Rush.net

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

awip2062 wrote: Something I found funny: in Anthem, the protagonist finds what? A light bulb, right? Well, I have a friend who lives in Vladivostok, Russia and what was a prized possesion in that city but a light bulb! It was impossible to keep them in the stairwells of the apartments and other such public places because everyone kept stealing them.
That's amazing. Speaking of former or current communist countries...

I've had the opportunity to visit mainland China a couple of times. Most recently in March. My first time was 3 years ago. As an Objectivist I was wary of what I'd find, but my experience was quite positive. Beijing was a little "dreary" 3 years ago, but the southern cities of Shanghai and Shenzhen were extremely vibrant. The people were energetic and confident and ready to do business. On my recent visit Beijing took on this quality as well.

I can see China going one of two ways. Free Enterprise is taking hold yet the government blatantly violates individual rights. You can't have one without the other. China will end up being a huge success or a horrible failure. My guess is the positive one, but we'll see. (Sorry if I got off topic!)
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Never worry about gedding off topic on By-Tor.

So China is becoming just like the US: free enterprise and govt slaughtering of individual rights. Hmmm.....
Onward and Upward!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

awip2062 wrote:Never worry about gedding off topic on By-Tor.

So China is becoming just like the US: free enterprise and govt slaughtering of individual rights. Hmmm.....
Ironic, eh?
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yeah, it is.

lol

*sigh*
Onward and Upward!
You Bet Your Life

Post by You Bet Your Life »

Hi,

Got room for another refugee?

Joined rush.net a few weeks before it got pulled down. Been trying to join for a year before I finally succeeded. Talk about the bloodiest of bad luck! :-D :-)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

YOu bet your life we have room for another!

Welcome!

Pop down to Useless Nonsense and go to Adri's pizza. Proclaim your newbieness and ged a free za! (pst! this works after you are no longer a newbie too! *Wink*)
Onward and Upward!
Amarok

Post by Amarok »

Be sure we have.

They have room for old members who don't enter the forum very often anymore, so why no refugees?!

Welcome
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Amarok! Nice to see you old friend!
Onward and Upward!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

awip2062 wrote:Yeah, it is.

lol

*sigh*
The real irony is that you can't have one without the other...
Regards,
Bri

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Frisco, you might be interested in this: I was at the library yesterday cruising the biographies and my eye was caught by a title. It was Alan Shrugged. It is the biography of Alan Greenspan and the jacket indicates it goes quite heavily into his love of Ayn's work and her influence on him.
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Amarok wrote:Be sure we have.

They have room for old members who don't enter the forum very often anymore, so why no refugees?!

Welcome
*puts on his best batman voice* welcome back old chum
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

awip2062 wrote:Frisco, you might be interested in this: I was at the library yesterday cruising the biographies and my eye was caught by a title. It was Alan Shrugged. It is the biography of Alan Greenspan and the jacket indicates it goes quite heavily into his love of Ayn's work and her influence on him.
I haven't heard of that one. It should be interesting, given that I do not see much evidence of that influence today. I'll keep my eye out for it.
Regards,
Bri

Amarok

Post by Amarok »

awip2062 wrote: Amarok! Nice to see you old friend!
No surrender on my side, Ma'am! I'll be back more often, I promise.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I am glad to hear that Christian and look forward to bantering with you!
Onward and Upward!
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

You Bet Your Life wrote:Hi,

Got room for another refugee?
You better bet your life we've got room for another refugee! :wink:

Welcome aboard, dude!