Computer problems

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

rushlight

Computer problems

Post by rushlight »

If it's not one thing it's another. :( My ISP has been giving me trouble lately and after speaking to a relative, he tells me he can take my computer to get it upgraded and find a new ISP. It will also take me away from D.A. and my By-tor family. :( If you don't see me for awhile, then you'll know my computer is getting fixed. D.A. will give you any new details while I'm away. Keep him entertained!
I love my Welshman.
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Come back as soon as you can! Faster if possible :D
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Yes, we all dread computer problems!
DarkCityJay

Post by DarkCityJay »

Rushlight! So this is where you ran off to! Haven't seen you in forever! :D
I never saw your face and now you're gone without a trace, except the trace of blood that's deeply scarred into my eyes to fill your place.
schuette

Post by schuette »

hope you get it all sorted out soon light...
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Hello buds. :roll: Here's the problem, I have AOL. So far it is crappy but I don't know what other service is better. I've been able to sign on ok before when I was at 5.0 which was way back. Anyhoo, I went to 8.0 and have stayed there ever since. Although, 8.0 hasn't been a dream.
I get kicked off when I least expect it and most of the times when I try to get off, I'm stuck. I can't get off at all until I get a message that says AOL caused a problem somewhere. And what's worse is that I'm on dial up and just a few days ago, I get a message box from AOL that says my numbers are old. I used to have 4 numbers and they took 2 away because they were old and now they want the others. And those are the only two in my area code. :roll:
And when I tried to get back online, I'm not allowed until I pick new numbers and it's the two they want to get rid of. I don't know what to do but I decided to hold off on upgrading my computer for now because that can be costly. D.A. tells me to complain to AOL about the problems and expense. I get charged a lot. Do you have any words of advice?
I love my Welshman.
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

DarkCityJay wrote:Rushlight! So this is where you ran off to! Haven't seen you in forever! :D
Hi DCJ! :D Yup! This is where I've been hiding. Good to see you again. Join us for some whiskey! :twisted:
I love my Welshman.
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Yes, I have a friendly bit of advice:

ANYTHING BUT AOL!!!
:lol:
Making you pile version after version of ANYTHING is bad for your computer, space, memory, the lot. If you cancel AOL, call and have them help you wipe all traces of it from your PC, and get ANY other service, you have performed a mighty upgrade to your system.
Seriously, Earthink has only been down for me once in a year, and that was only for a day. I don't know what you have specifically in your area, but graduate from aol and you will feel empowered...just my humble oppinion :wink:
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

rushlight wrote:Here's the problem, I have AOL.
You're right, that is a problem. 8)
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!