Who's going where?

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

No, that's completely logical. I don't think anyone on this boards spent that much on a seat yet :shock:
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Elfie, I would have loved to have gotten the $85 dollar tix, but I went with the tix about $30. If I had a spare $2500, I would buy an SG!
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Yep! You dream of owning an SG and I dream of owning an ES-175D and a Les Paul goldtop with P90 pickups. :wink:
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:I'll be stopping with some friends who are going to the Wembley gig with me so, with the way the buses run, I'll be travelling from Mansfield to London (approx 123 miles, about 4 hours) then 33 miles up to Letchworth (about 45 minutes on the train) and stopping overnight. After that I'll be going down to London again for the gig (driving probably, no idea how long) before going back to Letchworth and stopping overnight again. Next day, it'll be the train to London and the bus back to Mansfield. I make that as a round trip of 378 miles. Not so bad. (I could have shortened it by going to either Manchester or Birmingham, but I have a soft spot for Wembley Arena as its the first place I saw them play).
That sounds like a long trip for 378 miles just don't throw mama from the train :shock: Gina and I have a round trip of about six hundred miles driving. spending the weekend down in the Virgian beach area meeting up with Xanadu :) We got great seats too, seventh row Geddys side and we didn't go through a broker, just a bit of luck with the draw.

Have fun Slaine mac Roth and all
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I actually ended getting mine from the Arena Box iffice the day after the gig was announced and, by then, there was only one block of seats left.

There was an interview with Alex in Classic Rock in which he said the main reason they haven't the UK for so long is that no promoter wanted the job. In light of the ticket demand, I find that staggering.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

*Lifesonite wrote:No, that's completely logical. I don't think anyone on this boards spent that much on a seat yet :shock:
For this tour, I spent $365.00 a ticket for 3rd row center seats in Sacramento.

A good amount of money, but nowhere near $2,500.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

You rock and have a real job! ;) (A real family to support too, so only one ticket, eh?)
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
EndlesslyRocking

*Lifesonite wrote:You rock and have a real job! ;) (A real family to support too, so only one ticket, eh?)
No, we have two. The wife and I will be going together.

Hell, it's only money.

:wink:
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:
Hell, it's only money.

thats the attitude i wish more people had , i live with one whose God is money, its horrid
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

Enlightened like only a Shrink could be! Rush on! ;)
-- IFALT
EndlesslyRocking

*Lifesonite wrote:Enlightened like only a Shrink could be! Rush on! ;)
Well, it takes a while to get to that place. The first few times I saw RUSH was from the nosebleed sections. The last two tours I've inched closer (having learned to use the internet). This time, I decided to splurge. Who knows how often they'll be back? I'm fortunate to be at a place in my life where I can afford to go nuts on occasion.

And as I always tell my wife: If we're not going to enjoy it, what are we working so hard for?
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

You must feed your Rush habit! 8) Splurge away, don't give up the food or house though :P
-- IFALT
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Well... if we look at it that way... this will be the first Rush concert of both my daughter and my date... and I'm giving them something better than a nosebleed seat... so I'm a good person, right?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

ElfDude wrote:Well... if we look at it that way... this will be the first Rush concert of both my daughter and my date... and I'm giving them something better than a nosebleed seat... so I'm a good person, right?

one family deserves the best rock on dude!
EndlesslyRocking

ElfDude wrote:...so I'm a good person, right?
No.

:evil: