Is Hell a bad place?

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

schuette

Is Hell a bad place?

Post by schuette »

I?ve been thinking abut this lately......and sorry to all the religious folk here that might take offence......but is Hell really a place where the ?sinners? get punished? I mean the Devil relishes in getting people to commit sins, so when they go to hell why do they get punished? Surely Satan is happy that ?we? have sinned and therefore should actually reward us when go to Hell. Maybe the ?sinners? actually live the rest of eternity drinking, smoking and shagging everything that moves instead of shovelling piles of shit or burning in an eternal fire.....

Just a thought....
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Interesting angle. I wonder what kind of music is in Hell? Barry Manilow?

ImageImage
Last edited by Zivo on Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
schuette

Post by schuette »

that's only if your there to get punished :wink: .....and thankfully only one of your pics worked....plzzzzzzzz dont fix them...
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Just some fire, hon. Nothing to be frightened of :D
schuette

Post by schuette »

okai that's cool then...well actually it's not cuz it's hot.... :roll:
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Yes, you ged punished there. And right now hell is American Idol. They're doing all Barry Manilow songs :P
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

schuette wrote:I?ve been thinking abut this lately......and sorry to all the religious folk here that might take offence......but is Hell really a place where the ?sinners? get punished? I mean the Devil relishes in getting people to commit sins, so when they go to hell why do they get punished? Surely Satan is happy that ?we? have sinned and therefore should actually reward us when go to Hell. Maybe the ?sinners? actually live the rest of eternity drinking, smoking and shagging everything that moves instead of shovelling piles of shit or burning in an eternal fire.....

Just a thought....
I'm thinking maybe the Devil isn't necessarily in charge there--perhaps he's being punished too? Also, they say that misery loves company, so perhaps if he's being punished he'd want everyone else there to be punished also. If you put crayfish in a bucket, and one tries to crawl out, another one will reach up and pull it back down into the bucket. Perhaps it's like that? :?
*Lifesonite wrote:Yes, you ged punished there. And right now hell is American Idol. They're doing all Barry Manilow songs :P
LOL!!!
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Panacea wrote:
Just a thought....
I'm thinking maybe the Devil isn't necessarily in charge there--perhaps he's being punished too? Also, they say that misery loves company, so perhaps if he's being punished he'd want everyone else there to be punished also. If you put crayfish in a bucket, and one tries to crawl out, another one will reach up and pull it back down into the bucket. Perhaps it's like that? :?
[/quote]

your absolutely right pan, at least form what i was taught, when The Christ spent 3 days in hell before rising it is said that he took with him the keys to the abyss, so He has the doorkey, He is in charge, just as everything else is His
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

School sucks :shock:
We're all mad here!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

you don't learn that sort of thing is school , i learned through my own reading and the like
schuette

Post by schuette »

Sir Myghin wrote:your absolutely right pan, at least form what i was taught, when The Christ spent 3 days in hell before rising it is said that he took with him the keys to the abyss, so He has the doorkey, He is in charge, just as everything else is His
who was in charge of Hell before Christ was born?
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i don't know but my knowledge is Satan was not so much made a ruler as condemned as all others are
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Perhaps there is part of that intellengence still alive today, sort of advanced mingled genitics crossing all races. Just to put yet another twist
towards an idea that ,who knows for sure? mens agitat molem A mind informs the mass. (Used by Virgle in a pantheistic sense of the world; often applied to an unwieldy, dull-looking person.) Of course I'm talking about good and bad here (not to get off the gnawing and gnashing of the mind, Shu) Religion is good that it brings people together, unfortunately there are to many concepts towards worship, most people neglecting the whole idea of love. I don't mean to say that people don't love it's just that they are living in a box so to speak thier own worlds with spouses, Childen, Friends etc...The problem is to many opinions and love hasn't yet crossed boarders to an higher understanding. Everyone will say; it's just not that easy! Sometimes the most simplest terms are the best. Then again another twist that you all probably know that not all our minds are alike and we could explore the merits of hitler and the enviorment so if your going to let your mind expand all options are viable because some of those intelectual beings could be your neighbor. Watch out and wear your lead linded cap to bed tonight. Think miracles happen everyday more so than times past because there are more of us and shit happens everyday, more so! I'm living in the twlight zone, fruit loops are the color of my life! Reciep for a good dream; muscle work out with an extreme sweat bath, bbq, 4 beers, chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup and a banana. That's is how I feel about religion, at least today. :lol: I'm a bit touched don't know why but you won't see me starting any motorcycle races.

See what you made me go and do now Shu? Opening my mind giving an opinion not wanting to be anybodys instructor but my own.

Perhaps there is part of that intelligence still alive today, sort of advanced mingled genetics crossing all races. Just to put yet another twist towards an idea that, who knows for sure? mens agitat molem A mind informs the mass. (Used by Virgle in a pantheistic sense of the world; often applied to an unwieldy, dull-looking person.) Of course I'm talking about good and bad here (not to get off the gnawing and gnashing of the mind, Shu) Religion is good that it brings people together, unfortunately there are to many concepts towards worship, most people neglecting the whole idea of love. I don't mean to say that people don't love it's just that they are living in a box so to speak their own worlds with spouses, Children, Friends etc...The problem is to many opinions and love hasn't yet crossed boarders to an higher understanding. Everyone will say; it's just not that easy! Sometimes the simplest terms are the best. Then again another twist that you all probably know that not all our minds are alike and we could explore the merits of Hitler and the environment so if your going to let your mind expand all options are viable because some of those intellectual beings could be your neighbor. Watch out and wear your lead lined cap to bed tonight. Think miracles happen everyday more so than times past because there are more of us and shit happens everyday, more so! I'm living in the twilight zone, fruit loops are the color of my life! Recipe for a good dream; muscle work out with an extreme sweat bath, bbq, 4 beers, chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup and a banana. That?s how I feel about religion, at least today. I'm a bit touched don't know why but you won't see me starting any motorcycle races.

See what you made me go and do now Shu? Opening my mind giving an opinion not wanting to be anybodys instructor but my own.

I just came back in to correct the spelling seeing I'm learning more and more each and everyday. I've decided to just enjoy nature and leave all the nonsense in life for others to be concerned about, not Me anymore.

( X X)
O
-----
Last edited by Mr. Potatoe Head on Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

heheh thats awesome potato rant on old man!
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

glad you liked it me sir

To plead the organic causation of a religious state of mind, then, in refutation of its claim to possess superior spiritual value, is quite illogical and arbitrary, unless one have already worked out in advance some psycho-physical theory connecting spiritual values in general with determinate sorts of physiological change. Otherwise none of our thoughts and feelings . . . could retain any value as revelations of the truth, for every one of them without exception flows from the state of their possessor?s body at the time