Phobias

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

schuette

Post by schuette »

I know it sounds crazy and with me being so sane it'll be hard to understand :roll: ........but I cant touch buttons the thought of holding one makes me bok..and if someone poured a jar over me I would spu my load! I think it goes back to when I was wee and my mum dressed me in cardigans (the most revolting piece of clothing ever thought of!!) and it's sort of stemmed from there....
and it's only plastic buttons that are the most horriblest..
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:Thanks for the insight...
You're welcome.

That'll be $150.00 please...

:twisted:

Schuette, you're on the right track. Phobias are not about the object themselves, but rather the association of that object with trauma, anxiety, etc.

Take a plastic button, and hold it in your hand for 5 seconds. Then, hold it for 10, and so forth. You should become desensitized to the anxiety provocation fairly quickly as your body learns you can hold it with nothing bad happening.

Or, you can smash plastic buttons with a hammer, and express your domination over this inanimate object. Either way...

;)

That'll be $150.00 please...
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

But who will clean up all the bok and spu?
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Yell at the buttons while you do it. Make sure to have your children present at the time so that they don't have to deal with this trauma someday.
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

Mum, hitting buttons with hammers, screaming at them....that's not going to traumatize them in some way :wink:
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

That's just what I was gedding at! Thanks Zivo :)
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

Ah, sorry to be the king of the bloody obvious :wink:
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

What about words...they don't bother me until I start thinking about them and how they can stand for what they stand for but I don't know what either is...how do we keep using WORDS!!!!! AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
We're all mad here!
schuette

Post by schuette »

LOL!!!! you lot :lol: ......but alas I dont think I could ever hold them and as for traumatizing the kids Jade takes great pleasure at chucking them at me........the wee shit
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

They are cutting paths in my mind...the Words they slice me with such arrogant points and scoff at the chaos :cry: I HATE WORDS!!!
We're all mad here!
Zivo

Post by Zivo »

Xanadu wrote:They are cutting paths in my mind...the Words they slice me with such arrogant points and scoff at the chaos :cry: I HATE WORDS!!!
So if I can't find "words" of comfort, thus saying absolutely nothing, that would be rather helpful, no? Oh...sorry. Too late :oops:
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Words are deceptions, words are lies...when I was born there were no words...I thought without words...I thought all the time about things that words couldnot describe...concepts beyond the reach of explanation. I try to remember how to think without words...without rigid associations setting the boundaries. To be able to describe everything would not make sense to any one but me...some things...may not be repetative. If it can't be repeated in my mind is it lost in time? :shock:
We're all mad here!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I have an unusual one, the fear of forgetting the password. Its called friendorphobia :lol:
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
schuette

Post by schuette »

LOL :lol:
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Actually, I have three phobias - mild cases of Accrophobia and Claustrophobia and a serious (and I mean SERIOUS) case of Arachnaphobia (watching Shelob's Lair in Return of the King was torture.)
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'