The ElfDude Thread

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

If I didn't have to earn a living as well, that'd be great!
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
That Rabbit

Post by That Rabbit »

What the ... ? This guy rates his own thread??? :?

Just kiddin'! How's it going, ElfDude? :D
Medinaquirin

Post by Medinaquirin »

*eyes Wabbit's av*

Is that who I think it is???? :o

*checks for signs of BOC influence.....*
~Time is a spiral, space is a curve
I know you get dizzy but try not to lose your nerve
~
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

That Rabbit wrote:What the ... ? This guy rates his own thread??? :?

Just kiddin'! How's it going, ElfDude? :D
Take note, I didn't START my own thread. I still haven't figured out why anyone would want to read something called the "ElfDude thread"...

And it's Rabbit! I'm really glad to see you over here. I've really been making an obnoxious @$$ of myself over here and they're still being friendly to me! It's a pretty good group of people. :)
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Dude!
If you're an ass, I must be a septic tank!

I agree with the favorite tune being "New Beginnings". In fact, I enjoyed listening to them all very much. I even liked "Oh Baby!" :D

Thanks again for sharing.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Thanks, Zivo. Your opinion means a lot to me.

A couple of things about New Beginnings... I somehow got lucky with the sound of the bass when I recorded it. I think that's the best tone I've ever gotten out of my crummy bass when recording. The other thing I enjoyed about that song was using what was my newest guitar at the time... the Carvin AE-185. I was really excited about owning a hybrid guitar that could do both acoustic and electric sounds... especially after seeing Alex play Natural Science on one during the T4E tour. So this song was the first one I recorded where the Carvin got to be used both as an acoustic and an electric guitar.

And it has a very positive, upbeat feel to it. I'd been divorced about 6 months or so, was getting over the loss of my wife, was dating around a bit... just starting over. Life was gonna be okay. That song came out of that feeling.
That Rabbit

Post by That Rabbit »

Medinaquirin wrote:*eyes Wabbit's av*

Actually, it's from the classic cover illustration of my all-time favorite book, Watership Down by Richard Adams. But now I'm curious as to who you thought it might be, Medinaquirin. Did BOC go through a cute, cuddly animal phase? :D

ElfDude: This thread rocks! I love seeing all the old band photos and different looks you've gone through. No mohawks though, that's kinda disappointing. :P
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Okay... here's the band I'm in presently... Midlife Crisis!

In this band I just play rhythm guitar and keys. I've had fun relinquishing the lead guitar role to my brother. Now I can relax and enjoy plaing the songs with ease. We play some fun oldies like Twist and Shout, Johnny B. Goode, Wooly Bully, Blue Suede Shoes, and some silly originals in the same vein. It's a very family-friendly band by design.

Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

ElfDude, is that REALLY the name? Cool! But unnerving. :lol:

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Yep, that's our name. Currently the members of the band range in age from 50 down to 38 or 39... I forget. But the name seemed appropriate. :)
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

you guys have all the fun, everyone arround me is innept or not devoted enough or doesn't like my style so i'm next to always stuck guitarless and drummerless, one guitarist friend won't place the time to compose but likes what i like, !!!! nice stuff though elf
Medinaquirin

Post by Medinaquirin »

That Rabbit wrote:
Medinaquirin wrote:*eyes Wabbit's av*

Actually, it's from the classic cover illustration of my all-time favorite book, Watership Down by Richard Adams. But now I'm curious as to who you thought it might be, Medinaquirin. Did BOC go through a cute, cuddly animal phase? :D
LOL, not that I'm aware of. I've just got a bud on a Zeppelin board that has the same avatar, and he's a big BOC fan. Me just a confoooooozed lil' thing. :roll:
~Time is a spiral, space is a curve
I know you get dizzy but try not to lose your nerve
~
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Nice fat stage in those pics :) Where was that, anyway? With those fun tunes you could make a living with that band. Ever get the urge to ditch the job and play music full time?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Zivo wrote:Nice fat stage in those pics :) Where was that, anyway? With those fun tunes you could make a living with that band. Ever get the urge to ditch the job and play music full time?
That was in a gymnasium at a local church.

I still haven't figured out how to make ANY money playing old covers like that. There's gotta be a way though...
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Become an awesome Beatles tribute band with full era-costumes. A band that's good like that can make some big money at shows. They can make anywhere from $2000 to $5000 a show :shock:
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT