NorthEast Get Together

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Mermaid of the Lunar Sea

Post by Mermaid of the Lunar Sea »

Kares4Rush wrote:I'm STILL trying to get a way to get there (checked bus lines, etc.). I may have a ride there but not back. Is anyone crossing the Tappan Zee or are y'all coming from the other way? So friggin' frustrating 'cause I prolly live almost the closest!
I can take you home. 8) I hate shopping, so I won't be doing that after lunch.

I have shoulder-length light brown (yes, it's brown now) hair. Glasses. Fair skin. My winter coat is brown w/ faux fur on the cuffs and collar. PV and F1 know me. :D If you go to "Recent Photos" on my web site, third photo on the right is me at New Years.

Tommy, Kares, and F1- I'll PM my cell # to you. PV already has it.

Whoo-hoo! The time is nigh!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Mermaid of the Lunar Sea wrote:Whoo-hoo! The time is nigh!
It is! It is! :D See you all in less than 24 hours! :D
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

DAMN!! My "ride", whom I'm embarrassed to admit was my father who lives close by, just told me he forgot they had the opera tomorrow and they leave for the city around 12 or 12:30.

NOT having wheels STINKS and I'm not used to it (as well as it being embarassing). I told Mermaid I work in Manhattan and rarely really "need" a car so I've been able to "slide" by these past couple of weeks as I have no time or money to get another car yet.

I'm going to TRY to convince him to take me up there early and perhaps wander around that mall and pretend I'm a Mall Brat for an hour or so.

If that doesn't happen then I want to thank everyone for offering to get my sorry butt home :( and I want full details of the meeting. :)

I'll call Tommy's and/or Mermaid's cell and let them know either way.

Thanks again.

Kares :oops:

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

It was wonderful meeting you PV, Ferrari F1 and Tommy! You're all such wonderful and gracious people.

PV, your lovely daughters are a delight (gonna put the little one in my pocket, I tell you!).

Tommy, your two boys are so much fun but you need to cut the caffeine! SHHHOOOOMMM!!! You are a miracle Dad for keeping up with them. (hee hee, they're great)

Ferrari, your wife is so sweet and I'm glad I finally got to meet the "artist" (I hope we didn't bore her too much!) and your little boy is such a wonderful kid, so animated and friendly.

Mermaid, I'm so sorry to have missed you as I was looking forward to meeting you. Must do this again, though!

Again I'm so grateful to have met you all and PV, you're right! By-toreans are the BEST people!

Tommy, thank you so much again for the ride home. I hope you got back OK. I owe you a Guinness, at least! Fun listening to RIR on the way home and speaking of your different commutes! (whew)

Take Kare all!

Love,
Kares6

PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Mermaid! We missed you... :cry: I hope you are feeling all better now.

It was a great time by all, I would have to say. The kids were great at putting up with the boring adult talk. *short term memory loss of my whiny daughter waiting for her dinner*

JJ, great to see you again and I'm so glad your wife came along! She is a doll! I am looking forward to seeing you both again real soon. Your son is a great kid, must take after your wife. :wink:

Kares! You made it! :D It was so wonderful to finally meet you and have some great laughs. Looking forward to more down the shore this summer. 8) I told my wee one you wanted to stick her in your pocket and this was her face --> :D

Tommy, what a great bunch you three guys are. Your boys are wonderful, despite giving nervous me sweaty palms a few times. :oops: Great suggestion on the location as well! Looking forward to seeing you all again soon real soon.

So, when do we start planning the weekend trip down the shore? 8)
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Hey JJ! It was a lot of fun! Kares and I did a little brainstorming on Saturday and we are hoping for an overnight down the shore this summer. Get a kid friendly hotel right on the beach. 8) Stay tuned for more details!
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

Can we do that in July so I have the opportunity to come? Please please please?
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

You got it, sis! *scheduling for July* :D
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Panacea wrote:Can we do that in July so I have the opportunity to come? Please please please?
Oooh! Oooh!!! :D :D

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Down the shore? which shore would this be? If it's close enough, i may be interested in joining in...of course, if it's ok with everyone else.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Most likely the Jersey Shore. Don't know exactly where abouts yet, still working on it. Keep an eye on this forum for details!
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

Anybody have seagull repellant? ;)
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
Mermaid of the Lunar Sea

Post by Mermaid of the Lunar Sea »

Is there going to be another get-together before July? Maybe at Mohegan Sun ... ? They have a Krispy Kreme now! :D
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Mermaid! You surfaced! :D

I think we should pull together another gathering! I'm not going to be able to do anything fancy over the summer as far as a weekend thing but how about a lunch time at least?

OR! How about we all do the Trenton NJ show??? You guys can take the train right on down? We can do dinner and all before the show! Oh fun!

Plus! Pan will be here for the Trenton show!!! :D :D :D