The NBA: It's SHAQ-TASTIC!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:
I think the Pacers are still pretty soft. I'm not even convinced they'll make it out of the East.
At least some of my predictions come true...
:twisted:

I'm not backing off my prediction of a Lakers series victory, but I will admit I did not fully realize how good Detroit is. They're very impressive.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I don't think the Pacers were soft. Winning 61 games, having the defensive player of the year and making it to East finals is not the definition of soft. They just ran into a good team, the same team that is kicking LA's ass. Except for a small miracle this series should be over now. It will be Tuesday.... How would you like to be the first West team to lose to the East in what, 6 years? :twisted:
Happy 2015!
EndlesslyRocking

And they didn't make it out of the East, just like I said. The Magic 8 Ball hasn't been completely off this month.

Well...

Obviously I'm very disappointed. I just cannot believe how poorly the team is playing. Payton is useless. I hope we cut his sorry excuse-making ass the minute the series is over.

Tough to win when the other team gets so many more free throws: a testament to Detroit's disciplined, effective defense. Well played Pistons!
They are a definitely the better team right now. No question.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:And they didn't make it out of the East, just like I said. The Magic 8 Ball hasn't been completely off this month.

Well...

Obviously I'm very disappointed. I just cannot believe how poorly the team is playing. Payton is useless. I hope we cut his sorry excuse-making ass the minute the series is over.

Tough to win when the other team gets so many more free throws: a testament to Detroit's disciplined, effective defense. Well played Pistons!
They are a definitely the better team right now. No question.
well as a Indiana sports fan always says, "just you wait until next year"
Happy 2015!
Immortal for a Ltd Time

Post by Immortal for a Ltd Time »

Go Pistons!!!!! :blob4:
:wav:
YAY!!!!!!

:-D
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance
EndlesslyRocking

Immortal for a Ltd Time wrote:Go Pistons!!!!! :blob4:
:wav:
YAY!!!!!!

:-D
I never liked you...

:x

;)
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

How was the show I4ALT?
Happy 2015!
EndlesslyRocking

Well...to quote my son..."CRAP DOODY!"

Damn that was an ugly way to end a bizarre year. Yuck.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I saw on ESPN today that LA is going to do everything to try and keep Kobe including trading Shaq if he demands it. That is crazy talk, right? Shaq is the most dominant player in the NBA and he does not have any baggage. He makes any team an instant contender. I can't believe LA would even hint at trading him.
Happy 2015!
EndlesslyRocking

Soup4Rush wrote:I saw on ESPN today that LA is going to do everything to try and keep Kobe including trading Shaq if he demands it. That is crazy talk, right? Shaq is the most dominant player in the NBA and he does not have any baggage. He makes any team an instant contender. I can't believe LA would even hint at trading him.
I'm not sure what is going on, what's real, what's posturing and positioning for the future....

I'm certainly one who thinks we can afford to lose Kobe a lot more than we can afford to lose Shaq. He is the heart and soul of the team. I would be devastated if they let Shaq go.
EndlesslyRocking

Soup4Rush wrote:I saw on ESPN today that LA is going to do everything to try and keep Kobe including trading Shaq if he demands it. That is crazy talk, right? Shaq is the most dominant player in the NBA and he does not have any baggage. He makes any team an instant contender. I can't believe LA would even hint at trading him.
Well apparently, not only is Shaq leaving Los Angeles, the Pacers are on his short list!!!

DAMN!!!

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I saw that too. but they want Jermaine in trade and I don't like that at all. I don't think he will end up here in Indiana. I think LA is high for getting rid of him. He still has 4 or 5 good years left and he is the most dominant player in the NBA.
Happy 2015!
EndlesslyRocking

Soup4Rush wrote:I think LA is high for getting rid of him. He still has 4 or 5 good years left and he is the most dominant player in the NBA.
Maybe getting high would be good for everyone. Mellow out the situation abit.... :cool:

There was an article today in the paper which said that Rudy T might be able to get Shaq to stay, assuming he's hired (which it looks like he will be).
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

what about Kobe? I was under the impression one of them had to go.
Happy 2015!
EndlesslyRocking

Soup4Rush wrote:what about Kobe? I was under the impression one of them had to go.
I'm not sure that's true. Kobe is a free agent, but no one can afford to pay him what the Lakers can pay him. He still has this terrible cloud hanging over his head as well.

Shaq has two years left on his contract, he can opt out after one.

The Lakers have no obligation to indulge their drama if they don't choose to.

If you're asking my preference, I'd keep Shaq and let Kobe go.