A Darien Lake hopeful....

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Tinkertoy Drummer

A Darien Lake hopeful....

Post by Tinkertoy Drummer »

Everyone knows one Rush show a tour isn't enough, yet working nights prevented me from seeing the one in Cleveland. So I was checking the Darien situation, and thought about making the trek from Ohio to ride coasters before seeing the best 3 man band in the land!

I finally made up my mind to go, but every time I check Ticketmaster the "system is down".....by now I'm sure the only thing left is lawn. :shock: I didn't feel like paying the $70 or whatever it was for seats that were already waaaaaaaaay back as of a month ago. If anyone ends up with an extra seat (*cough* never been in a front section*cough*!) LMK. If I can't find anything good I'll probably just say to hell with it, though I'd kill to see this amazing show again. I don't wanna let the band down either (LOL), but I don't wanna drive 5 hours for a lawn seat! :cool:
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I am told that they keep some front section rows to be sold at the night of the venue. If you feel like a risk-taker you can ride without a safety net to Darien Lake and get the tickets that way, or not get them. Then you can meet the Venerable By-Tor and myself. :P
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

man, TD, i hope you make it. actually, at every concert i've been to, there've been people selling tickets as you enter the parking lot. idk what the quality of those tickets is (they might just be lawn seats :( ), but i do know that (at least in nc) they're not allowed to sell them over..i don't know the actual price, but i don't think it's more than 10 bucks over the price they got them for. just something to consider if you can't get any.

i REALLY hope you get there dude, it's the experience of a lifetime, even when seen in lawn seats.

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
happysmilies007

oh, & btw, nobody's going to attack you for only seeing one, RIGHT GUYS? i only saw one this tour and nobody attacked me!!

"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
kazzman
Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

Post by kazzman »

I want to go to this show so badly. But, three factors are keeping me from going.

1. Age
2. No Car
3. No Job (as of yet)

Anyway from everybody that I know thats going to this show, there's gonna be a huge tailgate party hosted by the admins over at Counterparts. Plus a lot of other people that I know are going and I wanted to hook up with them there.
Kazz
Tinkertoy Drummer

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah the Columbus show rocked as always, but I hate knowing that I could see them again before summer's end! I'm sure I'll talk myself into making the drive regardless. *Crosses fingers* It would be great to meet some of you.

Hope you can make it kazzman.
Brad
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Try Counterparts too....maybe someone there will have extra tickets.

http://www.rushmessageboard.com/forums/ ... wforum=163
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Thongirl

Post by Thongirl »

2yrs. ago at the VT tour at Darien my friends from Ithaca,N.Y followed them through out the north east. That day they went to the venue and got 5th row center. I know for a fact that they hold good tickets for the day of the show. Do not worry i am sure you will get fine seats. If it is any counsolation i will tell you that i have sec.200 row 7 that is center. and i have 4th row which i will be. My husband met this french guy while taveling on his BMW in the isle of de madeline i am sure i spelled that wrong. We invided him to come see Rush my husband said that he would take sec.200 to let this guy up front. You see this man Christan lost his whole family to cancer, mom, dad, and brother. He relates to Neil and is a drummer also. He learned English from Rush albums. He said he will fly i think to Toronto and then we pick him up. Easy from Bflo. Christan said his girlfriend is jelous because she likes Rush also. So invite her and she will sit with my husband in sec.200. We are waiting for reply. If she does not come then i have 1 ticket left. I will try to find out how it will pan out. AS soon as i know something i will post it here on this site. Tell me more about the tailgate because i would hate to miss out on meeting you all.
kazzman

Post by kazzman »

Talk to Ganjagal, Draconator, or T4E2112 on Counterparts about the Tailgate.
Kazz
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i'm hoping to hit darien lake too, but its doubtful anywho see some of you there if i do , though i won't notice most likely
Tinkertoy Drummer

Thongirl...great story. I hope they get to come here, especially with all that he has been through. I lost my dad last year.....it's something you never get over. Anyways, thanks for the heads up on the ticket. I'll be sure to check Counterparts. The more I hear about this show from everyone, the more I'm ready to go! And getting something like 5th row center the day OF the show would blow my mind. I'd be so pumped I'd walk out of there with one of everything from the souvenir stand!

Is it August yet? 8)
Brad
happysmilies007

check out eBay a day or two before the concert. sometimes last-minute things come up, people can't go, and have to sell them. if you don't have tix by then, i'd look just in case..sometimes they can have some pretty good deals on great seats.

kazzman

Post by kazzman »

happysmilies007 wrote:check out eBay a day or two before the concert. sometimes last-minute things come up, people can't go, and have to sell them. if you don't have tix by then, i'd look just in case..sometimes they can have some pretty good deals on great seats.

The only problem with eBay is that you can't trust everybody. I know one guy who paid $1200 for two front row tickets to the opening night, and the guy who sold them to him didn't even have the tickets. I'd rather take my chances at getting them at the gate before I get them on eBay. Plus if you dont get the tickets it isn't like you won't be able to hear them from the parking lot.
Kazz
happysmilies007

well, a lot of times the problem is that the seller isn't allowed to sell the tix for that much over the original price, so whether you won or not, if it's over the legal limit, you can forget it. a lot of sellers put that in the description. but i guess you should get em at the concert because what kazz said definitely has merit.

*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

They still need to be mailed, I wouldn't pay money for an item like that if it had to be here in a day or two :P Would you trust them to send the tickets right away? I wouldn't! :shock: