Van Halen

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

wcp

Van Halen

Post by wcp »

They are going on tour in the states i believe! well i know they will be in Detroit but tickets cost 90 american (too rich for me) i have been tyring to win tickets but no luck
they will be touring with Sammy Haggar
anyone planning on going?
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Ever heard the old tour stories of when Van Halen met Rush at a party? Geddy had a tape recorder with some ideas they were working on, adding vocal ideas as they arose, you know how you do...well, here comes Roth the asshole with a drink and an attitude. He puts his arm around Geddy, makes some insulting comment and pours his drink into the tape machine.
There was also the thing where Rush's manager, Ray Daniels was courting Van Halen (with Hagar) and he was supposedly trashing Rush (when it was actually his fault they can get no vid-play on VH1, etc.) making disparaging remarks against the band he's worked with for 25 years (at that time). All this has nothing to do with the tour, but that's what I think of when I hear the name Van Halen.
I'd like to see the vocalist for Dread Zeppelin sing for them. :lol:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Sounds like you like VH about as much as I do, Bro John.
:roll:
Onward and Upward!
wcp

Post by wcp »

haha i saw Robert Plant open up for the Who in 2002....man did he suck. i felt bad for him...lol but the Who rocked!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

wcp wrote:haha i saw Robert Plant open up for the Who in 2002....man did he suck. i felt bad for him...lol but the Who rocked!
CHRIS! GO AWAY! :P
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

van halen is nothing special, not a huge fan have a few good songs
wcp

Post by wcp »

CHRIS! GO AWAY!
i be Craig! and he did suck! what do you want?
- Alex Lifeson
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Yes, but did he still have his shirt half-open? I know a few old contemptoraries that would like to bring that back to rock... :P
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

wcp wrote:
CHRIS! GO AWAY!
i be Craig! and he did suck! what do you want?
PIZZA!
wcp

Post by wcp »

Yes, but did he still have his shirt half-open? I know a few old contemptoraries that would like to bring that back to rock
HAHAHA he did actually lol, had on some funky Hawiian type shirt not buttoned up all the way lol poor old man :)
- Alex Lifeson
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I knew it, that means he must have had the tight pants too :P At least his style hasn't changed much over the years!
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
wcp

Post by wcp »

yes the pants were also tight i belive they were leather? possibly. and his hair was long and flayling around.
- Alex Lifeson
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

*thud*
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

*pokes H's unconscious body with a stick
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

*wakes up and wipes drool from face*

Hunh...whaa?