Rush tour may be cancelled

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

neilpeart_gal

Rush tour may be cancelled

Post by neilpeart_gal »

This was posted on the Counterparts board by a fellow who is a print reporter in Naples, Fla. (as well as a Counterparts board member):

I do not have a lot more to go on other than a close source has revealed that the upcoming Rush tour is looking less likely of getting off the ground. Alex and his lawyers are supposedly preparing for a long trial as there has been no ground with the DA. The legal mess behind the scenes is prohibiting a lot of things from going forward and now the odds of the tour happening are below 50%. This is a pretty credible source and they said that things are just not likely to pan out as far as the tour goes.

The only 'good' news is this may free me up to go to Rushcon...! :cry: [/i]
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Well it sounds believable...but really, its not 100% that this is true is it? But yeah, it seems likely that this is the sad reality of the situation...its particulary upsetting for me because i've yet to see em live. :(
Immortal for a Ltd Time

Post by Immortal for a Ltd Time »

Bummer.

:cry:
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

The only reason I tend to believe it is that this same guy predicted other Rush things that turned out to be true (Neil switching to Sabian for one...when we all thought he was insane for even suggesting it could be true).

Otherwise, I'm not one to listen to idle rumors, either.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I saw this on another board too, today, NPG. :( The person said the source was the same one who predicted the Sabian switch so she must also be a member of Counterparts or has the same source.

I thought he was free to tour, though. This not affecting his Visa or ability to travel. Maybe preparing for the trial takes up that much time? :(

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

That, and the trial itself. I doubt he'd be able to do both at once, as both touring and going to trial are very time consuming things. Hopefully the trial isnt drawn out too long.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I was so afraid of this. :cry: One can only hope for a quick solution now.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
wcp

Post by wcp »

:(
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

maybe if he beats up a judge and runs? i wanted to see my first rush show..
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
:cry:
wcp

Post by wcp »

well hey nothing is decided yet you never know the tour may continue.
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

I agree w/ you wcp. The only reason I put this up is because this guy has been right with things in the past regarding Rush.

But of course, I'm not making any alternate summer plans until I hear something from Rush officially. To me, it would make sense for them to tour this summer in Europe and then tour the States when all this is sorted out. But what do I know?
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Ha-ha sucker. Made you look.

Have a jolly April Fools Eve.
:lol: :twisted: :shock: 8)
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Ya almost had me! But he's right, it is April Fools eve. I never believe the first report from an isolated source, when it all comes out it's time to believe!
yyzcartrob

Post by yyzcartrob »

I really think they (Rush, tour manager, ad execs, label, lawyers, etc...)probably considered every possible scenario, pertaining to the court case, befoe scheduling a world wide 50 gig tour. They knew about Alex's court stuff, it's not like it happened after the tour was scheduled. This sounds like a rumor to me.[/i]