp wrote:
getting exciting ehh?
One Little Victory that was great last time.
i wonder if they will have any special 30th anniversary merchandise and if soo...what?


OLV was great...will the Dragon Attack return? Looking at the tour logo, it appears so.
_________________
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
yyzcartrob



Joined: 31 Mar 2004
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there opening night in Nashville, and this will be my 5th time to see the boys, the first time was around 1981. While it was really cool to see Natural Science done the last 2 tours, hopefully they'll pull out another one of their epics such as The Fountain of Lamneth or Cygnus X-1 Book 2 Hemispheres. I really really REALLY would like to hear The Camera Eye!!
Hopefully they don't go cheese ball and pull out some sort of "trilogy" song where they play parts of Closer to the Heart/YYZ/2112 in succession. maybe they'll pull out an unreleased peice?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
*Lifesonite



Joined: 02 Jan 2004
Posts: 3442
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would soo love to soo love to hear Hemispheres live!! That is my absolute favorite song, it's a masterpiece. It flows so well, it's just an amazing piece of work. I would pay just to see them play that for a set Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tinkertoy Drummer



Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Posts: 60
Location: central Ohio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that OLV was an incredible way to start the second set. I hope they keep this in!
_________________
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
neilpeart_gal



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 1283
Location: Nashville

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yyzcartrob wrote:
I will be there opening night in Nashville, and this will be my 5th time to see the boys, the first time was around 1981. While it was really cool to see Natural Science done the last 2 tours, hopefully they'll pull out another one of their epics such as The Fountain of Lamneth or Cygnus X-1 Book 2 Hemispheres. I really really REALLY would like to hear The Camera Eye!!
Hopefully they don't go cheese ball and pull out some sort of "trilogy" song where they play parts of Closer to the Heart/YYZ/2112 in succession. maybe they'll pull out an unreleased peice?


hey man, drop me a PM if you want to come to our preshow party in Nashvegas. Cool

And btw, opening night isn't until 5/26 (2 days before my birthday).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Rush All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group