The ElfDude Thread

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

LOL!!! :lol:

No... no mullet...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Then you guys were out there and rocking hard! And to rock hard in the 80s without a mullet was hard I'm told ;)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Elfie! The pics are great.

No mullet in the 80s? Hmm.......well, you still rock!

As far as suffering from the same hair condition as Alex, there are worse fates!

Even still, your hair today is nice, for short hair. Really. Not all men have to have long hair to be cool.
Onward and Upward!
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Elfdude! Thanks for sharing these memories with us (and for helping me to not be the only one :) )
Your bands look like those I would have been avid fans of. The one with the girl and two electric 12 strings reminds me a bit of Renaissance. I'd like to hear any recordings you might have laying around. Is that possible?

AWIP wrote:
Not all men have to have long hair to be cool.
T! In the immortal words of "Lips" from Canada's "Anvil",

I don't care if I lose my hair
I don't care if they strip me bare
I don't care if you think I'm sick
I'm just a mad-dog doing my trick
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Bro, that song sounds like many I have heard. Basically, another I Am, I'm Me, I Did It My Way, et cetera song.

But, I like the part about the hair. That rocks.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Zivo wrote: Your bands look like those I would have been avid fans of. The one with the girl and two electric 12 strings reminds me a bit of Renaissance. I'd like to hear any recordings you might have laying around. Is that possible?
LOL! I wish we sounded like Renaissance. That band you see with the two 12 strings was called Idiots on Guitar for a reason. :lol: I guess I should point out that I originally joined them (after the band was formed and named) to play keyboards for them. But it didn't take long for me to want to start adding better guitar parts to their songs. I started designating keyboard reponsibilities to other members in a number of songs. By 1994 I left out of boredom. IoG did have a niche following... but I needed to try to strectch my wings a bit.

If you'd really like to hear the song we were playing in that pic with the two 12-strings I can put an mp3 somewhere that you can download it.
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Sure, I'd like to hear some of your music. As well as Zivo's, I'm sure he'll get in here to see this some time or another ;)
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

song we were playing in that pic with the two 12-strings I can put an mp3 somewhere that you can download it.
I'd love to hear anything you have recorded. I really get into the "local original" thing. If it's not too much trouble to get them up there, please post the url.
I have some in mp3 format at http://www.designvortex.com/greenman/rush/musicroom.htm if anyone's interested (like you *ite! :D ).
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Zivo: I'm listening to your stuff right now. More on that over in your thread. :)

Well, maybe later tonight I'll put a folder on my website where a couple of old IoG mp3's and maybe a couple of my originals can be downloaded. I'll post the URL when I've got it up.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

This is great! We are gedding to branch out more in music and hear each other!
Onward and Upward!
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

You next T! We have to ged you and the rest of the Partridge Family to rock out in a studio. :D
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Okay, I now have a few mp3's posted at
http://www.purescience.com/matt/tunes/

There are two IoG (Idiots on Guitar) songs recorded in the early 90's there along with a few originals. I don't sing on either of the IoG tracks. In those, the most distinct part that's me is the guitar solo at the end of "Words" that sounds kinda like whale song.

The originals were recorded within the last couple of years. Be warned, I do sing in the one called "Oh Baby". It's a silly song... just me experimenting with a style of music that came before my time. I think my favorite original on there is the one called "New Beginnings".
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

Dag! I'm at work where they have 3000 computers in one big room, all with the speakers taken out, just in case someone actually enjoys themself. I'll download tonight at home. Thanks dude!!!
Last edited by Zivo on Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Zivo wrote:Dag! I'm at work where they have 3000 computers in one big room, all with the speakers taken out, lest someone actually enjoys themself. I'll download tonight at home. Thanks dude!!!
They hate it if we enjoy ourselves where I work too. :?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

You two should take up homeschooling; I can have fun at my job, and I can play music as loudly as I want, and I even ged to play my guitar in class! With my kids playing their instruments too!
Onward and Upward!