What'z yur dae gig, & who is a musician here?

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

What'z yur dae gig, & who is a musician here?

Post by Walkinghairball »

Since I am a "refugee", and all that I really dont know but a select few on the By-tor board. So who are you and what do you do?

Me I am in medical supplies. Warehouse shipping and receiving, and delivery. We service must of the Pacific Northwest. Been there for 4 years and 22 days now and like most day gigs,(yes I spelled it all dicked up on purpose to be a clown like that) I want to just play music and teach music privately and professionally.
This leads me to the alter ego that is the Walkinghairball...........
I play drums for a classic rock band here in Spokane, Wa.
Innersanctum is the name. Been with them for 10 years now and even though we play every thing else we still try to get our stuff out there. We got a new rhythm guitarist/ keyboardist about 9 months ago and were still working the rust and bugs off of him. Unfortunately we play all month long in July so I have no chance to see the boy's at Whiteriver or Clark County. Contracts suck when they get signed 3 days before the tour dates come out.
Ok, who's next.
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

I am a musician, a young composer, one man band i play the guitar , bass, and sing, bass is the prime instrument so it shines above in my composing, greatly inspired by geddy he saved my bass playing ability without it i'd still be playing .... new age junk..
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I have no day job. Hah! Chores and stuff... I'm between things now, going to school for a trade will be my day job in 6 months or a year from now. I've been toying with the idea of a part time job soon though. Who knows, all will work out! I am a young'un if you're wondering :P

I play Guitar and I've recently started singing, it's coming along good. I am not as hard of a stone-cold rocker as ElfDude or Zivo yet, but I do alright ;) I have never played new-age crap like Myghin, I played mostly classic rock and considered stopping playing as I didn't find a style that I really liked. Alex saved me from that and here I am today ;)

If you're curious about their stone-cold-rocking prowess then you may check it out the Elfdude or Zivo threads in the General section. (The one we're in!)
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

I am an angel, my job is sweeping the dirt off of my Grandmothers floor and vaccuming the cobwebs out of my mind...jings mah boab...would someone ged me a ladder? It looks like a long long way to fall...I am a skin basher, and I kick Syrinx...Shhhh! Don't tell Winston!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

By day I am working towards being a metrologist... for now I'm a senior tech in the primary standards lab at Hart Scientific (www.hartscientific.com)

I'm also a divorced parent, trying to raise two beautiful little girls almost single-handedly. That could be a full-time job all by itself, but I have to do the day job thing to keep up with the house payments and put food on the table (and pay alimony if the ex gets her way, but I'm fighting).

When the opportunity arises I try to make music. I like recording at home, as well as playing in an oldies band once in a while. Like the cool Lifesonitedude said, more on that in another thread.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
schuette

Post by schuette »

single/divorced mum of 2 kids....like Elfie they are beautiful but also shits from hell! I dont work as such waiting for my son, the youngest, to go to school (he's in nursery the now) then I'll go and get a job.
I dont play any instruments as such but I have got my music o' level...
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

I work in customer service/firefighting. Most days its glorified data entry, other days its problem solving as quickly as I can.

Musician? Guitar sitting beside me, collecting dust. I play, but the muse hasn't struck me as of late. In fact I think my muse is on strike... :lol:
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

I'm a shrink in Northern California.

Married 12 years, 2 kids, etc. etc.

PS: Welcome aboard!
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Welcome to the madhouse 'refugee' :lol:

I deliver mail to rural areas down 'ere in South West England for way too many years now but I get to drive every day (and play cassettes non-stop) unlike the majority of my 'walking with heavy mail bags' colleagues. Burdened with the usual wife, three children, dog, three cats and a pc.
I play my drums several times a week in support of my ongoing 'HusK' project.
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Hi walkinghairball!
By day I help manage an internet tech support center. It's not as exciting as it sounds, though. Can you imagine being Mother and Father to 800 screaming baby birds (tech agents) all at once? Those pissers need their worms. :lol:

By night.....what *Lifesonite said :wink:

Welcome to the playground. Let the fray begin!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

*Lifesonite wrote: I play Guitar and I've recently started singing, it's coming along good. I am not as hard of a stone-cold rocker as ElfDude or Zivo yet, but I do alright ;) I have never played new-age crap like Myghin, I played mostly classic rock and considered stopping playing as I didn't find a style that I really liked. Alex saved me from that and here I am today ;)
I only played new crap because thats what my friends played i eventually gave up playing in their bands just because the music was boring
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Actual new-age is meant to be a bit boring, I think. I absolutely love it in the background of a conversation or with a cuppa after a dicky day. To play it would be torture, to use it for a zen-like calm is good stuff.
OMMMMMMMMMMMM
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

new age punk makes me want to vomit and thats mostly what iw asstuck playing
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

*Stalking SMD*

Can I ged a no honk garruntee from you, dude?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Zivo's right. New age music does have it's place. In the 80's I used to write and record my own version of it. And I loved the bands that pioneered it, like Tangerine Dream and Ashra.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?