What'z yur dae gig, & who is a musician here?

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

All righty, back on topic we go! :wink:

I'm a stay home mom to two daughters, a dog, and a guinea pig. I do have a part time job working for a neighbor but will soon be reentering the full time work force. I'm pursuing jobs in the mortgage biz as that is where my experience from my pre-mommy days are. So, anyone with any connections here in South Jersey, send them my way! :wink:

For fun I like to listen to music, hang out here in the asylum, and travel when ever and where ever possible. If I'm not exhausted, I like to read (mostly beach trash) and watch the occassional movie.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Excellent, come on now, 150 of us there has to be more to know......
Keep em coming.
This space for rent
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I'd tell you what I do during the day, but then I'd have to kill you.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Oh! Oh! Tell SMD so you can kill him, I want to have another funeral for him, but I don't think he will explode again for a while.
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

I teach 7th grade science--life science mostly. I also teach one class of 6th graders (earth science) but as I am not so good at that, I tend to forget to mention them. Or maybe it's because I can't stand them? ;) I've been married 15 years, and have two children, a marvelous cat, and two snakes.

I have been playing guitar about two months now. All I can say is I play a recognizable couple of songs. :oops:
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I am Aerosmitten's and H's DLB's mum. I stay at home (just a wee days' drive from you, Hairball) and teach them and my two other kiddos during the day.

Well, we call it staying at home, or homeschooling, but really we do run around a bit. Every afternoon is something different. Monday is the library (all of us), piano(youngest daughter), and bass and guitar lessons (H'd DLB and I), along with softball for the youngest daughter (Dovey). Tuesday is drum and guitar lessons(H (Aero)and I). Wednesday I have a meeting; H has concert band; Dovey has softball; H's DLB, H, and I have youth band at church. Thursday we all have art at my mum's house. Friday is concert band and jazz band for H, and beginning jazz band for H's DLB and I. I think I need to go back to bed now.
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

awip2062 wrote:I am Aerosmitten's and H's DLB's mum. I stay at home (just a wee days' drive from you, Hairball) and teach them and my two other kiddos during the day.

Well, we call it staying at home, or homeschooling, but really we do run around a bit. Every afternoon is something different. Monday is the library (all of us), piano(youngest daughter), and bass and guitar lessons (H'd DLB and I), along with softball for the youngest daughter (Dovey). Tuesday is drum and guitar lessons(H (Aero)and I). Wednesday I have a meeting; H has concert band; Dovey has softball; H's DLB, H, and I have youth band at church. Thursday we all have art at my mum's house. Friday is concert band and jazz band for H, and beginning jazz band for H's DLB and I. I think I need to go back to bed now.
With all that how do you have 2600 post? :shock:
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

With all that how do you have 2600 post?
Ummmmmmmmmm.....well............. :oops:

Duct tapes SouperRushMan to her music stand. Now you can watch my day and see. :wink:
Onward and Upward!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

like Tangerine Dream and Ashra.

Tangerine Dream, lmao, many cannabis fuelled evenings long long ago with an eccentric Scottish hippy chick who only ever listened to them, :lol:
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Student at Oklahoma State University...officially a PhD candidate in sociology, but I'm really working towards a secondary ed teaching certificate in English. Also work in the library and am the primary stay-at-home parent for three keeeds (almost 9, just about 7, and 3). And I manage to play drums for about a half hour 4 or 5 times a week.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:I am Aerosmitten's and H's DLB's mum. I stay at home (just a wee days' drive from you, Hairball) and teach them and my two other kiddos during the day.

You are SO the kind of woman I wish I had married. Hindsight is always 20-20, isn't it?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Awwwwwwwwwwwww...Elfie. *hugs* How sweet.
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I was thinking about this today. About what you said, Elfie.

I have had so many people tell me I wam wasting my life doing what I do. I have been told I am wasting my mind and I should leave my kids to others and work. It is so nice to hear someone encourage me in it.

I was listening to Losing It today and it got me to thinking about all of this. I have known people like those in the song. I know men and women who discovered new stars, wrote computer programs for spacecraft, played in world class symphony orchestras, danced ballet extremely well, et cetera. As they aged they lost their abilities to continue doing those things, but I, as I age, will still be Mum. And I will see the fruit of what I did.

So, thanks for the encouragement.
Onward and Upward!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Work is just work, you've got a good job :D
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

There is work and there is work. Mine is work, but it is so much more than work.

BTW..this reminds me. Whom do you all think are the men who hold high places?
Onward and Upward!