What Do We/Do We Not Want to Hear?

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

EndlesslyRocking

What Do We/Do We Not Want to Hear?

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Okay folks...

Those holding their tickets for the 30th Anniversary Tour, and those poor suckers crying in their beer because they don't have any: what do you want to hear this time? What are you sick of? What do you have to have to make your evening complete?

For my personal tastes, the VT Tour was just about perfect. Pretty much all my favorites were there: Distant Early Warning, Natural Science, The Pass (f-ing great version, too), New World Man, Limelight, Earthshine, etc. Of the 5 shows I've seen, VT was the best, IMHO.

I'd love to see The Manhattan Project, Red Barchetta, and Subdivisions back in the rotation. I'd also enjoy Animate, Force Ten, Virtuality, Cold Fire, Prime Mover, Ceiling Unlimited (I was there on a "Ghost Rider" Night), Presto, Grand Designs, etc.

Actually, I'd like to see several more VT songs (I really love that album). Peacable Kingdom for example.

There's not too much I'm tired of, honestly. I could probably skip Closer to the Heart, but other than that....there's just so much material over the 30 years. So much quality.

That's another thing that's so great about RUSH: no opening band (anyone remember Mr. Big? Ugh...) tons of songs in the two sets, all great.

As you can tell, I'm starting to get fired up here...

ROCK AND ROLL, BABY!

8)
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

The only material I yearn for is the stuff the Ged can't sing well anymore. It's truly a pity! I still love their new stuff though! 8) I don't get fired up until it's about 2 minutes 'til they're on stage. Then I start buzzing from the anticipation and energy in the arena. It's like :shock:
EndlesslyRocking

*Lifesonite wrote:The only material I yearn for is the stuff the Ged can't sing well anymore. It's truly a pity! I still love their new stuff though! 8) I don't get fired up until it's about 2 minutes 'til they're on stage. Then I start buzzing from the anticipation and energy in the arena. It's like :shock:
Depending on the song, they can compensate for the passage of time, like they do for 2112 (playing "lower").
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

Only it doesn't sound good, if the crowd didn't get into the song so much they wouldn't play it, I'm sure of that. Dun dun dun dun HEY! ;)
EndlesslyRocking

*Lifesonite wrote:Only it doesn't sound good, if the crowd didn't get into the song so much they wouldn't play it, I'm sure of that. Dun dun dun dun HEY! ;)
So if you could, what songs would you want to hear?

I'm guessing a lot of early stuff...?
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

Oi, I can't choose... :oops:

;)

Yes I would like to see some of the early stuff, but that's only because I haven't seen it before, me being a youngster and all. I'm happy with the good stuff I'm stuck with though! I think ;)
Tinkertoy Drummer

Post by Tinkertoy Drummer »

I agree with EndlesslyRocking for the most part. But Time Stand Still has always been my fav. and I'd love to hear it brought back (esp after hearing the crowd go nuts on Show of Hands!). Better yet, have Aimee pop in for that one! One can only dream......Ghost of a Chance is my theme song right now (you think I'm kidding! :)) so I'd kill to hear that, though I don't know if they've ever done it live.

Earthshine, YYZ, Red Sector A, Bravado, Roll The Bones, The Pass, Driven, Natural Science, Leave That Thing Alone.....they better make a triumphant return! Oh, and a drum solo. :D
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."
schuette

Post by schuette »

jings that's a hard one....if I had my way the concert would last for hours and hours and hours so they could play all they're stuff :wink:
EndlesslyRocking

Tinkertoy Drummer wrote:I agree with EndlesslyRocking for the most part. But Time Stand Still has always been my fav. and I'd love to hear it brought back (esp after hearing the crowd go nuts on Show of Hands!). Better yet, have Aimee pop in for that one! One can only dream......Ghost of a Chance is my theme song right now (you think I'm kidding! :)) so I'd kill to hear that, though I don't know if they've ever done it live.

Earthshine, YYZ, Red Sector A, Bravado, Roll The Bones, The Pass, Driven, Natural Science, Leave That Thing Alone.....they better make a triumphant return! Oh, and a drum solo. :D
The first stop is coming up pretty quickly, isn't it? Sometime in April? It will be interesting to see the setlist then.

schuette is right, though. Too much good music even for one long concert. They'll always leave something out you'd like to hear....
wcp

Post by wcp »

getting exciting ehh?
i would like to hear Closer to the Heart BUT the extended version lol and ummmm Fly By Night and......One Little Victory that was great last time.
i wonder if they will have any special 30th anniversary merchandise and if soo...what?
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
EndlesslyRocking

wcp wrote:getting exciting ehh?
One Little Victory that was great last time.
i wonder if they will have any special 30th anniversary merchandise and if soo...what?
OLV was great...will the Dragon Attack return? Looking at the tour logo, it appears so.
yyzcartrob

Post by yyzcartrob »

I will be there opening night in Nashville, and this will be my 5th time to see the boys, the first time was around 1981. While it was really cool to see Natural Science done the last 2 tours, hopefully they'll pull out another one of their epics such as The Fountain of Lamneth or Cygnus X-1 Book 2 Hemispheres. I really really REALLY would like to hear The Camera Eye!!
Hopefully they don't go cheese ball and pull out some sort of "trilogy" song where they play parts of Closer to the Heart/YYZ/2112 in succession. maybe they'll pull out an unreleased peice?
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

I would soo love to soo love to hear Hemispheres live!! That is my absolute favorite song, it's a masterpiece. It flows so well, it's just an amazing piece of work. I would pay just to see them play that for a set :oops:
Tinkertoy Drummer

Post by Tinkertoy Drummer »

I agree that OLV was an incredible way to start the second set. I hope they keep this in!
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

yyzcartrob wrote:I will be there opening night in Nashville, and this will be my 5th time to see the boys, the first time was around 1981. While it was really cool to see Natural Science done the last 2 tours, hopefully they'll pull out another one of their epics such as The Fountain of Lamneth or Cygnus X-1 Book 2 Hemispheres. I really really REALLY would like to hear The Camera Eye!!
Hopefully they don't go cheese ball and pull out some sort of "trilogy" song where they play parts of Closer to the Heart/YYZ/2112 in succession. maybe they'll pull out an unreleased peice?
hey man, drop me a PM if you want to come to our preshow party in Nashvegas. 8)

And btw, opening night isn't until 5/26 (2 days before my birthday).