Greatest Canadian

All about Geddy

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

wcp

Greatest Canadian

Post by wcp »

Hello All!!! here in the Great White North we ahev voted on our greatest Canadians! we did this online through a voting website held by the CBC, after the votes were calculated each nominee was given a brief bio on Cbc then we voted again for the top 10. anyway i was looking trough the list of the 100 greatest when my eyes came upon who...?

Geddy Lee!!! number 96!! lol he was a write in ballet also because when i voted for him i had to select "other" and write in his name and a brief bio. i guess a lot of other people did as well since he made the list!!

GO GEDDY!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Hey, wcp! I saw that too!!! So COOL!!! I would have wanted him higher than Avril Lavigne, though! :x

BUT, as you say he was a write-in so that HAD to be impressive for people to do that. The whole band would have been cool but I'll take Geddy (any day :roll: ).

Here's the site:

http://www.cbc.ca/greatest/greatcanadians/

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Ged's the #1 Canadian in my book...
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart