Hockey Playoffs

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Mr. Bill wrote:
Its the sport that has us so addicted; the fact that we are not in the running now is largely inconsequential.
Can Canada buy Smashville Nashvegas? Do you have a lonely sister? :lol: :lol:
Sure, we'd love to be colonized by our neighbors from the north!! :lol:

BTW Bill, you should have been here at the Draft last year. It was so phenomenal!!! :D

Colonization got da nu page!!! 8)
Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

posted by funky cm
"Anybody but Bob Cole/Harry Neale"
I hear 'ya Funky. But Hary grew on me and I will miss him. Some of his sarcasim is actually very good. And Bob...well he's a Newf and me Mom will kick me if I don't say something nice!

But it's time to switch it up. You guys got one of the best in Jim Hughson IMO. Jim calls a great game.
Living One Long Sunrise
funky cm

Bob Cole

Post by funky cm »

Time for Bob Cole to hang up his skates... 10 years ago. If Toronto isn't playing, he won't know the player's names.

"There's two Canucks coming! It's a two-on-one.!! Score!! *checks his notes to see what the player's name is, or better yet, someone has to tell him* A great goal by _______"

During the last Olympics he and Harry called Team Canada "the Leafs" about 4 or 5 times.
AnalogK

Post by AnalogK »

Mr. Bill wrote:Red Wings will win the cup and here's why.

The size of Stevie Y's heart.

The size of Hatcher.

The mouth of Chelios.

Shanny's desire to hear that funky Irish jig.

Scotty Bowman said so.

Draper's "blanket".

Cujo's "something to proove".

Holmstrom's titanium body.

Datsuyk's mooves.

Lang's hair.

Lidstrom's class.

Maltby's sense of mission.

and last but never least...Brett's big fat smile laughing at eveyone.

Incidentally, even a die hard Bruin fans like me can see this comin' a mile away.

And for Stevie I'll be as happy as I always am for him. This is called a a very sweet Swan Song.

I'll miss him and Brett as much as any player. Thanks for all the great memories guys.
Right on Mr. Bill--Last nights game proved it. How about a Wings -Pistons
Daily Double!!!
Rush on! AnalogK....aka "The Count"

neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Lemme be the first non Wings fan to say I hated seeing Stevie Y. take that puck to the face today. Major OUCH.

Stevie is a class act all the way. I hope he isn't too badly hurt. :cry:
Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

Last I heard he was on his way for x-rays. Could be broken cheek bone or worse orbital.

I hope that wasn't his last game cause that wouldn't be right. Get well bud.
Living One Long Sunrise
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

While watching the Flyers/Leafs massacre yesterday :cry: they did a good piece on Steve Y. I admit I don't know much about him other than that he is one hell of a hockey player. I am wishing him the best for a speedy and successful recovery.

I was impressed when his coach said that Steve's first words after surgery were about wanting to travel with the team. That's a true credit to his sense of team. 8)
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Okay, what's the bet? Who's showing their money?

My Av's to become only the third team in NHL history to come back from 0-3.

Game 6 in Colorado is going to be a slaughter, 5-1 Av's.

Game 7 is going to be tight. San Jose will pull their goalie with just under two minutes left since the Av's will have a 2-1 lead, and the Av's will score an empty netter to win the game 3-1 and the series 4-3.

You heard it here first folks.

(I actually predicted this after the Av's game four win, but only my wife was around to hear me :? )
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

The only thing I predicted was the Wings losing to the Flames.

I love being right!!! :lol:
Immortal for a Ltd Time

Post by Immortal for a Ltd Time »

WWWWAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

No cup for da Wings this year, eh... :( :(

Yeah, poor Steve Y. He has multiple fractures in the orbital bone and a scratched cornea. He was in surgery for 4 hours to repair the damage, but he is expected to make a full recovery. It could have been a lot worse...if the puck had hit him square in the eye, he could have lost an eye....a career ending event, I would think...

Good luck to all the other NHL teams that are left....

8)
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

No cup for the DeadWings. Life is grand. :twisted:

Hatcher should be kicked out of the NHL.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

As a fan of the game, I wanted to see Chelios, Shanny, Cujo, Stevie, Stumpy (especially), Brett and Schnieder win won and then all retire Champions. As much as I dislike Chelios I respect his game to no end.

That's not going to happen and likely they will never be poised again with this group. Very sad considering Stevie's situation. But they have won their share.

Hat's off to the Flames. The suffering fans in Calgary deserve it.

Detroit likely won't be the powerhouse it once was for a few years. "Hockey Town" is over.

Hey BT - If you think I'm gonna bet against Joe and Peter your more nutso than I thought! :wink:

Oh yea...Somebody better put Leaf Nation "on watch". That will be a VERY emotional game tonight in Toronto.
Living One Long Sunrise
Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

Oh. yea #2!!!!

I won an official hand-signed Todd Bertuzzi Team Canada jersey today. I can't believe it. Part of a promotion for the upcoming World Cup.

Funny thing is the letter said "answer the skill testing question without the use of a machine". I panicked. :shock:

It was a Gatorade contest. It will take 6-8 weeks to get here.

Now...what if Hockey Canada decides he shouldn't play in the tournament this August because of his suspension? What does that do to the value? Collector's item?

Funky CM - what's that worth in BC?
Living One Long Sunrise
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Todd Bertuzzi?? :evil: I hated him before he got suspended this year!!!

But hey Bill, if you're happy, I'M happy...........!! And let Ebay be your friend.........!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

WOOOHOOOO TORONTO IS OUT!
Ottawa has been avenged
i'm so happy