By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other Rush Boards
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigwheel Spins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Other Rush Boards Reply with quote

Not sure of the protocol here and I don't want to step on toes, but I was a board member of Trinet for many years. Most recently, everytime I looged on I got rerouted to Rush.com. Needless to say, I'm done with them. Too many reasons why something can't be done or said.

Anybody know why? Is the site still up. Did I get kicked off for no reason as so many others have? I read the post for the GL site and that is a shame, but I must say the folks who run those boards don't do themselves a lot of favors the way they adminster.

Thanks.

like a cornered beast or a conquering hero
Zivo

Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find By-tor quite different than your past experience. He rules with a hands-off approach. As long as we're semi-civil, anything goes, you can say what's on your mind without fear of ostricization. The folks here don't see a lot of new arrivals as invaders, but rather think of it as the family expanding.
So welcome to the machine...
Bigwheel Spins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I've been here before, but haven't posted in probably a year. Long times pals with NPG, although the hussy sold me out for Brit named Chas? What up with that?

Anyway, it's good to be Here Again Laughing

awip2062

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now, Spinner! Watch what you say about MY Tracy! Evil or Very Mad

*t duct tapes Spins and hangs him upside down over a pack of hungry wolves*

My relatives might teach you a thing or two!
by-tor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri-Net is still up, and is the personal site of the former admin of Rush.net. Some of us may not agree with his style of administration methods, but Tri-Net is his site to run as he sees fit. You should now be able to access GeddyLee.net, and RushInRio.com. As for why you were banned from Tri-Net, I don't know...until you hear from Tri-Net's owner, your guess is as good as mine.
Bigwheel Spins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, By. I'm not sure I was banned. One day I just started getting rerouted to Rush.com. Then, on another day, I was able to get in and then rerouted again. Something isn't quite right over there, but you're correct it is a privately owned board and he can do what he wants, but there are enough people out here who have been booted for no good or justifiable reason. And without explanation.

It's nice to see things much looser and care free around here. Thanks for having me - Again.

Chasartymac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigwheel Spins wrote:
Thanks, By. I'm not sure I was banned. One day I just started getting rerouted to Rush.com. Then, on another day, I was able to get in and then rerouted again. Something isn't quite right over there, but you're correct it is a privately owned board and he can do what he wants, but there are enough people out here who have been booted for no good or justifiable reason. And without explanation.

It's nice to see things much looser and care free around here. Thanks for having me - Again.

Bigwheel, you are not alone. There are many people in exactly the same boat as you. you could have been banned by association, by posting on another board or any multitude of reasons. If you have a bit of free time, lurk on over to Counterparts and in the Counterpeeps vs the Rush Police forum, (http://www.rushmessageboard.com/forums/cp/index.php?s=27d0bf5ec7135e252922b57212e79968&showforum=82), you will find out just how big a problem this has been. As of yesterday, positive results have been seen to actually happen. Things are changing.

ps nowt wrong wiv Brits. Laughing
awip2062

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went and looked around CP, but the actual facts of the matter are hard to find there. After reading for about 1/2 hour I got that .net is gone, that people called Anthem and called and called, that there is legal action of some kind going on, that many people got banned fo rlittleto no reason, that manypeople think that Rudy is a jerk,...mostly all surface stuff. And I can't believe how many threads there are about this stuff! More than one forum too! So, unless I want to spend days reading there, I figure I know all I am going to learn from that site.
Bigwheel Spins

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will visit CP and read all about it. Rudy is Moving Pictures, correct?

Hey, the guy can run his board as he wants, as By-Tor said. But if it is recognized as an official Rush board that is authorized by the band and Anthem. . . well, I would imagine you can't be too heavy handed.

by-tor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigwheel Spins wrote:
I think I will visit CP and read all about it. Rudy is Moving Pictures, correct?

Correct

Bigwheel Spins wrote:
Hey, the guy can run his board as he wants, as By-Tor said. But if it is recognized as an official Rush board that is authorized by the band and Anthem. . . well, I would imagine you can't be too heavy handed.

That was one of the biggest 'gripes'. I mean, I could care less who runs the 'official' Rush message board, as long as they did it in a manner which doesn't paint the band in a negative image.
neilpeart_gal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigwheel Spins wrote:
Thanks. I've been here before, but haven't posted in probably a year. Long times pals with NPG, although the hussy sold me out for Brit named Chas? What up with that?

thought i wouldn't see you calling me a hussy, eh?? Wink

glad yer here, bw, but i do love Chasy!!
Chasartymac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neilpeart_gal wrote:
Bigwheel Spins wrote:

thought i wouldn't see you calling me a hussy, eh?? Wink

glad yer here, bw, but i do love Chasy!!

Don't blame NPG. It's my fault. I revealed my heart and soul to her and she was powerless to resist.
Kares4Rush

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Kares instantly starts playing "Heart and Soul" on the piano and ducks the tomatoes thrown at her*

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
neilpeart_gal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chasartymac wrote:

Don't blame NPG. It's my fault. I revealed my heart and soul to her and she was powerless to resist.

This is true and what I found was pure gold. Reeled me in...hook, line and sinker. SIGH.

I love Chas.
EndlesslyRocking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neilpeart_gal wrote:
Chasartymac wrote:

This is true and what I found was pure gold. Reeled me in...hook, line and sinker. SIGH.

I love Chas.

Where is that barfing smiley when you need it??

Evil or Very Mad

Seriously, it's great to find that "someone". Good for you two...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Rush All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: